• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea is legitimate - How to make it work for you.

Tea seems benign but has claimed lives, even (at least) one special BL'er, so I think the 'titrate your first cups to gauge strength' is a sound idea. I know pod tea with fresh green pods packed a real wallop with 1/2 my planned dose, as I didn't account for the variability between pods and I'd imagine the same could be said for different batches of seeds.

Tea seems benign but has claimed lives, even (at least) one special BL'er, so I think the 'titrate your first cups to gauge strength' is a sound idea. I know pod tea with fresh green pods packed a real wallop with 1/2 my planned dose, as I didn't account for the variability between pods and I'd imagine the same could be said for different batches of seeds.

Yes, that's why you have to be very careful and start with a low dose when you're trying different brands of seeds.

When I first got started with seeds, it was a weaker brand. Then I tried a different brand and used the same dose as the first brand I tried, big mistake. This one turned out to be a much stronger brand and made stronger tea. I kept getting higher and higher as the night passed, my whole body felt like it was about to shut down. I paced back and forth in my house all night and threw cold water on my face, anything to try to keep my heart going. I didn't dare lie down and nod off. I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. I kept praying all night and didn't start to feel a lil' better until midnight. Nightmare.

So yeah, certain brands pack more of a punch. It's always best to start as low as possible.

It's not an exact science. You might not know how strong it really is until it's too late. Even moderate doses can be lethal.

I just know for me, it's better left alone and not even worth it becoming a habit. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Where do you see me recommending it? I think poppy seed tea is a dirty and potentially dangerous high, vastly inferior to smoked opium. I don't recommend people take opiate period but if you must use I would recommend smoked opium or hydrocodone pills.

What I am saying is that consuming it slowly vastly reduces your risk of overdosing. If you drink it slowly and pay attention to how you're feeling you WILL know how strong it is before it's too late, unless you're just careless or you are aiming for some heavy nod which is dangerous even with an opiate where you know the strength.

The fact is you're not gonna overdose if you just slowly sip the tea and wait to feel effects. Overdoses usually happen because people get used to the seeds being within a certain range of potency, and then suddenly they get a batch that is much stronger.

If you are so scared of overdosing you could dilute the tea to make it more difficult to drink, so even a very strong tea would still require you to drink a large volume of liquid. Of course that would ruin your ability to get high if the seeds were weak but again my point is that there are ways to not over dose on this stuff if you're willing to take precautions. Some people either aren't willing to take precautions or don't think they are necessary. That's why overdoses happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear ya'. It's definitely a dirty high, not to mention it tastes God awful. I got to the point where I hate nodding. It's just a waste of time.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting in BL. I am someone Who is in pain every day, and I am currently seeking a way to alleviate it anyway possible . I just recently started using PST as a way to get rid of my aches. I?ve been experimenting with different seeds from different companies, and so far I haven?t been able to find any company that works very strongly. My last order of seeds came from the company that, was referred to by that guy that does reviews about unwashed poppy seeds on u tube. ( I assume you guys know who I?m talking about.)
Anyway, I?m wondering if maybe all the companies are removing the oils from the seeds now, due to this country going thru a gosh damn opioid purge.
I know we?re not supposed to mention specific brands, but I really really need to find some seeds that will work for me without spending an arm and a leg. This disease has taken almost everything from me, including my life, and I must find something that will work before things get 2 crazy 4 me.

����

Last edited by a moderator:
^ First of all, welcome to Bluelight :)

I'm sorry but we can't help you getting the right brand as it's against the rules :/

Have you looked into kratom? Imo this might be a better option as the active ingredients don't vary as much and overdose potential is way lower.

^ Yes, kratom is way better than PST. As far as not being as dangerous and being able to actually control the dose.

The government alerted certain sites about people using poppy seeds for the opiate effect. Many places have gotten rid of them because of that or made sure the seeds are washed.

Thanks Kiffer!!

I?ve been using Kratom for a while, but it?s nowhere as strong as I need.

Without breaking the rules here, (Let me know if I am) If anyone is familiar with the website I tried to mention above but had it deleted by a mod for breaking the rules, I ordered his #1 brand and had no luck with it. I?m thinking of ordering his #2 brand, but curious if anyone has had any luck with them, or any other brand of seeds.
I just don?t want to waste $$ on something that might not do anything.

I also think that maybe all of the companies are removing the oils from the seeds due to our stupid government being dumb with opioids.

����

For my part PST helped me when I had to cold turkey off oxy. I now have codeine and DHC which I'm using to taper instead, but for a few days while I was waiting to get my hands on the pills I had no choice except those seeds, and they helped me through an oxy rattle.

The posts about variance in strength are good points and it's certainly a good idea to sip it slowly so you get an idea of the strength of each batch.

