Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

police- raids from bluelight

andyturbo

Administrator: PR.net
Ok firstly wasn't sure wat section to post this in, sorry mods.
Now i have heard a story from somone that in perth a while back many members of this forum had there houses raided due to posts made on bluelight. Im just wondering if this is true?

If so on what grounds would they? i mean surely simply being a member of this forum wouldn't be sufficiant evidence to get a warrent, and im sure no one goes out and posts "I HAVE JUST BOUGHT 100 pills and they are in my house" for example..hopfully this isn't true but if it is, it is concerning..not to me personly as i have shit all in my house normally buy pills at clubs but im thinking there must be members on here that would..i realise this is a touchy issue so apologise in advance to mods if its not allowed. Thanks

How could they find your address from you posting on Bluelight? I'd assume that they'd have to get the I.P. and then talk to your provider, which would involve some co-operation, forced or not, from Bluelight.

Yep. Was most definately true...

Raids
And more raids

I'm not sure on this, but now BL doesnt log IP's, I think they would have a much harder time. Someone who's been involved in the in's and out's of BL more would know.

andyturbo said:
im sure no one goes out and posts "I HAVE JUST BOUGHT 100 pills and they are in my house" for example..

It happens all the time...sad, but true.

Jimity said:
Yep. Was most definately true...

Raids
And more raids

I'm not sure on this, but now BL doesnt log IP's, I think they would have a much harder time. Someone who's been involved in the in's and out's of BL more would know.

vBulletin (forum software which powers this site) DOES log IP addresses, so I am unsure about the accuracy of that statement.

I do remember seeing a thread about this recently, but I am fucked if I can find it.

A post from a couple of years ago says....

skydancer said:
A compromise that we have made for the new version of Bluelight (which will go live in a few weeks) is to retain IP addresses for a certain amount of days and then irrevokably erase them from our server.

Link

I'll try to find what I was reading tomorrow. That is, if I wasn't tripping.

If you put Instant Messaging addresses/aliases on your profile there are ways to get an IP from that and ISP's must give names and addresses to police when asked.

its the golf balls!!

theyve got them in oz too, actually in almost every country.

search: echelon

dscub3.jpg

I'm sure some of the older Perth BL crew can shed more light on this, and there have been other incidents overseas that I've heard of. It seems that the connections are not made through Bluelight (IP address, etc) but through the information that people give out in their posts & profiles; things like meetups, photos, IM details and so on.

im sure no one goes out and posts "I HAVE JUST BOUGHT 100 pills and they are in my house"

Actually, people do. I've noticed people getting a bit lax on here and would ask that people please exercise discretion when posting about drugs in their possession.

I'd rather not be editing every post where this is happening but it is for your own safety so please keep this in mind next time you talk about drugs you have on you.

Yeah i have never really gotten this whole stupid boasting thing. Apart from the fact that, IMO, it is incredibly stupid to post on a public forum about such a high quantity of drug possession, no one really gives a fuck whether you have 100 pills or not!

Drugs aren't cool guys. And simply because you have a shitload of 'pingers' under your bed does not make you any cooler 8)

The same goes with taking pictures of large quantities of illicit drugs. I mean, most of us have all seen it and I mean, whether that large stockpile is yours or not, you are really only asking for trouble.

In regards to IP addresses,

forgotten said:
Second, not to derail the thread, but in order for the server to know where to send the packets you request, it has to know your IP address. We keep this information for 72 hours, to help track users that abuse the system. This is how I was able to obtain the IP in this situation. So, by the time anyone got a court order to view something, it would no longer be available.

As Hoptis has said, people bragging about substances in their possession is quite common. The Mods and Admins don't edit posts for the fun of it, rather they do it to protect the members and the integrity of Bluelight.

You'd think the police would be monitoring more important things than BL. Like "terrorisim" which seems to be the buzz word at the moment. I'm sure if you said you where holding 100 pills they would probably investigate if it was a slow day, but what area does it fall under? the federal police? or state? if it was state police they couldn't find there own arses that they posted on a site the night before.

It actully isn't that hard to track post/posters if you have good IT knowledge. Even if the IP address has been deleted from server it will still be there until something is re-writen over the top off it and even then partial data is still there and a good It forensic investigator would still have a few clues to follow, they are pretty good at tracking and catching internet perverts!

Some people have sweet software where if you delete files it re-writes over it 20 times so the data cannot be retreved. It's more a windows thing not a Mac thing so i can't use it.

It did happen.

Most of it could have been prevented if people were more careful how much information they revealed about themself in a public forum, hence our very strict guidelines.

Bluelight does not keep IP information for ever and does not hand it out but it is up to you how much information you care to make public. The servers are not in Australia so they can not easily force anyone to hand over any data.

If you post about drugs in your possession or something your going to aquire your asking for trouble. You will make it really easy for them to find you if you use your real name, email address or post pictures and IM details across bluelight.

Drugs aren't cool guys.
I beg to differ my friend... =D but your right talking about acquiring drugs or what your 'holding' is pretty fucking stupid 8)

Aye, people can be incredibly stupid - just take a look int eh gallery at all the photos of copious amounts of drugs.

In five years on Bluelight I've seen people make it all too easy for police cruising the forums to identify them; people using their uni email address in their profiles, people talking about what drugs they'll be consuming and where, nice high resolution photos of themselves and/or their drugs, and considering every person on/met through Bluelight as a new friend when caution really must be applied.

Bluelight is a public forum: be careful what information you give out, always.

:)smiley

^ shitters!!!

People actually post pics of themselves and their stash? Hahah. people like that deserve a one way trip to a cell. At least it might then increase the iq level of the general drug taking community :\

Well I dunno then. :p Live in the woods as far north as possible.

Last edited: