• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod addict

Aaaah ok! That makes sense then!

If the 5mg releases over a week, then you're not on a blocking dose. Usually low doses of bupe can some times potentiate other opiates. Perhaps you really will have to raise your tea dose up to get effects.

Curious, do these low doses of bupe make you feel buzzed?
I'd just lowered my tolerance which led me to phone my doctor again for pain meds expecting to be refused but I got a different (and more senior) doctor by chance. Under those circumstances I loved the bupe. It mopped up any lingering withdrawal symptoms (I'd started abstinance week three feeling as bad as week one but that's natural poppies for you) and it definitely gave me a warm happy buzz. In fact I thought I could manage on bupe and weed alone, but somehow I ended up with another half kilo of pods...
So Thursday night I removed the patch and haven't put on another yet for the simple reason I'm enjoying the tea way more without the patch.
Therefore my new plan is to skip a few days between patches, that way I've extra patches to deal with withdrawal at times when I'm really going to be in a hole otherwise. For example my eldest child is a respected doctor who is getting married overseas as soon as covid allows, (yes really, I stayed clean for 25 years to raise them all, give or take the odd night).
Overall the mother of the groom sweating buckets at the top table because she don't know where to get shit overseas, isn't a good look 😂🤣😂

I'd just lowered my tolerance which led me to phone my doctor again for pain meds expecting to be refused but I got a different (and more senior) doctor by chance. Under those circumstances I loved the bupe. It mopped up any lingering withdrawal symptoms (I'd started abstinance week three feeling as bad as week one but that's natural poppies for you) and it definitely gave me a warm happy buzz. In fact I thought I could manage on bupe and weed alone, but somehow I ended up with another half kilo of pods...
So Thursday night I removed the patch and haven't put on another yet for the simple reason I'm enjoying the tea way more without the patch.
Therefore my new plan is to skip a few days between patches, that way I've extra patches to deal with withdrawal at times when I'm really going to be in a hole otherwise. For example my eldest child is a respected doctor who is getting married overseas as soon as covid allows, (yes really, I stayed clean for 25 years to raise them all, give or take the odd night).
Overall the mother of the groom sweating buckets at the top table because she don't know where to get shit overseas, isn't a good look 😂🤣😂

Glad you have it worked out! :)
I've been on bupe roughly 5 years now and have gone back n forth between bupe & full agonists. Be careful because from my experience, the more I kept switching back n forth between the two, the less bupe started to work. Although I was taking higher doses for maintenance rather than pain.

It's commendable to stay sober for 25 years! Holy shit! I'm going on 21 years of polydrug use. I'm all for people living their lives how they want and on the drugs they want, but once you bring kids into the picture, it can definitely be a different story.

If you're able to bring your bupe with you overseas, that should help keep you out of withdrawal while at the wedding, so long as you don't come off a big full agonist (pod) habit right before then.

Also, I'd like to warn you that if you are dependent on a full agonist (methadone, heroin, morphine, etc..) taking bupe too soon can throw you into precipitated withdrawal.
But since your bupe doses are so low, you might be able to get lucky!

Wishing you all the best!

I wish I could find a vendor for pods like that. I have an amazingly good vendor for poppy seeds that are high quality from UK. Pods are just hard to find. Glad you’re enjoying yourself
I don't. Pod tea withdrawals are devastatingly bad. I used to get them back in the glory days of a certain online marketplace. Even seed tea withdrawal sucked major ass at much lower dosages. Those alkaloids will get ya and it's not a short process either. OP is going to have a bad time if he's suddenly found himself in a situation where he is without anything.

I quit an 8 pod a day habit and it was rough. I was able to switch it out for tramadol, after which point it wasn't so bad.
I believe I remember reading about your pod tea experiences on BL a long, long, long time ago. Good stuff.

I don't. Pod tea withdrawals are devastatingly bad. I used to get them back in the glory days of a certain online marketplace.
Yeah I know from 1993-2009 quality poppy pods were a dime a dozen. My family owned a few flower shops and getting bulk for cheap was easy. Which is probably why I was an addict on and off those years. And yeah, getting off of pods was a very dramatic ordeal. Maybe that is why even when I go without kratom for a few days it does not come near the drama of stopping poppies. They lasted so long. I did use kratom once to come off poppies and it seemed to prolong the withdrawal. But one time I had to stop a poppy habit of 10 giganthemums twice a day at my heaviest. It was at that time I realized there are so many alkaloids in poppies that even some strong heroin didn't fully get rid of poppy withdrawal. Crazy strong stuff.

I will say it is poppies that made me realize the drug problem was availability. I had done time for stupid stuff to get heroin. As soon as I could get boxes of pods mailed to me my crime days were over. I was the kind soul I know I am. Availability is the drug problem IMO.

Last edited:
I will say it is poppies that made me realize the drug problem was availability. I had done time for stupid stuff to get heroin. As soon as I could get boxes of pods mailed to me my crime days were over. I was the kind soul I know I am. Availability is the drug problem IMO.
Precisely. That's how I've got on with my kratom habit on and off since 2007. Basically, the only opioid I've used since about 2011-2012 or so is kratom, ever since I left the shit hole I was in living in near-squalor and doing Opana 40s and OPs every day. I did briefly do dope after I moved, but that was short-lived and the kratom was always there. And I live a completely ordinary if not mundane life. And I love it. If it ever gets snatched away from me, I fear what I will have to resort to because unfortunately I believe I'm a lifer but I am completely unwilling to go back to my old life and certainly never back to Suboxone or Methadone. Kratom saved my life, both figuratively and literally I believe.

