• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod help please! Opium i think???

DigestYourself

Greenlighter
I have been growing the green stuff for about 5 years now. from the seed in a Dixie cup in a windowsill to two huge hydroponic grow rooms, one Vegetative the other Flowering. I'm also good at making hash, oils, and just plain extracting etc...

I'm going to try to extract all the opiate out of the pods.

I just bought some Pods. They were 100% DRY.

THIS IS WHAT I DID.... DID I DO IT RIGHT?????!!!!!?!?!

I started out with 60 medium sized pods.

When I crushed them up and removed the seeds the total weight was around 90g.

I used a digital scale to weigh out 10g of plant matter to 9 mason jars.

The jar sat as waiting as the water came to a boil.

When the water boiled, I removed it from the heat and let sit a side for 5 minutes.

I put one drop of LEMON in the water to bring the Ph below 6, to help start the extraction process. GOT TO HAVE A PH TESTER

I then added 1liter of water to each jar.

I let this sit in the water for 1.5 hours then ran the liquid through coffee filters ending in a pyrex dish.

OBVIOUSLY the water will take several hours, if not days to evaporate. I would have used rubbing alcohol 97% -99% if I was making less. 9 liters of rubbing alcohol would be to expensive.

BUT ANYWAY

Did I do it right?

Once the water is gone I'll be left with some sort of opiate,

correct??? I think some sort of opium but not 100% sure.'

*ANY RESPONSES BACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
**THANK YOU SO MUCH

It sounds like you used a ton of water, but with some patients you should end up with the same product: Opium flake. It's basically a smokable, insulfable, sublingual, drinkable, cheap type of morphine.

I found if you collect enough of the flake, put them in capsuls or roll em in small toilet paper/rolling papers and eat them works best.

It takes a lot of patience. Next time buy some everclear, and you won't have to wait so long.

edit: you could also plug the product if you are looking to potentiate it.

You will not get opium out of this process. You will get a flaky brown extract, and it cannot be smoked - however it can be eaten. Your best bet is to simply make tea from dried pods and drink it instead of evap.

To get real opium, you must grow poppy plants and score (small vertical cuts along the side) of the pods while they are still alive and growing, then waiting the sap to seep out of the scores and dry. Next you collect the dried sap and have a small bit of opium. You only get around 1g of opium per 100 pods, so this process is hardly worth it. Pod tea on the other hand is very easy and very efficient.

In order to get a smokable extract from dried pods, you must do some serious chemistry which I am not qualified to explain.

It sounds like you used a ton of water, but with some patients you should end up with the same product: Opium flake. It's basically a smokable, insulfable, sublingual, drinkable, cheap type of morphine.

The flake is not smokable and should not be insufflated. It is not just morphine either. It also contains codeine, thebaine, papaverine and a number of other alkaloids.

The flake is not smokable and should not be insufflated. It is not just morphine either. It also contains codeine, thebaine, papaverine and a number of other alkaloids.
I was able to smoke/vaporize it just fine, especially when using water as the medium to extract the opium flake (almost no plant material left).

I didn't say it was only morphine, but lets be honest, that's what the OP is after here.

I was able to smoke/vaporize it just fine, especially when using water as the medium to extract the opium flake (almost no plant material left).

Were you able to get any good noticeable effects from smoking it? The kind of heat it takes to smoke or vaporize is enough to burn the alkaloids. I have not had much success when I tried to smoke it.

I didn't say it was only morphine, but lets be honest, that's what the OP is after here.

Yeah this is true. I was just mentioning the others as they change the effects from being different from a morphine-only high.

Were you able to get any good noticeable effects from smoking it? The kind of heat it takes to smoke or vaporize is enough to burn the alkaloids. I have not had much success when I tried to smoke it.
Yes, I did get noticeable effects, but the high seemed to go up and down too quickly and it is too easy to burn up the alkaloids as you said, that's why I suggested eating it as well.

Once I got the flake (from the water extraction) the product was a grey, extremely light flake that seemed lighter than ground up cocaine. I was able to smoke it out of a normal cannabis bowl (but no direct flame contact) as well as a meth pipe to vaporize it with a fair amount of success.

When using everclear, I found the product to be a goey resin that is best eaten or plugged.

Last edited:
Everclear?

EVER-CLEAR the alcoholic beverage?..
100%? I think that's what your talking about.

islo propofol rubbing alcohol will work the same, but I wanted to try to do this organic first. which is why I used H2O.

I have a high opiate tolerance. So I won't OD. I'll try a little at a time.

plugging as in stick in my ass.. I'm good.
Freebase or snort. no injections or plugging here

you could also plug the product if you are looking to potentate it.[/QUOTE]

Poppy growing

Well, I got about 100,000 seeds.

So I will start to grow them soon, I understand how to make op, then morph, then H from the actual pods.

*****but wondering what I can make from just dried poppy pods

It hasn't dried enough to smoke yet. it still in a liquid form. in time.. i Will post back here with my outcome.

EVER-CLEAR the alcoholic beverage?..
100%? I think that's what your talking about.

islo propofol rubbing alcohol will work the same, but I wanted to try to do this organic first. which is why I used H2O.

I have a high opiate tolerance. So I won't OD. I'll try a little at a time.
yes, the 95% grain alcohol (everclear) is a great alternative to rubbing alcohol.

plugging as in stick in my ass.. I'm good.
Freebase or snort. no injections or plugging here

you could also plug the product if you are looking to potentate it.
[/QUOTE]
If you have a tolerance, morphine has a low BioAvailability when eaten orally, this is why I suggested plugging. More potent than most anything except IV morphine, and that's not very safe...

Well, I got about 100,000 seeds.

So I will start to grow them soon, I understand how to make op, then morph, then H from the actual pods.

*****but wondering what I can make from just dried poppy pods
after you see how much product you are wasting by making cheap opium flake, you will probably end up making pod tea (or eating grounds) like everyone else.

It's DRY

So some of it has finished. its a redish brown paste/flake.

Smoking wasn't was I expected. Got high, but not too high.

I have a lot more to come. What should I do with the product? Would Baking work? cookies? is Tea Better?

Should I save this to try more extractions? or maybe get the chemicals and go from there? any suggestions?

I have a lot more to come. What should I do with the product? Would Baking work? cookies? is Tea Better?

Should I save this to try more extractions? or maybe get the chemicals and go from there? any suggestions?

If you just want to use the dried pods, just make tea - sure it's hard to choke down but it's damn easy and doesn't disappoint, at least in my experience.

Morphine (white foam)

Let the water evaporate with no help and a white gasy looking ribbon layer formed on top. I scrapped, let dry.. injested and am fucked up