• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy cultivation North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shain77

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Anybody in US or Canada grow poppies? I started a small patch this year in the spring, and they are super easy to grow. I'll be harvesting soon, and just wondering if anyone had advice. I'll be harvesting just for pods.

Yes, harvest the opium, and enjoy it. I did this in college and me and my buddy split all our opium in half. He decided he was going to try to turn his into heroin. I was like dude, this shit is amazing on its own why? But he insisted. All the glorious goop he had and he came out with like two small hits worth because he had never done the synth before and thought it would be "so easy"

After that he was begging me all the time to break him off a piece and I did for a while but he ended up smoking a whole shit load without offer of any compensation for a long time. When I eventually cut him off I wanted to enjoy what little I had I didn't want to sell it much less give it away to someone who wasted all there own on a stupid experiment. Opium is great and will get you high as shit.

poppies_zps2vjxrtqe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Well I would love to do that some day. I've only got a wee patch in my yard. .Enough for a few pod teas and seeds for another time.

there is a pod in the back there i bet you could get some good latex out of :)

That pic is about ten days old. I've got about a dozen golf ball sized pods now. Can't really slash n scrape as they are in my front yard. I experimented with a couple and they bleed like crazy, so I know it's possible. Maybe a guerilla grow next season out of town.

resizefpeds_zpsfzpi4sc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I blended these up with grapefruit and cranberry juice last night. That's a quarter there for size. Taste was not too bad, like a fibrous, insanely bitter smoothie. Didn't experience much euphoria, some intense dreaming and woke up at 2 am feeling ready to take on the day. Nothing like I've experienced with seed tea. Those were the real runts, so maybe a little more next time.

Any advice on when to harvest and dry for seeds? Seems most people say to wait for the seed vents to open, but I really don't want to chance losing them, it's pretty windy sometimes.

We don't allow poppy cultivation question, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.