Glad you have it worked out! :)
I've been on bupe roughly 5 years now and have gone back n forth between bupe & full agonists. Be careful because from my experience, the more I kept switching back n forth between the two, the less bupe started to work. Although I was taking higher doses for maintenance rather than pain.

It's commendable to stay sober for 25 years! Holy shit! I'm going on 21 years of polydrug use. I'm all for people living their lives how they want and on the drugs they want, but once you bring kids into the picture, it can definitely be a different story.

If you're able to bring your bupe with you overseas, that should help keep you out of withdrawal while at the wedding, so long as you don't come off a big full agonist (pod) habit right before then.

Also, I'd like to warn you that if you are dependent on a full agonist (methadone, heroin, morphine, etc..) taking bupe too soon can throw you into precipitated withdrawal.
But since your bupe doses are so low, you might be able to get lucky!

Wishing you all the best!
Thanks, life is for living as happily and harmlessly as you can in my book. I've still not replaced the patch, started being sick this morning, couple of gigantiums and I'm back right as rain, I'm learning, I've never had a legal prescription before! I can take bupe overseas with a letter from my doctor and I might also bring a basket of pot pouri as a gift 😁
The rest of it, well I'll cross that bridge later.
Take care :)

Hi, I'm brand new here and have a question. I've been drinking tea made from pods for a while now. For pain relief initially but I want the fun part too. I used to wash seeds but pods are way better imo. I get through about a hundred grams of powdered pod a week, more if it includes stems. Then I spoke to a new doctor on the phone (covid restrictions mean no in person appointments) and he gave me buprenorphine patches 5mg and he put it on my med list for indefinite reordering without further consultation. I felt like I'd won the lottery and was so busy congratulating myself on my telephone manner that it took me a few weeks to realise there is a problem. I drink my tea and twenty minutes later I feel the comfortable relief, but nothing more. Twenty minutes after that my brain is not happy and is complaining to me about the service in general. Yesterday my solution was gabapentin and diazepam, but then I can't concentrate to work (from home online). The doctor said the bupe ought to replace a lot of my other meds, but I won't phone up because I might get my usual "we can't give you opiates" doctor. So if I keep wearing bupe patches will that stop the tea from working? I noticed my weed seemed less potent too with a patch. I just increased the amount of weed I'm vaping but I don't think that is the best thing to do with the tea. I'd really value any insights on this subject.
I was on Butrans 5mg patches for a short while several years ago too. I was given them to replace 240mg of codeine a day. They didn't work at all for me after the first few days and gave a horrid rash. After that I went to a different surgery and they thought it was ridiculous anyone would go from codeine to buprenorphine no matter how small a dosage. They gave me dhc continus when I explained the lack of analgesia from codeine. My point was that transdermal bupe sucks.
An odd thing about those Butrans patches is that they contain a lot more buprenorphine than they need at 5mg. 5ug/hr is 120ug a day or 840ug (0.84mg) per 7 days. Its such a wasteful delivery system!

An odd thing about those Butrans patches is that they contain a lot more buprenorphine than they need at 5mg. 5ug/hr is 120ug a day or 840ug (0.84mg) per 7 days. Its such a wasteful delivery system!
Which is why I peel off the film and soak it in a tiny jar of 190 proof ethyl alcohol. I figure since it's transdermal I've a good chance of getting more from it if I mix it into perfume and apply to the skin 🤣😂
It should be said I find bupe really good for pain relief and I get some of that opiate cosiness from it too (she says as she sips on some more pod tea)...

I haven't seen pods being mentioned in about a decade. The US definitely cracked down hard on them about a decade ago like RedRum said. They made some headlines in the news when prominent figures were getting busted importing "wreath decorations" haha. Anyways, I had a roommate for a short period of time that had about 6 pods a day. We guessed he was at roughly 80-120mg per day dosage. Pods can vary heavily in potency though.

Which is why I peel off the film and soak it in a tiny jar of 190 proof ethyl alcohol. I figure since it's transdermal I've a good chance of getting more from it if I mix it into perfume and apply to the skin 🤣😂
It should be said I find bupe really good for pain relief and I get some of that opiate cosiness from it too (she says as she sips on some more pod tea)...
I don’t understand what you mean by mixing it into perfume. What does putting it in alcohol achieve? Pardon my ignorance. I’ve only ever done pill pain meds. They’re possibly going to put me on Butrans. I’m on dilaudid ER right now and it’s lost the effectiveness. Been on it for 5 years at least.

I don’t understand what you mean by mixing it into perfume. What does putting it in alcohol achieve? Pardon my ignorance. I’ve only ever done pill pain meds. They’re possibly going to put me on Butrans. I’m on dilaudid ER right now and it’s lost the effectiveness. Been on it for 5 years at least.
I've been using it for topical pain relief recently along my jaw.
The 95% alcohol sterilises the film that I take from the patch after wearing it for a week. It also extracts a lot of the buprenorphine from the patch into the alcohol.
Any ordinary perfume is alcohol based, so mixes perfectly with the bupe mixture.
Then I buy a tiny little empty perfume bottle with a roller ball attached. I think it is a 10ml or 15ml bottle.
After adding a sample of my favorite perfume and the bupe mixture, I've a few ml of more concentrated bupe which originally came to me as transdermal, so I roll it on my skin for absorbtion.
The rest of the world sees an ordinary perfume.
It can be as strong or weak as the number of patches you use and the time they were soaked (I leave them weeks because I have plenty).
Just keep in mind that bupe is very strong and narcon doesn't reverse overdose from bupe. I think if I put all the perfume under my tongue and waited, I'd die. But luckily with the perfume it tastes disgusting and pacman looks elsewhere 🙄