• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Poppers: Did something happen to Rush (Isobutyl Nitrite) in the US?

ForGreatScience

Bluelighter
I used to see Rush sold everywhere, which contains isobutyl nitrite. But the other day I asked at a smoke shop near me if they had any and he had no idea what I was talking about (and this was a shop that sells plenty of nos, kratom, etc.). The guy actually had me google it for him on his phone and said he might order some if it is legal. Hadn't heard anything about it being illegal so figured I just go to another store.

That smoke shop happened to near near a sex shop, which have also been known to sell poppers, but asking for it there I just got a blank stare.

Finally today I go to a smoke shop that I KNOW would have (have been going there 7+ years and they've always had a solid legal highs section, including rush). I went in and found a bottle called "Spark" which was clearly made to look like a bottle of rush (w/ the yellow and red coloring). I asked the owner "so is this stuff basically the new rush?". He told me they were exactly the same, and I purchased it. But open reading the label I found it contains cyclopentyl nitrite rather than isobutyl nitrite.

I'm wondering was there a recent isobutyl nitrite ban in the United States? I didn't find anything when I searched, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Or is there some other reason it is unavaiable (maybe just looking in the wrong places). It does seem to be available online but seems weird that its disappeared from shelves.

Also wondering if anybody has knowledge about the differences between cyclopentyl nitrite and isobutyl nitrite.

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks everyone!