• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Plugging oral or sublingual(dissolve under the tongue) best way to take codeine?

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
Any longtime codeine addicts who had experience with uk's pure prescription codeine tablets the tiny white ones I've been on them for so long now I'm currently in withdrawal of you could call it that and we all know the first dose is the strongest etc so how should I take my first dose to get most out of it I usually take between 256 mg- 450 mg depending on how I feel although I can still feel doses as low as 128mg

I think codeine's low potency makes it unsuitable for the sublingual ROA, as in there's just too much in dosage size to try an absorb by that route. Plugging seems like a much better choice for that.

Yes I remember the tiny white ones and I miss them every moment of every day thank you for acknowledging that for me. I've been addicted to codeine off and on for about 18 months and I can say that because codeine already has such a high bioavailability orally that it would not be worth the effort to plug it. Like the person above stated codeine has no sublingual absorption. The following is taken from an abstract published on NCBI titled 'Rectal versus oral absorption of codeine phosphate in man', which states there was no significant increase in bioavailability observed when codeine was administered rectally:

"Rectal absorption of codeine phosphate from various dosage forms was studied in man. The rectal dosage forms included aqueous solutions and fatty suppositories. A comparison was made with an orally administered solution. The plasma concentrations of codeine were measured by means of HPLC analysis after a single dose of 60 mg codeine phosphate in a cross-over study in 7 volunteers. Compared with oral dosing rectal absorption from an aqueous solution or a fatty suppository produced an almost identical plasma concentration profile with similar interindividual variations. Comparing the absorption rate characteristics it appeared that rectal absorption from an alkaline solution containing codeine phosphate proceeded significantly (P less than 0.05) more rapid than after oral dosing. No essential difference in bioavailability was observed between the various rectal and oral dosage forms."