FYI, there are plenty of poppy seed tea threads floating around, for future notice.

Hey everyone,

Before I start, I know that I am most likely going to get flamed for this. I want to make it clear that I am only posting this as I feel it will help some people out, particularly those who use opiods. Also, seeing as this is a harm reduction forum, I feel obligated to share my experience with how PST completely destroyed my weekly drug test results.

Here is the procedure I use to make the tea (I had quite the tolerance to heroin, dilaudid, etc via IV use just prior to this, and it still got me high for pretty much a full day and - at times - into the next one):

1. Buy Seeds - This will obviously depend on your tolerance. I had a moderate opiate tolerance, and got pretty nicely fuzzed out on about 2 pounds of ppppy seed. In Canada, this costs about <No price discussion>. The key here is to get seeds that have a strong poppy seed stench. I have found that - in canada - the absolute two best places to get seeds are <No sourcing> Buyer beware however, poppy seeds vary GREATLY in their viability for the purpose outlined in this thread, and you could either get no effects, or possibly even die of an overdose!

2. Shake Seeds in Water - I usually use enough water as to slightly suspend the seeds. A good indicator here is to slowly rock the container back and forth; If the seeds appear to be floating on the top and there are no solid chunks sitting there inanimately, then your good to go. I have found that using cold water works the best. This part of the procedure can take an unnecessarily long time if you do not use a big enough container as to soak all the seeds in one go. I have found that the best containers for containing the seeds are recycled empty protein powder jugs; Big enough to do all the seeds at once, and they give the seedy solution optimal space to shake around and forcefully hit the inside walls. You really only need to shake the container for a few minutes, but make those minutes count.

***I have also found that adding freshly squeezed lemon juice (not a ton; maybe a good few drops) does indeed aid somehow in getting you higher in the end. I do not know why this is, but I always squeeze a lemon over my labor of love, and it has consistently proven to increase effects relative to the tea without...

3. Strain the Solution and Drink - Finally, it is time to strain your tea. My favorite method for accomplishing this can be performed with a big bowl, a grocery bag, and a pin. First, dump the seeds and liquid into the bag. Once your Bag 'O Seeds is full and sitting in the big bowl, slowly lift it up over the bowl and poke a bunch of wholes into the bottom. You can squeeze the bag in this step to speed the process along. Once you finish one squeeze (and all the air has left the bag), open the top up, trap some more air in there, and squeeze again. The air helps force the liquid out that is trapped in the bag with the seeds. Once you cannot see a dark indicator of a water level through the material of the bag, you are finished.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 - It is a complete waste to toss the seeds after your first rinse. Although each subsequent rinse after the first will produce diminishing returns, I have found that it is in your best interest to at least perform a second rinse. If you find that your seeds are very strong (or you have a ton), live on the wild side and squeeze a third one in there for good measure.

The liquid left behind from this procedure can now be consumed to produce a long-lasting (up to a full day with some people) relaxing high. As stated at the end of step one, there is no quality control with PST, so you MUST drink slow and gauge your physical response as you go. This can be difficult because the tea can take hours sometimes to peak in effects. Just remember, better safe then dead and incapable of even being sorry. Two rules of thumb I use to guesstimate the potency of my tea are its opacity, color, and taste. A strong tea should look anywhere from pale yellow to hopefully more of a dark-yellowish brown, let hardly any light pass through it, and taste noticeably bitter from the alkaloid content.

Some anecdotal evidence that Poppy Seed Tea not only works, but is fairly strong:
I recently ended a five month long stint on Oxycontin, heroin, and hydromorphone. Since I made the decision to retire my use, I enrolled myself in a drug addiction counselling program located in Toronto. For part of this program, we are required to submit a urine sample as proof that we are indeed drug free. <No drug testing>

Well, that is it. If you ever find yourself in a tight spot for narcotics, give this a try... I really don't think you will be disappointed! <3

Do you know if using a bottle is necessary or could I just stir it in a cup? I imagine a cup would be better no sticky surfaces if you stir slowly

Ok guys i did it and i felt it instantly had 2 sips couldn't help myself I LIKED the taste but my was not dark brown just clear water but the taste is their oooOOOO boys its starting to kick in Im so happy.

This is just a friendly reminder for everyone that asking for sources/posting links to sources or third paries that list sources is against the rules

For anyone considering the purchase of poppy seeds for tea, the difference between sources and potency can be anywhere from very low morphine/codeine levels to overdose levels depending on the source. The following forensic study shows graphs on page 6 of the difference between 21 different seed samples. The graph will clearly show how incredibly dangerous the deviations are ranging between 100 to 2900 mg/kg. In other words one batch could 29 times stronger than the last with no way to know. Here is the study site: https://www.oregonpainguidance.org/w...ces.pdf?x91687