Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Political Correctness gone too far?

The lyrics to Baa Baa Black sheep have been changed to Baa Baa Rainbow sheep :\

Mary Poppins said:
The name Fairy Penguin is far less offensive than the implication that the gay community are hyper-sensitive enough to take offense to a long-established animal name.

Exactly!! Well said.

Political correctness makes me very angry. Don't we have more important things to worry about? If this was a few weeks earlier I would have thought it was an April Fools Joke.

Watch out coon cheese...

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
LOL.... so many examples like this.

Dick and Fanny from Enid Blyton novels being changed to "Rick and Franny".

Very sad indeed!

What a load of bollocks, seriously... if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Rubber_Duck said:
Its like saying the purple teletubby (tinky winky) is gay, because its purple

Yeah- thats dead wrong. Purple tinky winky is a sexually frustrated tinky winky, not gay at all.

Rubber_Duck said:
Its like saying the purple teletubby (tinky winky) is gay, because its purple

Hey! I'm pink, therefore I'm spam %)

In response to the title of this thread, was political correctness ever right?

I think that a certain level of political correctness is right, maybe it'd be better as 'political correctness gone too far'?

[RANT]

i believe it is going to far.
along with idiots trying to exaggerate racism (dont know how to say it properly but heres and example)

i was speaking with my mates and we were talking about a bus stop across the street, and to point out where it was ive gone its were those asians are (because the street was packed and it wasnt obvious were the bus stop is).

Now my ex had the biggest fucking whinge about being racist.
I know im not racist and i believe shes an idiot and doesnt even know the meaning of racist(not to mention more than half my friends are viets).
I wasnt going to say were those "people" are because there was like thousands of people on the street!
i dont see anything wrong with calling someone Asian,European, African, American..Oceanic!!!!! lol

it shits me REALLY REALLY heaps when people try to be TOO politically correct.
Im European born/raised myself and theres no way in hell id think somone is racist if they called me a european?

soon where going to have to refer to each other simply as "human"

my 0.09cents

[/RANT]

I hate politial correctness.:X

People are too sensitive about these sorts of issues, so much so that it's pathetic.