Police: Mont. man denied painkillers, shoots self

wait till the next two months Florida lol

Dispensaries need to get their priorities strait and in conjunct with cannabis, they need to start growing poppies.
I would like to see the DEA and ATF go against most of California and all of Texas (and in between), as well as half the military and half the private contractors, whom are all high as shit on synthetic cannabinoids, opiods and amphetamines.

DexterMeth said:
Dispensaries need to get their priorities strait and in conjunct with cannabis, they need to start growing poppies.
Could you imagine if the breeders who brought us dank weed made a dank strain of poppies? Poppies are schedule II, so in theory your doctor can prescribe poppies.

It's fucked up, but he shouldn't have told his doctor about his drug use. Unless you want to quit forever, no good usually comes from them knowing anything.

God the war on drugs is ridiculous, just give the poor man his morphine and let him smoke weed!

slimvictor;10207331 said:
Sad story of discrimination.

The whole war on drugs mentality that people should be deprived of the freedom to use drugs extends beyond drug use for the purposes of "getting high", or exploration, or relaxing, or creativity (which are all good enough reasons to warrant to end of the drug war immediately). But pain relief may be the most common reason to use drugs, and even this is denied to us due to the propaganda spread by uptight little men in ties.

Get the fuck out of my body, government. I am the emperor here. Don't tell me what I am not allowed to put in.
Keep your morals inside your clenched anuses, doctors, and others who dare to judge me based on my personal approach to the human experience.

On the rare occasions i run up against someone who is for the war on drugs or atleast drugs being illegal i always say ya know what a good enough reason is to end the drug war? Because i don't want some goddamn bureaucrat in Ottawa who is most likely making money off the drug war anyway telling me wtf i can put in my body. The government has no place in the homes of it's citizens end fucking of.

As for the need of governments existing at all that's another matter :\

TheLostBoys;10211525 said:
Those contracts are a joke, I signed one as well & my doctor told me that they could call me in any time for a urine test.............I havent been called in once. Then again, I dont smoke weed so im okay with everything. I have a friend that use to get percocets from his doctor for leg pain for over a year & once the doctor gave him a piss test, he failed it because he smokes weed & now this guy is always in pain & cant get any doctors to prescribe him pain meds because his file has that he is a drug seeker, its a shame................

This right here!!! I live in montana and the war on drugs here is waged against the patient, it's fucking disturbing to say the least. And to the self righteous asshole how was commenting on how that guy deserved it, I can only pray YOU get into a fucking accident and get denied pain relief.

It's an absurd waste of time and money trying to prevent people from ingesting certain plants/chemicals. Did anyone ever predict it getting this out of hand? Just because the guy was positive for marijuana, doesn't change the fact that his vertebrae are fucked up! Besides, is mixing opiates and weed really that big of a deal?!
Maybe somebody can answer me this:
If you live in a state with a prescription database, does that mean that whatever doctor or hospital or dentist you go to can automatically pull up a record of everything you're prescribed? If so that raises major privacy issues! You should not have to disclose your entire medical history to every healthcare professional you see! It's nobody's business but your own! If it gets to ther point that any doctor can pull up your entire medical history for any reason, it's gonna be just as easy for any non-doctor to get that information as well....Law enforcement, prospective emloyees. Your privacy down the drain all in the name of preventing people from popping pills!!

At first I read I thought it was some guy, heroin/oxy illect user using some pain excuse and then shooting himself in the foot but now I see genuine pain, etc and it was only as he tested for weed.... that's it. Maybe do a bargain in the worse case, give them to him supervised then theres no "abuse" of his morphine which may be one worry since smoking weed made him a junkie dammm!

Should'da just drank alcohol..... much safer being legal *tops up with more vdka* lol lol *rollseye*
BTW sarcasm police - was a joke.

toolva420;10205805 said:
Prosecutors are reviewing the case to determine whether to charge the man, whose name was not released.
prosecute the god damn hospital.

ive been desperate enough for opiates before that i seriously considered jumping off a ledge and letting my ankles break or something. and ive met. on the net and in person several people who have done these sorts of things to get opiates prescribed because they're addicts. any opiate addict not in denial knows the power of the disease. so i think theres more to this than a frustrated guy in pain. he has a gun, he gets so frustrated from not getting opiates he shoots himself in the foot? literally and figuratively? obviously a crazed junky. and it takes two to know one, i know these things :)

regardless of my opinion, i find the article ultimately:

Comical. for many reasons. which i will list upon request...

ControlDenied;11021752 said:
regardless of my opinion, i find the article ultimately:

Comical. for many reasons. which i will list upon request...

This list is?

