• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Pokemon Sword and Shield

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
Pokemon Sword and Shield

Just downloaded Sword for my Switch tonight and i have to say its incredible. Best Pokemon game I've ever played in my life and I'm only three hours into it. Going to be adding to this thread as i make my way along through the game. The graphics are amazing and gameplay is still the classic type i love, really happy with this.

For my first character i decided to choose Scorbunny and I'm happy i did because he is dope ass fire pokemon and has allowed me to progress steadily through some of the harder battles so far. They have these Dynamax Battles where the Pokemon get huge like Godzilla and its cool as fuck like in the pictures below.

Looking forward to playing this everyday for the time being and hearing what you guys think about it. Know that i may be jumping the gun but this is possibly my favorite game on the Nintendo Switch up until this point. Any past or present fans of Pokemon i highly suggest you heading out there and picking this one up, your gonna love it.

All of the Characters in the game look really interesting and the further I'm getting into it i just wanna find more and more of them. Can totally see how this game is going to become addicting to me. Best sixty dollars I've spent in a long time :D

Attachments

• Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Pokedex-1206065.jpg
    Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Pokedex-1206065.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 68b1fb82-ab8c-4789-926b-9413f61cb4f2-pokemon_sword_shield_art.jpg
    68b1fb82-ab8c-4789-926b-9413f61cb4f2-pokemon_sword_shield_art.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 0
I was leaning towards Shield though, because of the gym exclusives mostly. Sword has a fighting gym and a rock gym where shield has ghost and ice.

I've always loved the Rock Pokemon like Onyx and fighting ones are great also. Im going to be buying both of them eventually most likely, got this as the digital copy and im gonna either by a boxed collector set if it emerges or at least a physical copy and this time get Shield. Pokemon was literally the first thing i thought of when i opened my eyes today, lol =D

It's kinda weird. 50% of the reviews I'm reading says this is the best Pokémon ever, the other half are calling it complete garbage. :|

Your gonna love it man, Im playing it right now ad we speak, literally never stop unless i am at work or browsing Bluelight 30 mins bursts. It's such an addicting game i just got my first Gym Badge last night and now I'm on Route 5 leaving up in the Tall Grass. Have a whole bunch of Character's leveled up strong now, deff my favorite game for the Switch now :)

I REALLY want this. But fucked if I'm paying £200 for the Nintendo Switch when you can't even play any of the DS games on it.

Sell your 3DS and games , use it toward buying the switch. It's worth it

Actually started playing more again two days ago I had to stop for the move to my new apartment. Just got the Fairy Badge before I feel asleep last nite and can catch pokemon up to level 45 now. My 3 favorites right now are Pandoro, Cinderace and pikachu :)

I REALLY want this. But fucked if I'm paying £200 for the Nintendo Switch when you can't even play any of the DS games on it.

I retract this statement. Came into some money that made it affordable :)

The Switch Lite (anyone know the difference between this and the regular Switch??) and Pokemon Sword arrived on Christmas Eve which was kinda cool. Like a present from myself.
I played Pokemon Red/Blue and Gold/Silver (I would get one and my brother would get the other) as a little kid and replayed over an over as I grew up. My ex got me back into pokemon when I bought a DS about 18 months ago and fell in love with the game as there were so many new generations! So I got to play through: Yellow, HeartGold, Platinum, Black, Black 2, X, Omega Ruby and Ultra Moon.

Now there's Sword :D

I normally complete these games in 2 or 3 days but it's taken me 8 for Sword just because I've been really busy with it being the holidays.

A couple questions:

1) Are all of the pokemon (there's only 400, right?) available in-game without trades and other nonsense?
2) What stuff is there to do after the main game ends?

Well the difference between a Switch Lite and the regular one is the joycons dont detach from the Lite and it doesn't have rumble feature. Is the Lite able to plug into your TV and work remember hearing months back it might not be able to. I'd like to get one and just leave my old Switch home when I leave I mostly play it on the train to work. In the new Pokemon some of them are exclusive to Sword or Shield so you have to trade to get them which is another reason I want the Lite so I can buy Sheild and trade with myself, lol.

It's hard to find people to do so with cause of my job. I've beaten it and spend alot of time in the Wild Area looking for all the Pokemon missed and leveling up. It's a great fucking game and I'm sad it's over honestly. This week I'm getting DragonQuest XI which I'm really excited about, great series.

Well the difference between a Switch Lite and the regular one is the joycons dont detach from the Lite and it doesn't have rumble feature. Is the Lite able to plug into your TV and work remember hearing months back it might not be able to. I'd like to get one and just leave my old Switch home when I leave I mostly play it on the train to work. In the new Pokemon some of them are exclusive to Sword or Shield so you have to trade to get them which is another reason I want the Lite so I can buy Sheild and trade with myself, lol.

It's hard to find people to do so with cause of my job. I've beaten it and spend alot of time in the Wild Area looking for all the Pokemon missed and leveling up. It's a great fucking game and I'm sad it's over honestly. This week I'm getting DragonQuest XI which I'm really excited about, great series.

I love your avi xD

No, I haven't tried but I'm almost positive you can't attach it to the TV. That's partly why I chose it because I'm only interested in using it as a hand-held console. I loved Pokemon on The GameBoy and then PSP and then DS so it made sense to just get the Switch Lite.
Struggling to think of other games to get tbh, though.

What is Lets Go Eevee/Pikachu like? I haven't had a phone for eight years (I KNOW!!) so never got to play Pokemon Go yet.

I've been think of Yu-Gi-Oh (or however you spell it) as it seems like a direct rip-off of pokemon. IS it super-similar?
Might try Zelda, too.
And I like the 2D Super Mario games.

What do you do in Dragon Quest?

Do you have Sword or Shield? I have Sword so if you have Shield, gimme a bit to finish catching the one's available and then we can trade for the game-exclusives?

I've got Sword myself also, but I will get Shield soon as I want a physical copy and rushed to download to the digital as soon as it came out instead of waiting for Amazon a couple days. We most deff could play online tho in this game and others I will send you my Friend Code in a PM right now Okay.

And those Hello Pikachu and Eevee games are like remakes of Red and Blue from what I understand but with this motion activated Poke Ball apparatus you plug in to catch them I believe. Mario Odyssey is a fantastic game as is Super Mario Maker 2. The DragonQuest series are RPG's classic old school turn-based my fav much like the way pokemon is played :)