• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea?

Shatter

Greenlighter
Alright, so to be short, from what I understand, you can go to the store, find some unwashed poppy seeds, put them in a container with water, shake for 5 minutes, and drink the water for a good high.

literally that easy. Anyone done this? What dosing would be appropriate for a 130 pound relatively opiate naive male?

I'm 17 now and can't drive yet but I will be able to soon. It would be hard to get a bag of poppies to try without the parents noticing but I would gladly try.

This is making me so excited. Technically the only edible kinds are the ones that contain opium iirc

Last edited:
Yes, it can be extremely effective. I've had batches that were better than heroin. The thing is, you won't have much luck buying them at the store, they'll likely be washed and also VERY expensive for the amount you'll need. I've only ever found bulk poppy seed for decent prices at a big discount store (not sure if I'm allowed to specify so I won't). There's one brand in particular that people like, I can't mention it here, but a Google search will probably show you as there are other forums with extensive threads on poppy seed tea. The other option is eBay, quality will vary a LOT but at least you can specify unwashed seeds (which is what you want), and though I've gotten some weak seeds, I've never gotten any that straight up don't work (I usually have to use over a pound or two but I'm in chronic pain/an addict so I dose daily and my tolerance is high. It can get STRONG so watch out and drink slow.

Awesome! Damn I can't believe I can be this close to getting nice opiate highs (I can't find any damn opiates around me, I have no connections) for cheap. If I get this to work I will be so happy lol

You should be able to get it to work, another thing is make sure they're papaver somniferum seeds. That's the most common kind anyway, but if you see other seeds, they probably won't work.

The thing I want to stress most though is just be careful. You never know how much morphine/codeine is in a cup and for a starter, I wouldn't use more than a quarter pound. It also takes a while to peak, up to 3 or 4 hours, so it might be a good idea to split a cup into two or more doses. It lasts a long time so you'll still get quite high. Like I said, I have a heroin/fentanyl tolerance and chronic pain and this stuff is strong enough to kill the pain and get me SUPER high. I do use lemon juice to extract more alkaloids and it works like a charm but I wouldn't do that without a tolerance. Good luck!

Awesome! Damn I can't believe I can be this close to getting nice opiate highs (I can't find any damn opiates around me, I have no connections) for cheap. If I get this to work I will be so happy lol
Just be warned, man - this stuff is every bit as addictive as other opiates.
There are many reports that say it is harder to detox from than things like heroin.

You are young and living with your parents - if you consider how much effort it will be to try this once (sneaking around, etc).
Then think about having to do that every day - just to prevent sickness from withdrawal.

Then think about trying to hide withdrawals from your folks - the sweating, shaking and involuntary movements. Or worse still, how they would cope with an accident like an overdose (yes, you can OD on seed tea) occurring.

Honestly, once you develop a taste for opiates, it isn't something you can un-learn.
Poppy seed tea might seem harmless, but it is playing with fire, my friend.
Just be don't get too excited about the prospect of opiates. When they stop being fun they can become the absolute opposite - a total nightmare. Be careful...

Yeah, you're very right and thank you btw. I know it's a good idea to split it in 2. I had a bad almost overdose on hydrocodone by misjudging the mg/ml (which retardedly wasn't labeled on the prescription) once and I've been careful since. I'm itching for another high though and it's real bad, but like my DXM trips I never plan on doing it several days in a row, I know that doing it daily is what starts addiction so as long as I always spread it out I should decrease my chances.

Also on the quarter pound, will I feel that? I heard some people do up to a pound but that seems excessive and worried me so I will start with a quarter pound split in 2 doses a few hours apart. I'm realy itching to try it though, even just as an experiment.

Like how much easier could it get

Last edited:
Honestly, it depends on the seeds, but if they're unwashed and you don't have a tolerance, yes, big time. Buy half a pound so if you don't feel much, you can make another batch. I agree with what spacejunk said and you seem to have the right mindset to use drugs recreationally, but it's really true that once that door has been opened, it can be very hard to close. It is also true that it will require a lot of material/paraphernalia which can be hard to hide. I know what you mean about it being like an experiment though, it can feel really great when you get it right.

And yes, people do use more than a pound quite regularly but those are people like me who do heroin too and are addicts. Even the other day I used a pound and was surprised how strongly it affected me.

Nobody can tell you what a good dose is, because the morphine content varies so much from seed to seed. You probably won't have much luck finding them at a store, as most of them are washed. You want to find ones that look like they have "dust", or a powder on them, these are the unwashed ones. Your best bet is to order them online, and start with the lowest possible dose, if you have good seeds, they will kick your ass. Good luck, be safe.

- Hopeless Soul

Just be warned, man - this stuff is every bit as addictive as other opiates.
There are many reports that say it is harder to detox from than things like heroin.

You are young and living with your parents - if you consider how much effort it will be to try this once (sneaking around, etc).
Then think about having to do that every day - just to prevent sickness from withdrawal.

Then think about trying to hide withdrawals from your folks - the sweating, shaking and involuntary movements. Or worse still, how they would cope with an accident like an overdose (yes, you can OD on seed tea) occurring.

Honestly, once you develop a taste for opiates, it isn't something you can un-learn.
Poppy seed tea might seem harmless, but it is playing with fire, my friend.
Just be don't get too excited about the prospect of opiates. When they stop being fun they can become the absolute opposite - a total nightmare. Be careful...

this. plus I can't think of a more expensive way to maintain an opiate habit.

I have to agree with spacejunk as well.

One thing to bare in mind is that you are young. Your reward center of your brain is developed, but your executive decision making center of your brain is not completely developed till your mid twenties. What this means is that it is easier for you to develop a habit much quicker than someone a decade older. The fact you are so excited about experiencing this high again after a near OD on hydrocodone says to me that your brain already really enjoys that feeling. Opiate addiction is insidious in the sense that it creeps up on you. The first time you are dopesick it is very mild, maybe feeling just like a cold, and it happens very quickly. Dopesickness gets harder and more intense as using progresses.

I say this not to say "opiates are bad, don't do them cos you will become an addict", rather I say them to educate you. Just be wary when doing this that you keep an eye out for obsessive thinking about the high, and placing the high above your normal life. That is the first stage of opiate addiction, and the addiction leads to dependence.

this. plus I can't think of a more expensive way to maintain an opiate habit.

depends. the seeds i get are dirt cheap and really strong. i don't think "price discussion" is allowed even though in this instance is irrelovant, but one pound is cheaper then the amount of fingers on one hand.

Dammit. This is the last substance some people have for pain management now that the government is cracking down. I know this is about harm reduction but posts like this is why this stuff is going to be regulated eventually. All the information you need is right there with a google search you don't have to advertise it.

Dammit. This is the last substance some people have for pain management now that the government is cracking down. I know this is about harm reduction but posts like this is why this stuff is going to be regulated eventually. All the information you need is right there with a google search you don't have to advertise it.
Well we might as well shut down BL, 'cause all the info is on Google..

- SS373dOH Soul

I've had quite a few opiates, both IV and PO. TBH, if I have a supply of pills for example, I end up hitting them every day even after resolving to just use every now and again. Still, I've never been to the point of "needing" them if I don't have them. That said, I'd love to have an easy, legit source for an opiate high. The thing is, PST scares the hell out of me because even though my tolerance in the past has been as high as dosing 60mg hydro in one shot, there's no way to guarantee the dose that's going to end up in that cup.