• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy powder extraction - Can it be smoked?

ShaunG

Bluelighter
I realize that most people will say they would eat it, but lets say you vaped a nice warm/hot water and lemon juice poppy seed morphine extraction and are left with a bunch of brown powder, can it be refined any further other than doing another water extraction?

Also, is there anything that you can do to it so it can be smoked/vaped in any way?

Last edited:
Is there any way to isolate the morphine or remove the crappy alkaloids? Sometimes tea makes me feel jacked up for some reason. I think its from some of the other crappy alkaloids and the ratio to the good ones. Pupils get pinned for about 18 hours though. Def no WDs.

Last edited:
I have no experience with your specific question, but I am positive that smoking any opiate is a complete waste of the drug.

I have no experience with your specific question, but I am positive that smoking any opiate is a complete waste of the drug.

Not if he freebases them...

That will lead to a fully smokable opiate extract.

Ya but you can't just smoke the extract as is. I am sure there is something thy needs to be done. It would okay to eat it too but would like to refine more if possible.

Not all opiates are no good smoked larc...what about actual opium, BTH, and #3.

Anyways...just looking for options...

Is there any way to isolate the morphine or remove the crappy alkaloids? Sometimes tea makes me feel jacked up for some reason. I think its from some of the other crappy alkaloids and the ratio to the good ones. Pupils get pinned for about 18 hours though. Def no WDs.
Thebaine is a likely suspect , I'm not sure if it breaks down easier than morphine upon heating though.

Also I think a smokeable extract is a lot easier with PST than PT due to the relatively low amount of vegetal fats. However you should change your extraction technique; I would recommend the freezing tek which has been extensively described on other more poppy related message boards.

The bioavailability will still not come close to oral.

It indeed will be better than oral. He can effectively use less as well...

And if you freebase all the opiates out of solution, you will have a fully smokable extract...

So, you basically have two options, swallow the right dose, or learn to freebase opiates.

if you simply evaporate the water from the tea you are left with a 'pancake' at the bottom of the pan. It does not seperate into powder. The best you can do is roll it into little balls of concentrated extract. These are unsmokable, they just burn ! That is to say using the most basic of techniques wont yield a smokable product.

Last edited:
Thebaine is a likely suspect , I'm not sure if it breaks down easier than morphine upon heating though.

Also I think a smokeable extract is a lot easier with PST than PT due to the relatively low amount of vegetal fats. However you should change your extraction technique; I would recommend the freezing tek which has been extensively described on other more poppy related message boards.

I agree about the thebaine. I wish there was a way to remove it. I am guessing that there is more thebaine than morphine or too much thebaine cuz you definitely feel jacked up pretty good, but are pinned for 18 hours...not sure if thebaine can do the pinning as well? I read a little about the freezer tech on this forum but someone said it would ruin the solution.

It indeed will be better than oral. He can effectively use less as well...

And if you freebase all the opiates out of solution, you will have a fully smokable extract...

So, you basically have two options, swallow the right dose, or learn to freebase opiates.

I am not familiar with freebasing. I know how you smoke it on tinfoil, but I am guessing you mean some kind of a freebase extraction. Care to elaborate what exactly you mean?

if you simply evaporate the wayer from the tea you are left with a 'pancake' at the bottom of the pan. It does not seperate into powder. The best you can do is roll it into little balls of concentrated extract. These are unsmokable, they just burn ! That to say using the most basic of techniques wont yield a smokable product.

Yes, you are correct. You are left with a pancake that can be chopped into powder very easily if you dried it good enough. I realize this likely can't be smoked, but can you do anything to break it down or prepare it to be smoked OR can you refine it any further to remove unwanted alkaloids like thebaine or other impurities?

Yes, you are correct. You are left with a pancake that can be chopped into powder very easily if you dried it good enough. I realize this likely can't be smoked, but can you do anything to break it down or prepare it to be smoked OR can you refine it any further to remove unwanted alkaloids like thebaine or other impurities?

Yes, according to the book "opium for the masses" you can do just about everything with poppies including making heroin, if you know how.......i think theres a hell of a lot of processing and chemicals involved. In the book there's chapters with step by step guides on all the things you can do: how to get raw opium, how to convert it to morphine and heroin etc, how to prepare it for smoking.

