Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Police Cut Mushroom Trip Shirt" - Balingup

Winsom

Bluelighter
pg 18 West Australian
'A small yellow brown fungi push through the pine needles on a state owned plantation near balingup, 250km south of Perth, an annual pilgrimige occurs.

The magic mushroom pickers seek a natural high which unlike other illegal drugs can be achieved free. Little do they realise, catching them is easy for police.

Possession of psilocin, the toxic substance in the fungi which causes hallucinations, is illegal.

It can cause hallucinatory flashbacks, be a phsycotic trigger for people with mental health problems or if the wrong species is picked, destroy the liver.

"Sometimes you can go right up to them and they have thier head under a blackberry bush, Acting Sgt Darryl Croucher said.

"You say Hi, How are you going, Have your got many" and the reply is Oh Yeah, Got Heaps, and you say Well Hand them Over.

On Saturday Sgt Croucher and Const Steve Tibbets noticed a car and then walked quietlt through the bush, stopping to listen.

"Often you hear them before you see them. Once I caught a bunch of them swinging from branches in thier underwear.

After 40 mins the officers arrested two pickers and soon afterwards thier three friends.

Of the five Two women and Three men aged 18-22 from Glendalough three were charged for having between with 90-120g of mushrooms. They face a $400 fine and a criminal record.

The group said they drove from perth on Friday to collect them which were to be boiled into tea or eaten.

They kicked themselves for arriving at late, instead of the planned 4am start to the picking. "It would have been worth it if we hadn't been caught" said one woman, who looked forward to a "Wow trippy" time.

Her boyfriend, who has a full-time job and is studying business, said they were responsible people. It's a treat. It only comes once a year, like christmas.

It shouldn'r be illegal if you do it at your house and do not drive, one of them stated. It's not as dirty as acid, it's all natural.

Some Balingup residents see a humerous side to the quest - there is a Magic Mushroom Bakery and a big Mushroom sculpture in town, but others dissaprove.

General Store owner Graeme McArthur said the pickers got stoned and drove on the highway.

Forrst Products Commision try to destroy the fungi by spreading superphosphate and introducing grazing cattle"

I will still be heading down.

Any thought's ppl, especially about the FUCKING SUPERPHOSPHATE - surely THAt cannot be healthy !

Winsom

(happy?)

Last edited:
or superphosphate of lime, Ca(H 2 PO 4 ) 2 , is a compound produced by treating rock phosphate with sulfuric acid or phosphoric acid, or a mixture of the two. It is the principal carrier of phosphate, the form of phosphorus usable by plants, and is one of the world's most important fertilizers. Ordinary superphosphate contains about 20% available phosphate; double superphosphate (also called treble superphosphate) contains 40%-50% available phosphate.

Su`per*phos"phate\, n. (Chem.)
An acid phosphate.

{Superphosphate of lime} (Com. Chem.), a fertilizer obtained
by trating bone dust, bone black, or phosphorite with
sulphuric acid, whereby the insoluble neutral calcium
phosphate, {Ca3(PO4)2}, is changed to the primary or acid
calcium phosphate {Ca(H2PO4)2}, which is soluble and
therefore available for the soil.

Nice of them to screw up the local habitat like that.
Dumb fucks....

There's always one mushroom story in the news a year I guess. They tend to not push these stories in the media... I guess cause it's as boring as hell =P

What's with all the typos in the original quote... are you for real? Please make sure to quote accurately if you're referencing an article, if there's an actual typo in the original document you can use [sic] :)

BigTrancer :)

Off topic, and stupid as I am, what does [sic] actually mean? I mean I know what it is used for, but what does it mean?

sic = intentionally written that way, it is pronounced sik. Not sure where it comes from, but I assume it is from another language, probably Latin.

BigTrancer said:
What's with all the typos in the original quote... are you for real? Please make sure to quote accurately if you're referencing an article, if there's an actual typo in the original document you can use [sic] :)

BigTrancer :)

no problem. It was 5 in the am and I had been drinking. I'll go back and fix em. It was close enough................

won't happen again :)

Winsom

sic = intentionally written that way, it is pronounced sik. Not sure where it comes from, but I assume it is from another language, probably Latin.

Ja, Latin. Meaning 'thus; so' basically. :)