• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Plugging Methadone?

alex_anders_8

Greenlighter
I don't need any safety lectures, I am aware of how dangerous Methadone is and how easy it is to OD on. However, I have been on Methadone for 3 years and on opiates in general for about 4 years so I know how the drug affects me and my tolerance levels.
I have been plugging Dihydrocodeine recently as I got box of 100 Co-Dydramol (500/10mg) and have been doing a CWE and using an oral syringe to absorb rectally. Btw - does anyone happen to know the BA of DHC via different routes? I heard that oral is a mere 20% but what is it rectally? It must be a significant amount more as I feel a huge difference.

I was considering plugging some of my Methadone and just taking the rest orally as directed. Does Methadone have a higher rectal BA or higher oral BA? I was thinking about plugging maybe 5-10mg. What do you think?

Background info:
I am on 50mg/50ml of methadone a day and have been on it for a little over three years. During this time I have used various opioids on and off (codeine, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, oxycodone, buprenorphine, heroin, fentanyl).
I have very little experience with heroin. I was hospitalized for very severe acute pancreatitis in 2011 (alcohol induced...8 months sober right now) and was given IV morphine 6 times a day for 10 weeks. That is how I got hooked on opiates and 99% of what I have taken is prescription (prescribed drugs, not prescribed DOSES), not heroin (usually oxycodone or morphine).
I have taken a double-dose of methadone many times and not felt that much difference.
I weight 120lb.

Thanks in advance if you read this :)

Just so you know starting your very first post with "I don't need any safety lectures" is a pretty poor first introduction. This site is first and foremost a harm reduction website(aka safety). So with your very first post explaining how you don't care about safety you do not set yourself up for a lot of help.

Also while we are at it I might as well give you the UTSE speech: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/719456-Using-Methadone-rectally

I found that in all of about two seconds. I would recommend brushing up on the rules of this forum.

So with all that said welcome to the forum and be safe :)

Sorry about that! I actually just created this account when my laptop break and I lost access to my old account on here. I didn't mean for it to come off as me being a bitch or anything.

Thanks for the help and being polite! I've been absent for a while (14 months between my laptop breaking and me getting a new one this week) so I will give the rules a read-through to make sure I don't break any.

Happens to the best of us lol, and more so because I saw a "1" next to posts. I probably would not have said anything if I knew you were an existing member and you just didn't want to hear the safety speech again hahaha. God knows we all do or have done stupid and reckless stuff. But that is why this site exists, to mitigate any damage done to someone.

BA of oral methadone is very high due to its fat solubility I thought. You might be able to get a more 'rushy' effect from plugging it but that's not a guarantee.

And the BA of oral dihydrocodeine is also quite high, in the 90s... only 10-20% is converted to dihydromorphine in the liver though.

If you're on 50mg of methadone a day and doubling your dose doesn't do much, there's pretty much no chance you'll be able to get a buzz off of plugging 10mg of methadone.

When I didn't take methadone daily I snorted as much as I could from a 25mg Methadol pill because it burned too much, not the worst but still too much to get through the entire pill. I finished only a half or so and although instead of its usual 1.5hrs onset to peak it took about 15-20min to come on but nothing special and I couldn't notice as it was too little the dose and was already high from oral ingestion.

The oral bioavailability of methadone like mentioned is very high already as it is however methadone like cannabis is fat soluble. This is not important as far as bioavailability goes but it is important to know for the following reason, and I only recently discovered this on opiofile where there is thread on it.

Since methadone is fat soluble that means, once a person gets the methadone from his MMT clinic put through a moderately simple process involving a specific amount of lye to be added to about 100mg methadone and heating this mix in the microwave for a short period, and cooling down the small volume that results to the point it evaporates and leaves pure methadone crystals left to be smoked (like heroin on tinfoil). The part about methadone being fat soluble is now very, very important! Intravenous injection of methadone goes directly to your bloodstream but smoking the methadone not only gets delivered to your bloodstream by the time you blow the smoke out but because its in your lungs it is absorbed by the entire body including the body's fat, which people who have done this say it beats the living shit out of I.V. and can only be comparable to the crack of opioids. I have yet to try it and a friend of mine actually went ahead and did this but something went wrong during the lye part or the microwave part because the end result contained lye in it, and the purpose of the microwave is to remove the lye and to crystalize the methadone, not to mention his dose was quite small about 55mg while others the smallest was 90mg-100mg (visible amounts were they crystals). However for those who find the thread or those that attempt to do this and even more so for the ones for whom this works, don't be so happy because its going to be your worst enemy and instead *any* hope to get off is completely gone, if methadone is fucking you up via this method you can forget about the much weaker Suboxone.

Last edited: