• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Plugging Opiates

RedRumm

Greenlighter
I recently had surgery on my shoulder and was prescribed 7.5/325 percocets and 7.5/325 norco. For the past 4 years I've used 30mg Roxies semi-frequently, so I have a decent tolerance. 15mg of oxy won't get me off so I recently began experimenting with plugging. I did alot of research on plugging only to find alot of controversial conversation saying that it was a hit or miss. Alot of people said that plugging ANYTHING with APAP in it was a waste and would just end up irritating your asshole. Eventually I said fuck it and tried it anyway.

I did it first with the norcos, using 15mg(650 APAP). Within 15 minutes I felt warm and euphoric which absolutely would not have happened if I wouldve taken them orally. Eventually, I began plugging 15mg of oxy. As I siad before, 15mg of oxy does not do much for me if taken orally. However, plugging 15mg of oxy gave me nice euphoria, probably more equivalent to about 25mg orally(didn't quite feel like 30mg orally on an empty stomach). This led me to some conclusions despite reading plenty of pages with people dissing the rectal ROA.

For me, plugging is the best way aside from IV to get the most out of your drug. Putting a small syringe or sucker up your butt isn't as bad as it sounds, and I'm as straight as they come. I would use about 5mL of hot water in a small cup and crush up the pill into a fine powder. I would then put the powder into the water and shake and stir it as much as i could to dissolve as much as I could. After that, suck it up into the syringe and take it to brown town. Not that bad. It takes about 15 minutes to take effect and peaks for about an hour. But even when the peak is over, the come down is very gradual and lasts about 4 hours. Which makes me feel like you not only get a higher peak than taking it orally, but a longing duration that maintains a good buzz.

Basically, if you're in a pinch and want to get alot of bang for your buck, plugging is a good way to go. Just make sure you try and take a dump right before so you clear out your bowels and most of the drug is absorbed into the anus and not your feces. You can also eat as much as you want after plugging and it won't kill your buzz at all.

Hope y'all find this helpful because I sure wish I could've found this information before listening to alot of people that were dogging it.:p

While there's not really a direct question in this thread, I appreciate it.

I am a major proponent of rectal administration/plugging. People can make homophobic jokes all they want. They can be insecure about their sexuality somewher else while others enjoy the benefits of this route. For just about any substance, rectal administration is second only to parenteral administration (IV, IM, SC). Anything that can keep people away from the needle is worth a try. The onset is quick and in my experience, the effects are generally stronger than with say, oral administration; or at least they feel stronger, which is all that really matters right?

It shouldn't be "hit or miss" it's relatively simple. Make solution, insert, push plunger, lay on side and be aware of gravity. This is all common sense. Lay in a position in which the solution is least likely to "escape". On your side, or flat on your stomach for at least 5 minutes and you will be fine.

You'll find threads where people are complaining about the ROA being ineffective when they have simply stuck a Percocet up their ass. Being informed is key when using drugs, or doing anything really.

plugging is a great ROA! close to iv as it gets without a needle....who cares what people say about it being "gay". is using a Promethazine suppository instead of an oral tablet "gay"?

^So true. It's psychology 101 that those who call others gay or imply that certain behaviors are gay are insecure about there own sexuality.

The only opiates that are worth plugging are the ones with low oral BA..

Perfect example are Dilaudid, Opana, and Morphine...

But Oxycodone and Hydrocodone already have a high oral BA, making it not that worth it to plug them.. sure you would get slightly better BA with plugging them.. but not THAT much better. It's a hassle to get an extra 5-10% BA IMO.

I did alot of research on plugging only to find alot of controversial conversation saying that it was a hit or miss.

A beginner in plugging will miss some shots, but eventually as he learns and gets better, delivery should be predictable will little to no surprises.

For me, plugging is the best way aside from IV to get the most out of your drug.

Ever since I discovered Rectal ROA 10 years ago, I never looked back. No stomach upsets, predictable onset (kicks in fast all at once). By the time I pull up my skinny jeans and step out the bathroom, it kicks in, and within 20 minutes it kicks-in into full force)

I've been plugging my Rx (Methylphenidate IR) therapeutically, at half the prescribed oral dose. I've been plugging 10mg Methylphenidate IR, 3x a day, every workday. After plugging therapeutically, I would just find a place to seat and wait 15 minutes for energy levels to stabilize. It lasts approx 4 hours with no peaks, spikes and/or other unexpected surprises. After which, another visit to the bathroom.

Plugging the rest on the week-ends at recreational doses. Tolerance builds up fast when I'm plugging at recreational doses (Saturday: 40mg, 5 times a day, Sunday 50mg, 5 times a day due to tolerance).

Putting a small syringe or sucker up your butt isn't as bad as it sounds, and I'm as straight as they come.

I'm also straight male (Asexual locked in chastity, romantically and physically attracted only to woman) I've been poking a syringe up my butt to take my meds, 3 times a day, every day for the last decade. It's a routine I got accustomed, I don't even feel anything. At the beginning it felt awkward sticking the syringe up the bum... but quickly got over it.