I met a girl in rehab who slammed her hand in the car door in order for the hospital to give her percocet. People do it all the time. When you're in pain management, the doctors make you sign a contract to cover their asses. They are required to do this because they have to answer to the DEA. The databases between pharmacies are pretty much standard now, even if you pay cash and don't use insurance.

Florida only recently started this data sharing and I'm not sure if it's completely in place working because I don't go to pain doctors anymore. So many people flew under the radar and could get multiple prescriptions every month. It sort of wrecked it for legitimate pain management patients when people from other states come in droves for the purpose of getting pills.

Ody;11021929 said:
This list is?

Well, since you insist, here is my analysis and interpretation of the event portrayed in the article, as it relates to US socio-economic-cultural trends and psycho-junkies-with-guns-in-cars-outside-ERs.

Reason funny number

1. He was jonesing so bad he shot himself in the foot. [It's like God made a pun!]

2. Some people on this board "sympathize" with him on the basis that they understand how frustrated he was with not getting painkillers for his legitimate pain. LOLLLLL

3. America went through a decade+ period of prescribing opioids like mad, like, prescribing percocet to girls for PMS pain and vicodin for stubbed toes - dont get me wrong, here in Canada there was a similar trend but the peak was shorter and it was much less intense and widespread -- and now because of the fallout they've backtracked so much that even a guy with fucked vertebrae cant stay on his morphine cuz he smoked a joint. this is just so outlandish from my point of view that it just devolves into some sick joke. overprescribing, straight to underprescribing. what's next -- cancer patients going to heroin dealers? the guy should just go to suboxone or methadone doctor/clinic thingy whatever you have in that fucking sick nation. The court might order it anyway!

^^ I know a lady who's at stage four breast cancer which spread throughout her lymphatic system, liver and spleen. Her prognosis is bleak and the oncologist used to give her fentenyl patches and morphine. But recently cut her down to oxycodone 15 mg. because he feels she was getting overmedicated and addicted. Even with 15 mg oxy they give her 90 a month and nothing else. I mean, the lady is dying for fuck's sake and this is just a pathetic example of the war on drugs. Whatever happened to compassionate end of life care? :(

fucking disgusting.

this guy would have been better off illegally obtaining some substances.

then he would have been more likely to just go to jail too, AND they could have DEFINITELY written him off as a drug seeker.

round and round the system goes

ControlDenied;11021752 said:
ive been desperate enough for opiates before that i seriously considered jumping off a ledge and letting my ankles break or something. and ive met. on the net and in person several people who have done these sorts of things to get opiates prescribed because they're addicts. any opiate addict not in denial knows the power of the disease.

I honestly think that's deranged. I was a heroin addict for almost a decade and I have no idea how it'd be preferable to have a broken leg than to be in withdrawal. I think we exaggerate how bad withdrawal is.

I sometimes think the best thing for a chronic opioid user is to do cold-turkey withdrawals over and over again in order to get used to the suffering. That way when shit is really on the line, you don't choose to destroy yourself just to be opiated.

Plus, can't you just drive up to dope hole and buy a bundle?

(I mean no disrespect to chronic pain people)

I never went that far as to jump off a ledge and break a bone to get what i wanted. But numerous times of smashing my ankles with blunt objects, and any other kind of tool. And trying to slip off the curb just right so i would have a not so severe sprain at all to get my fix. Drive up north and get a bundle?? What about tomorrow your at the same point again. Its a revolving door of De Ja Vu, or like the movie groundhogs day when everyday is the same.

Very often I felt like doing what this man did, but thankfully owning guns in Canada is very difficult business. Many times after waiting 10 hours to be given a script for Naproxen (which has just been available OTC since less than a year while we have OTC codeine...sometimes I agree with those who say we are ass backwards, anyway...). That guy is much older than I am and his back was probably way fucked up for his to do this.

I have trigeminal neuralgia, I am allergic to tegretol, topamax made me feel like I had a full frontal lobotomy, my neurologist which I see very rarely scripts me 30 fiorinals w/ codeine because he won't give me anything else although he has discussed giving me that butorphanol inhalation product if the problems continues. Well because I have trouble seeing him I ended up shooting dilaudid illicitly, and I include the ER's here and the junkies without pain problems for causing things like this.

/me sings The Offspring - It'll Be A Long time and leaves (and hey, thats from when the offspring was a real punk band)

haha . wow . I have totally felt like THIS guy before (hmm 1 day ago?).

Good thing I have .2 of some 80%+ tar with a rig set left underneath my bathroom sink right now... Guess I'll worry about it in 2 days again.

Hope my girlfriend doesn't find it . :( . God it's sad being an opiate addict .

I can relate. I get denied pain meds for a chronic terminal condition that doctors know little about... So, I know exactly how this guy feels. Not shooting myself as much as more like just jumping off a small cliff... :(