• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Pod Tea..... Can you use white grapefruit juice in a Poppy Tea brew

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Just had an idea, not sure if it's a good one or not though!!

As its best to add lemon or line juice etc when making poppy pod tea, as white grapefruit is a great potentiator and also citric, as lemon etc are. What would happen if you used fresh white grapefruit instead? Or as well as lemon.

Would love to know if anyone has tried this or if it wouldn't work for some reason I'm scientifically inept at that means not a good idea.

Thanks people, have a good weekend

Cheers that's what I was thinking and considering fresh white grapefruit juice is the best, or one of the best potentiators. I'll have to knock down how much pod goes in though, could be a great way to save the amount to help stretch out the pods and save money.

Cheers buddy

Cheers that's what I was thinking and considering fresh white grapefruit juice is the best, or one of the best potentiators. I'll have to knock down how much pod goes in though, could be a great way to save the amount to help stretch out the pods and save money.

Cheers buddy
I am unsure if the opiates in pods are metabolized by the inhibitors in grapefruit, I'd look it up but I'm at work. It does work for oxy I know.

However, in any case make sure you use fresh juice from real grapefruit. The juice you buy in store, even if it says "not from concentrate" has been pastureized which kills the chemical you want, it degrades quickly. Using real grapefruit is key.

I am unsure if the opiates in pods are metabolized by the inhibitors in grapefruit, I'd look it up but I'm at work. It does work for oxy I know.

However, in any case make sure you use fresh juice from real grapefruit. The juice you buy in store, even if it says "not from concentrate" has been pastureized which kills the chemical you want. Using real grapefruit is key.
Cheers matey,

I've had my cup already today, so I'll wait til tomorrow to try. I'm generally having 1 cup in the morning, then maybe just having 30-40mg of oramorph by late evening (which works out perfectly, as I can save loads on my 150mg daily allowance of oramorph. Get prescription once a week). Would like to have 4-5 days only morphine and the remainder using the poppy pod tea.

I'll wait til I hear back, if you can find out from a scientific perspective, that'd would be great.

Yes only buying white grapefruits and squeezing 1 out. Only got 2 grapefruit left, so need to get some more in.

Cheers my friend

This is just conjecture but i'd be cautious attempted to potentiate poppy tea. You may end up also potentiating the effects of thebaine and other undesirable components of the tea.

That being said, any fruit juice should be good for an extraction

This is just conjecture but i'd be cautious attempted to potentiate poppy tea. You may end up also potentiating the effects of thebaine and other undesirable components of the tea.

That being said, any fruit juice should be good for an extraction
True I hadn't thought of that. I might do a light mixture cutting down on the amount of pods I'm using, or just use occasionally if I decide to have just an oramorph day. Got about 150 grams of pods I'm on now, had 1kg from another place arrive today and 2 more different 1kg batches arriving next week

I'm giving a 25g go a try, I've used all the supermarkets white grapefruits in the last few weeks unfortunately.

It'll be 10.30pm by the time I get to drink, oh yh used 4 red grapefruit, all that's left 🤷‍♂️ bit of lemon and splash of water.

Hopefully works. Had a 30g of some of the best pods going this morning, using traditional method of lemon and water. Might be a bit too much pods considering bit need something. Even ground few 100g of a different bag of the main poppies I use, doubt that'll make any difference (or minimal) I'll wait and see. I haven't had pods yet that have me feel ill, no headaches/nausea etc so I'm assuming that means low thebaine levels.

I'll report back if there is, otherwise being honest I'll probably totally forget 🤷‍♂️😅

Yes it makes a massive difference, could feel it before even finished and never had that before, plus white grapefruits are a lot stronger and I've had experience having through the day. Without autocorrect this message would've looked Welsh

Yes ...
used to buy half gallons white gf juice to mix with the pod tea
While ot didnt seem as a potentiator but rather a little of a time release
as it lasted longer ...

Really!! unless it was just earlier catching up with me. I did read an article somewhere online few weeks ago that said having white grapefruit potentiates if eaten before at between 10%-50% and that cooking with it increases in 40-120%%!!@@

Maybe having jt at 10.30 night pm wasn't best idea 😅😅😅🤷‍♂️

Keep sleep walking if too mashed. Yes just using squeezed grapefruits makes it miles stronger

Last edited: