• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy powder extraction - Can it be smoked?

I think morphine is significantly more resistant to heat than the other alkaloids so some controlled heating could take care of this issue.

There is not enough thebaine to have a significant effect in and of itself in any opiate extract.

Describe what this “jacked up” feels like?

Jay - wired...kind of anxious...can't sit still...definitely not tired or going to sleep, not noddy, content, or morphinish feeling at all other than being pinned and itching - keep in mind this example was not from smoking extract, but ingesting pst. i have never smoked an extract.

BingeBoy - You could be right about the heat as I am not sure what the degradation point of thebaine is but morphine is 160F i think

i found this on ice extraction also in case anyone is interested...

iceolated smokeables

fresh pods were freezed, then ground in a blender, with 3 volume equivalents of cold water,
and allowed to stand for 1 hour.
The resulting goo was stirred, then sifted crudely, to retain the biggest pieces.
The filtrate was allowed to stand for 1 hour at room temperature, after which the fairly clear,
light brown top layer was decanted into a bottle, which was not to be filled completely.
The filter residue was extracted again with water, fractions were combined.
The closed bottle was kept still, in a freezer at -5 centigrade until 2/3 of the solution was frozen.
The freezing solution was filtrated, after which the ice was discarded.
The filtrate was put back in the bottle, and the freezing procedure was repeated.
The resulting brown solution was allowed to evaporate on a hot water bath,
yielding a brittle brown substance which was potent and tasteful enough to smoke pleasurably.

Hypothesis of the success of the procedure:

The active ingredient, morphine maleate, is highly soluble, even in cold water.
Acid or base addition is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible decomposition of the maleate salt,
into possibly less soluble constituents.

Heating is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible degradation of saccharides and peptides (inflicted effect explained below),
and additional dissolving other unwanted materials, like lipids.

The crystallization of water in the solution forces other molecules than water out of the matrix.
Small molecules, like morphine maleate move easily to stay in the liquid phase.
Large molecules, like (poly)saccharides and (poly)peptides can not move easily enough, and are included in the ice.
An additional effect may be that plant saccharides have a high affinity to water.
So, may be, small saccharides are included in the ice as well.

The freezing therefore accomplishes a separation between alkaloids and "nutritional" materials.
This statement is confirmed by direct evaporation of cold water extract.

It is important not to break the ice crystals during formation, because cavities will form, enclosing active ingredients.
This is experimentally confirmed.

Additional note:
The extraction can be accomplished from dried pods also, however, a third extraction step is required,
and more time to allow for dissolving.

Last edited:
^
Its sounds like a solid enough piece of chem. Its seems to work on the same general premise as CWE. In that opiate alkaloids dissolve in cold water while unwanted substances dont.
I would take the opium powder and dissolve into warm water, then add calcium hydroxide to form a calcium morphinate (i think) solution will contain a bit of codeine as well but not the thebaine.
After filtering the solution and disposing of the solids, take the solution reheat and add ammonium chloride until the solution is base and as it cools the morphine and codeine will precipitate out of the solution.
After drying, add hydrochloric acid (diluted) and filter though activated charcoal until happy with the purity.
That really is all the info im comfortable sharing, i dont want to get in trouble.lol

There is not enough thebaine to have a significant effect in and of itself in any opiate extract.

Describe what this “jacked up” feels like?
Actually PST can contain a much larger larger percentage of Thebaine than regular PT/opium. This does get metabolized to more active substances but poor metabolizers ar prone to adverse effects : dilated pupils , anxiety , sweating.

https://www.medify.com/insights/art...e-for-the-detection-of-poppy-seed-consumption

Last edited:
I see...

That means essentually there is nothing easy he can do...

Poppy seed tea is not worth it in my opinion, it is not as economical as poppy pods.

Plus, all this thebaine will make it worthless to concentrate, you’ll just feel worse.

That sucks. Seeds just happened to be easily there moreso than pods for most people, but obviously pods would be much more ideal. Someone mentioned adding sodium bicarbonate which I also read somewhere else. Wouldn't this remove most of the thebaine? Also, with the ice-o-lation tech...would you need to vape/chase the final product or could you actually use a flame to smoke it? I think you need to chase real opium don't you?

The ammonia precipitate would need to be vaped as well. I am not sure about smoking, but maybe a smokeable product would be better to try to get from tea even though it is a waste just to avoid the massive stim/anxiety from the thebaine. I agree it is a ton of work for the small yield seeds would give even with a good amount of them.

As i said in my earlier post, i think calcium hydroxide will isolate the morphine without carrying over the thebaine or at least thats what the literature is saying.lol

As i said in my earlier post, i think calcium hydroxide will isolate the morphine without carrying over the thebaine or at least thats what the literature is saying.lol

This is for extraction from pods.

Seeds are still not good for this as there is just not enough morphine to come through when you have a remarkable enough tolerance.

Pods are the way to go.

I understand you would have to use amounts of seeds that would be very difficult to work with and possibly unrealistic but the chemistry in princible should be the same, right?

Yes I think the morphine on the seeds is still morphine + plant acid (maleate?). Also the thing with pst is that if you actually get an unwashed brand it can be very potent , so it's not weak per definition.

Bingo! maleate sounds right.lol
Im lucky enough to live in england where pods are plentiful but i always used to throw the seeds in aswell. Mainly because shaking them out is a time consuming, messy ballache.
Agree completely about the varying potencies, people forget that with plant materials potencies vary from batch to batch, sometimes by quite extreme amounts.

Yes unfortunately the seeds inside the pods have no alkaloids on them, it's probably some step of the machinal treatment that coats them with latex /alkaloids.

Hi bunge-

Can you help me out with the the quantity of calcium hydroxide that should be added to the filtered opium solution? Is there a proportional rule or relationship to guide one in the process? Thank you in advance for any help or advice you may choose to share.

Help & Health,
C

I want to know how much calcium hydroxide to put in too . let's say to 60g of poppy with a large cup of water. my purpose is to remove the thebaine and those stimulating stuff in the drink.

unless your a qualified chemist i would stick to pod tea, n use promethazine to dull down the nasty jacked up feeling. works for me

I don't think they sell "promethazine" in the USA without a prescription. What would be an alternative ? Wouldn't one want an antihistamine to counter the itch (codeine), counter the "jacked-up" feeling (thebaine), etc. Would Benadryl work ? What would counter nausea ?