• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea help

Brill_Strat9191

Greenlighter
Hello to all bluelighters! I am new to this site so go easy on me.

Ok so I have been wanting to try some poppy seed tea because my pharmaceuticals have run out and I cant find any around. I have read numerous threads online about the subject to find out exactly what I need. Well thanks to great luck, I found an organic store down the street that has pounds of poppy seeds for cheap. And the best is, the seeds are ORGANIC, not washed (or little washed) and have plant matter in the jar! (which is apparently a great sign than they are potent).
Now for the questions:

I have never done morphine, but I am a regular user of hydrocodone/percs etc. It takes me a good 40-50mg of hydro to get me a really good buzz. Now I have one pound of these seeds and assuming that they can be really potent, what would be the best way to make some poppy seed tea that doesn't throw me overboard? I welcome any and all methods of making it. Also, should I use the whole pound to make it, or what? just need a little help.

Thanks for your replies

Hey, welcome to the site!

I have a few thoughts about what you said. I don't think it matters whether or not the seeds are organic, or if you find bits of plant matter interspersed in the seeds. What matters is the way the seeds were collected. If the seeds were collected from dried poppy pods, they will have no morphine on them. Seeds that were collected from fresh poppy pods will have morphine because the sap from the pods oozes onto the seeds. The sap is where all of the morphine is contained.

So, only seeds harvested from fresh pods can have morphine on them. But these seeds might be washed. One way to discern washed seeds from unwashed seeds is by color. Washed seeds are light gray or blue, unwashed seeds are much darker. Without knowledge of how the seeds were harvested, all you can do is look for dark seeds and hope for the best.

Like you said, the seeds can vary in potency. If I were you I would use half a pound. Put the seeds in a plastic bottle or tupperware container, pour water over the seeds until the water level is a couple of inches above the seeds, shake the container around a bit, wait 15 minutes, strain, then drink. If the seeds are potent, the tea should taste bitter. Wait a while (like an hour) to feel the effects of the tea to see if you want to make more. If you want a stronger effect, do a second wash of the seeds and if necessary use the other half pound. Since it's your first time proceed with caution and don't drink too much!

^ definitely check that thread

I would recommend that you use poppy pods instead of poppy seeds. They may be harder to find, but they're so much better to use than seeds....like leaps and bounds better

Yea I checked out that thread and it will definitely help me with future uses. I basically did exactly what mushroompizza told me and it worked out great. Started with a half pound and made the tea. Then just chilled and took controlled "gulps" and within an hour I was feeling great! then tried the other half pound and just slammed all the drink because I thought it would be fine (the first half got me feeling good, just not good enough). But then I spewed all over the place in about an hour haha. I'll just stick with going slow from now on ;)