Before plugging I make sure bowels are clean. Shoot standing straight, clean, jump on my skinny jeans, step out. I don't go through the trouble to lie on the side.
On my "recreational" week-ends, I would also wear a steel nJoy butt Plug (removing it before plugging and putting it back immediately after). The plug keeps the lower rectum clear from feces, amplifies the buzz, and seals liquid inside.

^kleinerkiffer gonna respond to you like this cause the reply page is being weird and won't let me use the space bar? but whatever anyway -- what do you think of C6G contributing to the metabolism of codeine which makes up a rather larger proportion and is active compared to the morphine metabolite.

^kleinerkiffer gonna respond to you like this cause the reply page is being weird and won't let me use the space bar? but whatever anyway -- what do you think of C6G contributing to the metabolism of codeine which makes up a rather larger proportion and is active compared to the morphine metabolite.

Tbh, I never thought about other metabolites than morphine, because everyone is saying that morphine is responsible for the main effects of codeine, but given that only 0-15% of codeine are metabolized to morphine and people with the CYP2D6 polymorphism making them poor metabolizers do get some effects it seems that C6G could play a major role.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15102399
Centrally administered codeine glucuronide has been shown to exhibit antinociceptive properties with decreased immunosuppressive effects compared to codeine. In this study, codeine-6-glucuronide was administered to rats, and its analgesic effect was compared to that of codeine. The concentrations of codeine and its metabolites in plasma and brain were also determined at the peak response time after administration of each compound. Receptor-binding studies with rat brain homogenates and affinity profiles were also determined. Intravenous administration of codeine-6-glucuronide resulted in approximately 60% of the analgesic response elicited by codeine itself. Analysis of plasma and brain showed that codeine-6-glucuronide is relatively stable in vivo, with only small amounts of morphine-6-glucuronide being detected in addition to unchanged codeine-6-glucuronide. The receptor affinity of codeine-6-glucuronide was similar to that of codeine. It is concluded that intravenously administered codeine-6-glucuronide possesses analgesic activity similar to that of codeine, and may have clinical benefit in the treatment of pain

I'll search for the affinity, intrinsic activity etc as soon as I have more time

Well it would make sense that it would be active, but I can't imagine it being even close to morphine. It would also be excreted relatively rapidly, and it's probably much less permeable to the BBB

I prefer plugging there's nothing wrong with it at all..I do I daily with strong codeine I sometimes have to nick a bit of my misses lube like but I'm certainly not gay!

Do the veins that absorb the opioid your plugging inside your anus also absorb the pill binders as well? I mean, if you just crush up a few pills of hydromorphone or morphine and shake them with like 3-5 mL's of warm water....I'm guessing your body absorbs whatever fillers happen to dissolve into the water? Or does your body have some way of filtering out the binders/fillers and keeping the opioid that is in the water?

Codeine will be metabolized into Morphine no matter the route that it's ingested.

This is correct, but if you don't take it orally, you bypass first-pass metabolism. This would probably increase the amount of codeine that is glucoronidated

I've tried it about 5 times with dihydrocodeine 40mg tablets and had varying levels of success. The one time it worked, boy was I impressed! The other times it just shot back out as I was pushing the plunger in (TMI). Not sure if I was aiming it wrong or just didn't have it in deep enough (TMI again) or what. I laid on my side and used a monoject syringe and water.

I wish it was possible to plug kratom tea minus the powder, because that shit hurts my stomach (even without the powder). Ugh. Still nursing an ulcer from downing too much kratom a month ago.

Ok, first off, IM Codiene is 1.5x as potent as oral, fact is, drugs w/ high oral BA% have very little first pass metabolism, so alternate routes are better(As far as pro-drugs go, generally speaking)
(Perfect example: IV Tramadol produces, on average, double the plasma levels of M1, it's active metabolite, so is basically twice as potent, with a faster(albeit still delayed) onset. )

As to "plugging", with most opioids, it actually results in a slower onset. Studies confirm this.

It i because rectal is basically like sublingual administration, except with a larger surface area.

Now don't get me wrong. Rectal heroin has a scent onset, but snorting it is still faster.

And, most, not all, of a dose avoids first pass metabolism w/ rectal.

Really, it is not a good method, for the vast majority of opioids.

Example: oxycodone: oral: Tmax 1.5-2h, BA 35-90%, mean 50%*, rectal: Tmax 2-4h, BA is basically identical.

Rectal morphine is absorbed poorly and slowly(low lipid and modest water solubility).

Just giving facts.

The Truth is out there...

This is correct, but if you don't take it orally, you bypass first-pass metabolism. This would probably increase the amount of codeine that is glucoronidated

Exactly
By swallowing it all absorbed codeine will go to the liver via the Vena portae hepatic where it's metabolized by CYP2D6
If you plug it it's absorbed and a part goes to the Vena portae hepatic but another part goes to the Vena cavea,(both via Plexus venosus rectalis) so only a part is metabolized via first pass metabolism