• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy Seed Tea.....Is it worth it?

Ginger Jack

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight,
I've been studying up one making poppy seed tea and I've come to find from many people that it's not worth the trouble cause its not that great and doesnt work like everyone thinks.
I know the whole procedure on how to do it and I've been told you need about 300mg of poppies for one person.
Has anyone done poppy seed tea before? Is it worth my while?:(

of course not. its illegal. why would you do something illegal?

pst is....maybe worth it?

SWIM drank 1lb of seed washed with bottled water and a splash of vinegar.

but the seeds sucked. otherwise SWIM has told me 2-3 oz is more than enough. it all depends on the seed.

SWIM told me of a expensive store brand that works fucking great! but its like $8 for a small bottle. so it takes about $24 to get to nodding. so thats no great savings.

SWIM can tell you one thing NOT to get, is seeds from the Rose in the mountain store. they are washed and it takes AT LEAST 1 lb to get any effect. the other products they have are good though.

It's decent cheap and easy as fuck to get into! Now a days I wouldn't touch it unless I was shittin piss dope sick as fuck LOL!!!!! but when my tolerance was low, it was O.K. deffinatley a body buzz, but better than nothing.

That right^^^^
Whats the closest high you could relate it two, you know, intesity wise.

I disagree with the previous posters, PST is the shit!

when i had no tolerance, 600g had me nodding balls for most of the day (your seeds might differ though)

It's the cheapest and best OTC opiate high out there IMO, although i do get it in bulk which makes it quite cheap. I would compare it to a very high (100mg+) morphine high, but lasts ~6hrs (of actual fuckedness, you will feel nice for the rest of the day)

The most important thing is the preparation and luckily, it's also quite easy.

1. funnel the seeds into a 1.5L+ coke bottle. Fill it to 3/4 before starting a new bottle otherwise too much and it gets a bit hard to shake it. (about 700g per 1.5L bottle

2. Fill the bottle with COLD tap water until you have submerged the seeds + 3cm more on top.

3. shake the bottle for ~1min

4. leave it lying horizontally on the floor for 2min so that all the seeds are covered.

5. shake it a bit again and then leave it soaking for a further 2min. (dont let it soak for more than 10mins. A lot of people soak the seeds for too long which reduces yield.)

6. slightly unscrew the cap and squeeze the bottle so that the liquid comes out and the seeds dont.

7. drink and chase with choc milk.

You could also add lemon juice/citric acid to the seeds which will help increase yield, but then your tea will taste bitter AND sour.

Have fun and be careful, poppy withdrawal SUCKS :(

the best method for this is to soak a pound or two in tonic water, as the quinine potentates the codiene and changes even more into morphine. heating, chilling, is all unnessesary.

just leave seeds in tonic water, then after an hour, strain.

after it is all drunk, adding more tonic water for subsequent extractions can be done, but only if you are REALLY that desparate.

I've done it. heh.

It's worth it if it's your last resort, if your broke, etc etc, other then that, not really. it's ok i guess, sometimes great, but mostly constipates you like nothing else.

Can anyone verify this tonic water method? I know the quinines work if you drink the stuff, but does it make a difference to the change to morphine outside the body?

^ agree

PST is one of those things you just have to try and see if you like it. it's cheap, easy and the seeds are everywhere but imo it's not worth the little effort and money spent.

the_ketaman said:
Can anyone verify this tonic water method? I know the quinines work if you drink the stuff, but does it make a difference to the change to morphine outside the body?

no it won't make a difference to the codeine, as quinine inhibits your enzyme in the liver CYP3A4, which converts codeine into inactive metabolites. If you inhibit/stop this enzyme from working, theoretically more will be converted into morphine via CYP2D6 etc etc

can b pretty hit n miss, i can say that recent efforts have paid off am comftorblay chillin back now after tonights lot. shit taste terrible by itsself, dont forget ur lemon juice:)

yeah, i just use tonic water because i am an idiot and don't know what i am doing.

sorry, ignore me. i am teh dumb.

try ti with tap wawa and then with tonic wawa and choose for yoselfs.

I'd say it compares to Oral morphine/codiene, Although it has a slight more rustic feel than say just taking morphine/codiene pills.

Ginger Jack said:
who the hell is SWIM?
s- someone
w-who
i-isnt
m-me

or alternatively it can be

"someone who i met"

get a pound of seeds at the cheapest place (indian store) for 3-5$. use the whole pound to make a tea. boil the water to rapid thorough boil. pour the pound of seeds. turn off the heat after 10 seconds. leave there for 15 minutes. strain the seeds. drink up.

probably gonna use 4-6 cups of water. u can evaporate it, but i just drink it as is. cheap available high.

Last edited:
i did it wit 1lb in a two liter warm water shake for a bit, let soak for bout 15 got a nice glass of it downed it. Got very positive results morphine for sure still cakin off it and this is the next night also reused the seeds twice again and still feelin good not as good but a continued opiate buzz for bout 24 hours now, just downed the third soak will tell you how my nite went after work.

i read somewhere that it's easy to take too many from taking "unwashed" seeds (haven't had the opiates removed or something). Do supermarkets, etc. sell "washed" seeds, and is it a 300g/400g dosing of WASHED seeds, or unwashed!

Heck, how can you even tell which are wahsed and which aren't!?

i only needed 210 grams of seeds for a very strong high. i have moderate tolerance, i take 30-40mg hydrocodone a day but this stuff gets you absolutely blasted and lasts a good 10 hours or so. only 5 bucks too, i just hate the taste of the stuff.

Available said:
i read somewhere that it's easy to take too many from taking "unwashed" seeds (haven't had the opiates removed or something). Do supermarkets, etc. sell "washed" seeds, and is it a 300g/400g dosing of WASHED seeds, or unwashed!

Heck, how can you even tell which are wahsed and which aren't!?

i think washed seeds look purely black, while unwashed have that whitish blue tint to them.