Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police 'smash' cocaine syndicate

sonicnature

Bluelighter
Police smash cocaine syndicate
By Jonathan Porter

A FORMER NSW detective sergeant was among 11 men arrested when police "smashed" a syndicate allegedly conspiring to import up to $15million worth of cocaine from South America.

Also among the 11 arrested in a series of dawn raids by 93 officers yesterday was a 39-year-old man from Bondi whom police consider to be an underworld "principal".

The syndicate was poised to import between 20kg and 30kg of cocaine into Australia "in suitcases" by drug mules on commercial flights, police said.

One of the men arrested was a 50-year-old from Brighton-le-Sands in the city's southeast who had left the NSW police service "several years ago", Acting Commissioner Andrew Scipione said.

The arrests came after a five-month operation involving the Australian Federal Police, the NSW police and AFP agents based in Bogota and Brasilia.

Taken from:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15235740-2,00.html

I love that $10Million dollar photo....One of the best drug foto's ever!!

Yeah,I'll pay ya man!!!Ha,ha,ha....If i didn't know it was real i'd think photoshop....but nuh!!!
!

what happens to amounts of cash like that when they are finished being used as parts of evidence. Surely they dont burn them off like they are meant to do with drugs

All drug seizures (cash)are allocated to community organisations and charities through a lottery system.
Even property is auctioned and money put in to positive community orgs.

^ I'd imagine money is watched pretty closely. Whether you believe it or not, the police are highly accountable for things like this. Not saying corruption doesn't exist, but just as we resent ignorant people saying "all drug users are thieving junkies", so it's unfair to say "all police are thieving bastards".

^^^^^

"One of the men arrested was a 50-year-old from Brighton-le-Sands in the city's southeast who had left the NSW police service "several years ago"