• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy Seed Sickness

barkerbob5

Greenlighter
My friend recently found a nice source of seeds thats cheap and reliable. Another friend of mine tried about 22 ounces of seeds (volume) and it literally made him fall on his face. He was doped up for a good 10 hours at least.

My friend with the source tried the seeds, but did 44 ounces because he thinks he has a tolerance (doubtful). He was high when he drank it and didnt do it all at once. His method was 2 washes with 1L of hot water (about 5 minutes of shaking and then filtered for the first one, and about 3 minutes for the second one, the whole time elapsing about 30 minutes), not boiling. The end result was 1.2 Liters of fluid that looked like iced tea. The first bottle tasted bitter, but the second one really didnt.

Anyway, before smoking he sipped the first bottle and finished it after smoking. He couldnt really tell if it was just the weed but it felt orgasmic, or so he claims. Later, about an hour or two, he drank the second bottle, finishing at about 10PM. He went to bed at 1, still disoriented and fell asleep to a nice, slight body buzz.

The next day was brutal for him though. He called me later and told me that he puked 3 times. He woke up at 12 and nodded in and out of sleep till about 1:30 when he tried doing work on the computer. He realized he was nauseous and threw up soon after. Then , he lay down and it went away. Any time he tried to get up he became nauseous. He also tried to eat and drink a little to get some into his empty stomach and got nauseous.

Note that this was his first experience with the tea, not with opiates.

My question is: Why was he so sick the next day? Was it the hot water? Or what? Thanks for responses in advance.

He was still high the next day thats why! This stuff lasts forever especially if you don't have a tolerance.

I took a six month hiatus once and when I found potent seed once again I washed half a pound as was my usual dose, I dosed at 10 pm at night and after a full nights sleep I was nodding at the breakfast table in the morning next to my cup of coffee. Took til around noon to where I didn't feel it anymore at all.

Some people get nausea from opiates, and especially when consuming poppy products. Just happens and I'm willing to bet this tea was stronger then any opiates your friend has done before.

Please next time only wash a half pound especially if you're new to opiates.

Yeah it sounds like he was still doped up, poppy seed tea does last a LONG time and the psychoactive drugs on the seeds have a long half-life.

The second time I tried poppy pod tea I overestimated the dosage. I felt fine right before going to bed: I was even able to eat half a peanut butter sandwich to settle my stomach. I awoke to find myself high as a kite. The next eight hours at work were... entertaining. Fortunately it was a holiday and there weren't a lot of people in the office to notice that I was pin-eyed, pale, scratching myself repeatedly, and falling asleep at my desk when I wasn't rushing to the toilet to vomit. Even so, it wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat.

I've heard horror stories of two week detox, just from tea?

I can't see how it's really worth it. I guess you do. That's what counts!

It sounds like you've learned to respect dosages. Less is so much more sometimes!

center said:
I've heard horror stories of two week detox, just from tea?

I can't see how it's really worth it. I guess you do. That's what counts!

It sounds like you've learned to respect dosages. Less is so much more sometimes!

I've also heard that, and it wouldn't surprise me. If my experiences are any indication, PPT has a really long half-life, so I'd expect a correspondingly long withdrawal.

I also never take PPT more than one or two weekends a month. (You can thank that long half-life for that: there's no way I can be opiated at work on a regular basis). And the doses I use are pretty small: 5-7g of pod will make me pleasantly warm and fuzzy, while 10-15g will have me nodding like a wobblehead doll. I'm quite OK with this, and hope to hold on to my miniscule opiate tolerance for as long as I can.

I've never done the tea, it just wouldn't seem cost effective to your body to have such long withdrawals/after effects for such a short high.

ie; mdma.

44 ounces, holy shit
300 grams is the recommended
I'm surprised he lived
I prefer smoked opium myself though.

Most people in this community tend to increase their 'recommended' dosage ten fold. It's pretty common!

center said:
I've never done the tea, it just wouldn't seem cost effective to your body to have such long withdrawals/after effects for such a short high.

ie; mdma.

I enjoyed my first few MDMA experiences, but after a while the 2.5 hours of mild enjoyment weren't worth the 3 days of suicidal depression. (It doesn't help that I live in NYC, where the X is notoriously shitty). I figure that I learned everything I needed to know from MDMA: any further use is just wasting time and neurons.

As for the withdrawals: a little common sense will go a long way. I suspect many of the folks who get hooked on tea were thinking "it's only tea -- how addictive can it be." The correct answer, of course, is "every bit as addictive as any other form of oral morphine" -- but a lot of folks miss that distinction.

Of course, I also remember an otherwise brilliant friend of mine who somehow concluded that snorting and smoking heroin wouldn't result in physical dependence. (As you may guess, he found out otherwise). Recreational drugs can lead to some really incredible intellectual gymnastics.

Kenaz said:
I enjoyed my first few MDMA experiences, but after a while the 2.5 hours of mild enjoyment weren't worth the 3 days of suicidal depression. (It doesn't help that I live in NYC, where the X is notoriously shitty). I figure that I learned everything I needed to know from MDMA: any further use is just wasting time and neurons.

As for the withdrawals: a little common sense will go a long way. I suspect many of the folks who get hooked on tea were thinking "it's only tea -- how addictive can it be." The correct answer, of course, is "every bit as addictive as any other form of oral morphine" -- but a lot of folks miss that distinction.

Of course, I also remember an otherwise brilliant friend of mine who somehow concluded that snorting and smoking heroin wouldn't result in physical dependence. (As you may guess, he found out otherwise). Recreational drugs can lead to some really incredible intellectual gymnastics.

I feel the same way about E now
its not worth it
however since I got 3 free E I might make an exception this weekend.

Well. As long as you didn't pay money to feel like utter fucking shit, it's all the better.

E taught me nothing. It taught me that it was a useless and non practical drug for any situation.

OP, after taking too much PPT on one or two occasions, I've found that the sickness I got was by far longer lasting then any other opiate I've tried. One time I stayed utterly sick for up to 24 hours after the initial dose. Just tell your friend to be careful, it sounds like your friend had a minor OD.

Thanks for the (on topic) responses, just as a side note that 44 oz is in FLUID OUNCES, so its not 1.3 kilograms of seed... If someone had the density of poppy seeds they could figure out how many grams it was but think of it as about 2/3 of a 2 liter bottle full of seeds. I guess approx a pound + a bit?

there are several other active alkaloids in poppies that contribute -- papaverine might be one. they cause nausea but no high. I think tolerance is actually gained to them quickly if you use regularly. i got really sick and i got this twitchy stiff neck feeling my first time but if i use once a week or more i the high is significantly enhanced. only if i wait a month or more do the shitty effects surface again. If you use more than once a month they should be attenuated. Also, hot water is worse - it extracts more crappy plant matter like waxes and oils. Morphine is very soluble in cold water. Like, 60mg/ml. If you grind the pods first into powder, then submerge in cold water for 24 hours, this is the most efficient extraction method.

Thanks alot ^^. It makes sense because i remember him complaining about a stiff neck but he didn't associate it with the tea. Really interesting stuff.

Isn't it truly amazing what you can learn in life? I've learned a few things that I really enjoy.

Barker, just remember to rub his neck next time! It feels really awesome!