I havent got any kind of even basic grounding in chemistry though (was my worst subject at school, but im very interested in it now !) which i think you need to follow this book. Its not an easy subject to self teach either unless you are a fuckin genius......I fall halfway between average and genius IQ (fairly bright in other words) but i reckon you need to have an IQ well over 140 to do undestand all this stuff.

The book is over my head without foundational knowledge...

im gonna be doing courses to become a drugs worker otherwise i might be looking into chemistry/pharmacology courses !!

Last edited:
Ya, I know there are lots of things that can be done with chems...just not sure what. Also, there are some "homegrown" methods as the freezer tech someone described above to yield a smokable product, but that won't work with pst extract....i am sure you need good fresh pods to get a decent yield.

Thebaine is really a turn off with the PST so removing it or isolating the morphine would be best for consumption. Looking online on how to remove the thebaine resulted in nothing so figured someone might know something here. I guess there is no point on trying to get a product that can be smoked without fresh pods. Back up plan would be to remove thebaine and as many other impurities as possible.

try ebay or amazon for the book i mentioned - it tells you how to do it in there. You might 'get it', where i didnt

What you need to google is "isolating morphine from opium".
Although you might need to search for "refining raw opium" first, as what you have will probably be closer to raw opium then smokable opium extract.
Chemistry-wise it not alot more taxing on the brain then extracting DMT from plant sources but it does require more dangerous solvents so it would be risky for a beginner.
You would also would an accurate milligram scale to weigh the doses of final product because the amount of morphine in opium can vary alot.
I cant really give you anymore detailed information then that because i fear i might be straying into the realms of providing a chemical synthesis, which is disallowed on BL and even if it was allowed im not sure i'd want your possible third degree burns on my conscience.
But i will offer you good luck with your

Yes, according to the book "opium for the masses" you can do just about everything with poppies including making heroin, if you know how.......i think theres a hell of a lot of processing and chemicals involved. In the book there's chapters with step by step guides on all the things you can do: how to get raw opium, how to convert it to morphine and heroin etc, how to prepare it for smoking.

I havent got any kind of even basic grounding in chemistry though (was my worst subject at school, but im very interested in it now !) which i think you need to follow this book. Its not an easy subject to self teach either unless you are a fuckin genius......I fall halfway between average and genius IQ (fairly bright in other words) but i reckon you need to have an IQ well over 140 to do undestand all this stuff.

The book is over my head without foundational knowledge...

im gonna be doing courses to become a drugs worker otherwise i might be looking into chemistry/pharmacology courses !!
Heroin synthesis is not something requiring a 140+ I.Q.
To do it safely, however, it's better to be more intelligent.

Woooooooooooooo

Everyone slow down...

It is nice and simple. It’s easier for a big batch than a small one.

Opiate extract, Ace hardware 10% janitorial ammonia (any ammonia that is clear, no surfactants, if it retains bubbles, you cannot use it.), coffee filters(yes more than one), three large mason jars, ph strips and or tester...

1. use one jar to extract the opiates as usual. (try not to use a ridiculous amount of water.)

2. Repeat step one in another mason jar.

3.combine both extracts in one jar through a filter. (this gets rid of most plant matter, most of the oils too...)
skim as much oils off the top as possible, you solution should still be warm at this point.

4. clean the first two jars... throw away the pod mash,seeds...

5. test the ph of your solution (so you know how far you need to go. Don’t want to go just dumping ammonia in.)

6. with a dropper and a stirring device... drop ammonia in a drop at a time... Keep getting pH readings.

7. once you hit 9ish, stop adding ammonia, close the top and give it a little twirl or shake to finish off the reaction.... let it settle. It should be a solid white-ish layer at the bottom of the jar. (that’s your goodies)

8. with a clean jar filter off all the water.

9. use the other clean jar to hold the filter and put it in or over something nice and warm... Sun, lamp, warm plate....

Make sure you completely dry it out... It should no longer smell of ammonia... please scape your filter...

This is as potent as you can put it together at home without getting too risky.

You still have all of the opiates you would otherwise ingest. Just a lot more smokable.

This works with various opiates, as long as they are freebase-able... You can smoke tons of things this way.

Do your homework on some drugs as in the purely synthetic ones, as they might break down into toxins. (Just in case you go that route.)

^^nice post...can you ingest this product too? do you do anything at the end to get rid of the ammonia? you would think this is not something you would want on your product but then again i am no chemist lol

You might still be left with thebaine in the final result though.
Although the ammonia will exact the alkaloids, the morphine wont be isolated.