• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police searches of cars.. What are my rights?

I once had my car searched by the police. They found needles in the gutter within a few meters of my vehicle, which according the them gave grounds to perform the search. Considering they were not mine, and I had just pulled over into the side street to meet up with a friend after a night out I could have almost laughed at the bad luck.

All they found was a 5HTP capsule. When asked what it was I told them it was a multivitamin.

"so what's with all this multivitamin taking business then?" So I told them that sometimes...god forbid I took vitamins

When I produced the container they shone their torch into it and demanded

"whats that packet at the bottom?" for a moment my heart skipped a beat...or two.

then I released...it was the freshness sachet.

PHEW!

But hey at the end of the day, if you get pulled over and the cops WANT to search your car, prepare for your civil rights to be violated.

I only have ever been car searched once, they found a pipe and other half legit stuff, so they spent the next 1-2 hours searching right there on the side of the road absolutely everywhere, even around my engine bay etc.
Lucky for me they still didnt find what they where looking for. They even tried blackmailing me saying that if i show them where it was, that they may work something out on the side of the road. I didn't give in.

AlexxRed said:
I once had my car searched by the police. They found needles in the gutter within a few meters of my vehicle, which according the them gave grounds to perform the search. Considering they were not mine, and I had just pulled over into the side street to meet up with a friend after a night out I could have almost laughed at the bad luck.

All they found was a 5HTP capsule. When asked what it was I told them it was a multivitamin.

"so what's with all this multivitamin taking business then?" So I told them that sometimes...god forbid I took vitamins

When I produced the container they shone their torch into it and demanded

"whats that packet at the bottom?" for a moment my heart skipped a beat...or two.

then I released...it was the freshness sachet.

PHEW!

But hey at the end of the day, if you get pulled over and the cops WANT to search your car, prepare for your civil rights to be violated.

Great story same thing happened to me with those "freshness packets", Also I once got pulled over and freaked then I threw a baggie of some good shit in the vents on my dashboard....never saw em again, even looked really good for them without going to the extent of taking off the dash. So Someone is driving around with 3grams of good coke in their dashboard:\

Being in my mid 20's of middle eastern appearance, i have had my car searched a number of times, each time ive acted stupid and helped the cops out 100% ive even given them pointers in pulling my car apart.. i tend not to carry or do drugs in my car, anyway i found this on youtube.com, its an american vid, however im sure if you did the same steps with an aussie copper the results may be the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmC5wHfCdM

BUSTED - The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

enjoy

- MoF0-

You really need to check the laws in your state. As Hoptis pointed out, there are circumstances under which police can carry out a search of you or your car without a warrant, regardless of your permission. The specific details of these details may vary from state to state, but they are roughly the same. You can contact your local community legal centre to find out what the story is in your state.

Here's a link to a Victorian resource:

http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/upload/cl.overdoses_law.pdf

cop: weve had reports of [thefts/someone with a knife] in this area, were searching your car.

^^Man, what the fuck is wrong with the laws in Aus! Fucking moron beat cops should not have the right to decide whether or not they are gonna search you! As most of you have indicated predudice cops who just wanna fuck around with minorities, or harmless trippers, intentionally invade our personal space just to prove how much power they have over us! They should go write some parking tickets or something... Who'd b a fucking cop!? :X

ilikeacid said:
What happens if say, I've created a secret compartment in my car that is not that accessible unless you really do an absolute strip search of the car.. like removing pannels, pulling everything out of the car first, generally fucking up my shit! To do that kind of search they would really need a good reason to begin wouldn't they?
I generally look pretty innocent, I'd never be rude to cops and I never smoke pot before driving with drugs in my car (anymore).. So if they started searching my car and I really hadn't done anything wrong other than maybe, having a tail light out or speeding a little, could I sue their asses if they started invading my privacy like that?

Firstly look at the laws in your state, for that go to the legislation page for relevant state where you reside, sencondly, the cops with reasonable suspicion can (in my state) search a car, however always lodge a complaint that the search is against your will as you think it is unfair you were going about you daily shit and for no reason rarara, this will slightly deter but possibly infuriate them, deterence may be because if they dont find anything you can lodge complaint with station for harrassment etc, and i have had friends who have got full written apologies and from then on have been completely left alone from cops for the reason if it happened again more harrassment charges.

Secondly my car was recently taken back to a police station after an arrest, when i got it back it was obdvious the car had been ripped apart, it is a late model car and i have a decent sound system, they had pulled off all the inside panels and as my amplifier was mounted on the wall of the boot they had unscrewed it to take off panel in the process damaged the mounting etc, they also when pulling off front passenger door panel pulled out a plug and in the process broke off the clips causing aroun $700 damage in total, and i have been told i have no leg to stand on.

