Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pma

WOW-factor?

Bluelighter
I have a few queries about PMA. What does it do? Why is it used/manufactured instead other safer drugs like MDMA? and which test kit is the best for sussing out the little nasties in our pills?

Please assist with this as i am sure there are numerous pills floating around at the moment that just dont feel right, and dont want to see any one harmed.

Well You would actually be supprised that Pma isnt floating around as much as people think it is ;) and i fucking hate pmxx! Anyway

PMA stands for para-methoxyamphetamine. It is also known as 4 MA, or 4-methoxyamphetamine.

The legal status at this point in time i believe is as follows: it may have changed but i think the schedules still stand

Australia – Schedule III (2002)
Canada – Schedule III (2002)
UK – Scheduel I, Class A (2001)
US – Schedule I (2001)

Pmxx's nature is of this:
PMA causes a release of serotonin and also acts as a monoamine oxidase inhibitor. This dual action contributes to the dangerous nature of PMA.

What are the effects of PMA?
At low doses (<40mg), PMA will cause stimulation, mild visuals, pupil dilation, nystagmus, altered consciousness, nausea, and elevated body temperature. Basically, it produces many of the same initial effects as MDMA.
At slightly higher doses (60+mg), PMA can cause a sudden and dangerous increase in body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate.

In what ways is PMA dangerous?
PMA is dangerous in its own right due the sharp dose-response curve that it exhibits - a relatively moderate increase in dose can produce dangerous (and possibly lethal) effects. This, combined with its action as a cardiopulmonary stimulant and MAOI, makes PMA extremely dangerous when taken in combination, especially with other amphetamines.
PMA is dangerous in practice because it has been sold in pill form as MDMA. The habit of many MDMA users to consume multiple doses at once is what has lent PMA its “killer” image in recent years.

Why is PMA being sold as MDMA?
PMA is being sold as MDMA because it is easier and safer to make - the precursors are not as strictly controlled/watched. Also, the effects of a low PMA dose can be confused with the effects of MDMA. This makes PMA seem to be a good substitute for manufacturers who do not want to make MDMA.

How does PMA react to various testing kits?
Note – this is the authoritative list of reactions to reagents. This list has been confirmed with testing kit retailers and other knowledgeable and trustworthy people.
Marquis – No reaction
Mecke – No reaction
Mandelin – Dark green
Simon – No reaction
Robadope – Reddish/Purple

Has PMA ever been combined with MDxx in the same pill?
YES! PMA has been combined with MDMA in order to fool testing kits while minimising manufacturing costs.
A way to combat this is by using the EZ-Test Xtreme (or other comparable testing kit), which combines two reagents – Simon’s and Robadope’s. The Simon’s reagent will indicate the presence of MDxx while Robadope’s will indicate PMA.
However, the notion that PMA is combined with MDMA in order to enhance the positive effects or 'make you roll harder' is wrong; as stated earlier, PMA in combination is even more dangerous than PMA alone.

Sources and other PMA-related links:
Erowid’s PMA Vault
London Toxicology Group
Lycaeum’s PMA Page
PiHKAL Entry
MAPS article abstract
A compilation of information

Also please go here http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pma/pma_effects.shtml

hope this helps mate ;)

Good stuff ld50 vs ssri, Erowid is a top resource :)

WOW-factor, you might want to check out the PMA FAQ from the drug FAQs forum too.

:)

Thanks appolo but id love to take the credit lol but thanks to the great resources we have today its what makes posts like this possible ;)

allthough i despise pma and i belive the little bastard of a dose responsive chemical needs to be uncovered for all ;)

Thanks for that. I'm not sure if some of the pills that we are getting contain any pma at all but, 1. I dont like the info that our source has supplied me with on other things that i know are incorect 2. ans as the old saying goes, better safe than sorry. any chance any one has tested a brown blank with an EZ-test xtreme? and if a pill contains 2 possibly three different chems, (e.g MDMA PMA and amphetamine) how do i see three different colors, wouldn't i just see black(from what i've read) for the MDMA over powering other colors? Thanks again much appreciated!!!

Last edited:
how do i see three different colors, wouldn't i just see black(from what i've read) for the MDMA over powering other colors? ...

Darker colours will dominate and make lighter colours hard - impossible to distinguish. At present there is no sure way of testing a mixture containing amines of this sort. It's probably best not to try and interpret a mixture of colours as combinations of amines could produce all sorts of mixed reactions, and thus colours.

makes sense. so basicly if theres a little MDMA in the pill then it will go black and i cant see the reaction for PMA... Bugger, thanks guys, think i'll find a more trust worthy source.