• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea

You can find lots of information if you use the search function of this site.

It really works but opiate alkoloids which are smeared on the seeds change a lot between batches, brands. Some could be so weak that you can't feel anything, another could be so strong, an opiate naive person can get very sick or even overdose if they're not careful.

Nobody will be able to give you an exact measure. The important point is treating the seeds as if they are very strong If you are going to use them for the first time.

You could try using 200 gr of seeds for the tea for your first time. Don't down the whole tea at once, sip it slowly and keep in mind that you usually start feeling it after about 1 hour and the intensity will build up for a couple hours after that.

The most important point is start using a small amount, drink it slowly and be patient. You will start to feel the effects after an hour so don't keep on drinking. It could give you upset stomach so don't be full or hungry, take an antiacid before drinking the tea and keep some ginger handy in case you get nauseous.

Good luck, take care.

Last edited:
I think the amounts of seeds ppl are doing is way too high I'd say start with 50g then another 50 if u not feeling it.im a high tolerance user and I use like 60-80g of seeds at lunch for my hit.i take 150mg tramadol in the morning so that dose is like a top-up to me but to someone with no tolerance or experience it could be too much or enough to fuck u up.one batch I got 250g split into 4doses made me nod off for like six hrs four days in a row.to get that kind of buzz using ms contin tablets would take at least a 100mg each day.so there was at least that much or more in the seeds and that was 60g of seeds a day.200g of those seeds would overdose a non tolerant person.id say usually my 60-80g dose yeilds the equivalent to about 15-30mg morphine on average I'd say for regular batches I get. a 250g bottle of seeds will be a decent day long dose for me but would be more than enough for non tolerant ppl.seeds are unpredictable in strength so I'd say 200g could be risky for you.some ppl on here say they use like a pound or a kilo of seeds which with the average ones I get is totally overkill.its way too much.

The potency will vary a lot depending on where you buy them. If you get them from most chain grocery stores they will have been washed and weak.

I don't think any seeds are actually washed bcoz if you've ever washed seeds I can tell you that they change colour and they will start to ferment and rot if they're not dried thoroughly straight away.now picture how big of an area of flat trays you'd need to spread out all the seeds to dry them.one kilo of seeds takes up a lot of area when laid out flat now time that by 1000 for each day.i don't think any company has that kind of time/space just to let shit dry out and you'd really need to heat them to dry them enough to not rot in there containers while there sitting on store shelves.and they turn brown instead of being black/blue.you could totally tell if they've been washed.do yourself an experiment and get a bottle of seeds rinse them then try drying out the seeds.see if it's doable.then times it by at least a thousand maybe even ten thousand bcoz just to supply one company that sells like one bottle of seeds a day to all the stores in all the major supermarkets in a country it makes rinsing and drying seeds too much effort.too much cost to heat it and heaps would go off.once they've been rinsed they're basically bird seed.theyre fucked once they get wet.it would take ages to dry them in an oven without burning them.and you'd need to spread them out really thin to dry them in the sun.if they weren't spread out thin they'd start to ferment.

I don't think any seeds are actually washed bcoz if you've ever washed seeds I can tell you that they change colour and they will start to ferment and rot if they're not dried thoroughly straight away.now picture how big of an area of flat trays you'd need to spread out all the seeds to dry them.one kilo of seeds takes up a lot of area when laid out flat now time that by 1000 for each day.i don't think any company has that kind of time/space just to let shit dry out and you'd really need to heat them to dry them enough to not rot in there containers while there sitting on store shelves.and they turn brown instead of being black/blue.you could totally tell if they've been washed.do yourself an experiment and get a bottle of seeds rinse them then try drying out the seeds.see if it's doable.then times it by at least a thousand maybe even ten thousand bcoz just to supply one company that sells like one bottle of seeds a day to all the stores in all the major supermarkets in a country it makes rinsing and drying seeds too much effort.too much cost to heat it and heaps would go off.once they've been rinsed they're basically bird seed.theyre fucked once they get wet.it would take ages to dry them in an oven without burning them.and you'd need to spread them out really thin to dry them in the sun.if they weren't spread out thin they'd start to ferment.

I agree 100 per cent, and truly washed seeds would be useless for baking and higher-morphine cultivars taste better because it is the morphine, codeine, noscapine, oils and resins which make poppy seeds taste good. Apparently thebaine and oripavine not so much -- I have seen and tasted Norman and Przemko poppy seeds in the past and they are brown and taste like shit -- and I have actually never seen or had people write to me about them being on sale for baking all these decades on six continents, not even in Tasmania where 42 per cent of the poppy crop are these low morphine/high thebaine & oripavine cultivars.

I read one article about that dupe dumbfuck US Senator who tried to get unwashed seeds banned and iI was a bit impressed with the amount of disinformation they were able to cram into it -- at least going back to Anslinger of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics being rebuffed in the early 1930s about harassing immigrant housewives making these kind of decoctions, the DEA and their predecessors know that a foodstuff that grows feral in all 50 states and all over the world which has medicinal properties cannot be reigned in like they would like, unlike something more finicky like coca plants that seem to need a certain elevation and annual average temperature, so they have to depend on disinformation, obscurantism, and the occasional little bit of terrorism to do their mandated work.

The batch to batch variability also includes morphine:codeine ratios and noscapine content and is the natural variability plus growing conditions.

Last edited:
I think the biggest misinformation about seeds is that they're washed and sterilised.i don't think any of them are.
One batch of seeds I got was the complete opposite to normal kept me up completely uncomfortable heart racing short breath.i suspect it's a high thebaine variety.it was so unpleasant and unusual that I haven't dared to try the rest of it.its still in the cupboard 3/4full with a big X scratched into the top.evil unpleasant batch that one.one time in 3 yrs though that's good odds.