All in all cops are scummy pricks, you may come across a few good ones but in the end the large majority will pretend to be good while fucking you over for every little mistake!! so treat them with respect but most importantly KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, and at all times where applicable have a lwyer just so he can tell you if you should or should not help them with each question etc.

Also to the above, cops are cops in mosty instances as they dow ish to prove they have power over someone, in majority we all know that we are better people than police, they are simply out to prove they are a big tough individual and exert power over the people wwho bullied them while they were at school, or keep bulling coz the only way they can keep being 'scary :p' is if they become a cop and can tell people who are actually achieving something with their lifes what to do! fact is a cop is a cop coz they could not do anything else that requires some what of a level of intelligence!! However when in their house play by their rules and assist, then bide your time and wait until they come into your house where you have the royal flush and can royally... well i will leave what you can do to your imagination :)

sorry for getting so off topic just well wanted to say my piece on our wonderful law enforcing agents

Last edited:
on_the_rise_5 said:
All in all cops are scummy pricks, you may come across a few good ones but in the end the large majority will pretend to be good while fucking you over for every little mistake!! so treat them with respect but most importantly KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, and at all times where applicable have a lwyer just so he can tell you if you should or should not help them with each question etc.

Also to the above, cops are cops in mosty instances as they dow ish to prove they have power over someone, in majority we all know that we are better people than police, they are simply out to prove they are a big tough individual and exert power over the people wwho bullied them while they were at school, or keep bulling coz the only way they can keep being 'scary :p' is if they become a cop and can tell people who are actually achieving something with their lifes what to do! fact is a cop is a cop coz they could not do anything else that requires some what of a level of intelligence!! However when in their house play by their rules and assist, then bide your time and wait until they come into your house where you have the royal flush and can royally... well i will leave what you can do to your imagination :)

sorry for getting so off topic just well wanted to say my piece on our wonderful law enforcing agents

so very very true. Plus they are so out of touch with reality, i almost could not believe it when a FOAF who is a cop, did not have any clue what was going on when another FOAF started smoking ice at a party we were all at. This was about 3 years ago, but still, HES A COP!!!!!

They all have this ridiculous belief that they are the biggest baddest meanest people on the planet, they are so hard cos they drink, they boast about there drinking ability - fuck thats something that teenagers do.

Grow up cops, i hate you all

/end rant

Do the cops have any right to go through your wallet. I can never remember. I was leaning towards no....

Yey! Lets start a "I hate fucken cops rant thread! =D ^^ Seriously though, the aus public gives waaay too much" power to those fucking moron bullies in blue shirts! This is gonna sound typical but, why can't we have laws like they do in the netherlands!! They don't even have the right to stop you in the street without a good reason. And car searches.. pfff good luck, they need full warrents from the courts, which are pretty hard to get in the netherlands I've been told, to even look through your car 8o Ahh freedom, wouldn't it be nice 8)

^^^ never knew that, on the topic of getting things from the netherlands, lets get their dance parties and super drug labs that produce... well amazing gear that make our eyes light up like a child at christmas :)

Cops just make you think that there alloud to search your vehicle for no reason... if you get out of the car when they ask you.. and you leave the door open.. thats an open invitation to them....

if any cop pulls me over these days and wants to search either me or the vehichle.. I Demand that i want a lawyer present before they proceed.. even if i have nothing to hide.. just to make there day even shitter.

I dont know if its just me, but here in Wellington Ive found the 'inner city - cbd' cops pretty cool, they seem to mix in with people outside clubs, dont make an attitude and are pretty laid back. But then I think the reason why, is we have a team of people called 'streetwise', who tend to work the trouble spots and all of the cbd, I know some of them as old school friend 'ravers' lol back in the day. However leaving the city is another story. As the cops usually hang at all the roads that lead out from the city. Also found to stay polite as any shitty remark answer, will change their attitude as well.
But hey you can openly drop pills in front of them, and just say its BZP :)

ilikeacid said:
^^Man, what the fuck is wrong with the laws in Aus! Fucking moron beat cops should not have the right to decide whether or not they are gonna search you! As most of you have indicated predudice cops who just wanna fuck around with minorities, or harmless trippers, intentionally invade our personal space just to prove how much power they have over us! They should go write some parking tickets or something... Who'd b a fucking cop!? :X

You think we have it tough here? Hah! Ever been to the states before? I hear the cops are real pricks over there. I think it's fair enough if you are "under suspicion", or get pulled over for drunk driving the cops have the right to search your car. And it is within their legal bounds, because in the summer, almost every single Friday and Saturday night down a side-street that runs into the Prahran Market car-parks, off Chapel St. they conduct searches through nearly every single car that passes through there. I'd say the reason being, is because there have been a few rapes and alot of bashings and assaults in this car park in the past. Blame the people we can't trust that have to screw it up for everyone else, for these car searches. The cops don't make the law, the "crims" give the Government a reason to make legislation though...