• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging liquid Methadone?

VeraEllenFirefly

Bluelighter
I was wondering what prep would be necessary to plug liquid Methadone and is it ok to plug what I would normally take orally or should I use less when changing the ROA?

Thanks!

I plugged some methadone once... to my chagrin, I went online shortly thereafter and learned that the oral bioavailability of methadone is 80%+ (84%, I think)

I dunno about you, but I'm generally not going to squirt something up my bum for +10%.

But that's just me.

One of the mods was commenting on another thread saying that when he plugged Methadone that it gave him a totally different high. Said it was very much worth it. He was commenting on how to plug the pill form, not the oral. Just didn't know how to prep it....

The prep for liquid methadone via rectal administration wouldn't be any different than the prep needed to rectally administer methadone pills.

You probably want to add some water to the liquid methadone in order to aid absorption, but not too much. It can uncomfortable to squirt a lot of liquid up there, there is a greater chance of leakage, and the drugs will absorb slower if you plug using too much volume. So just use a little bit of water to make the solution more manageable (thinner, ie not so thick of a solution) but not so much that you drastically increase the volume too much.

I have never done this with liquid methadone so I am just speculating, but it should work.

I plugged some methadone once... to my chagrin, I went online shortly thereafter and learned that the oral bioavailability of methadone is 80%+ (84%, I think)

I dunno about you, but I'm generally not going to squirt something up my bum for +10%.

But that's just me.

Increased Bioavailability actaully isn't the the reason the rectal ROA is superior to oral, it's the increased onset time. As we all know, Methadone can take hours to peak. For myself, it takes about 5 hours before I feel the maximum effect from Methadone. When used rectally, this onset time is increased to about 15 minutes with the peak in a couple of hours.

You don't need to do anything to liquid Methadone before administering it rectally. It's already in a solution and ready to go. The only issue you may encounter is the volume of liquid required. It depends on the person, but 25ml - 50ml is about the capacity of your rectum before you start encountering leakage. You might need to split the dose up into 30 minute intervals to make sure nothing is wasted. Liquid is absorbed pretty rapidly, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

OP, I would appreciate you reporting back to confirm what I've stated here. I'm pretty sure you'll have a positive result, but I think myself and others would like to know how it worked for you. How much are you using and how many bottles does that equal?

I will be using a dose of 60 milligrams. Because it is a take-home dose the pharmacist will have dispensed the Methadone into the bottle then topped it off with water. I would say I'll be looking at about an ounce of liquid total. I appreciate you providing me with this information. Reading the info you gave to another poster about plugging Methadone intrigued me greatly. This will be the first time I have plugged any drug, ever. I'm quite excited to see what the result will be. I will happily report back about my experience. Will be doing this tomorrow.

I will be using a dose of 60 milligrams. Because it is a take-home dose the pharmacist will have dispensed the Methadone into the bottle then topped it off with water. I would say I'll be looking at about an ounce of liquid total. I appreciate you providing me with this information. Reading the info you gave to another poster about plugging Methadone intrigued me greatly. This will be the first time I have plugged any drug, ever. I'm quite excited to see what the result will be. I will happily report back about my experience. Will be doing this tomorrow.
Just stumbled on this thread, and would be interested if you are still around on the site, and wonder if you tried this.

You just need to concentrate the liquid in as little volume as possible. Don't know the evaporation point of methadone, when it's high enough you could put it into the microwave. Some people do that with ketamine to get the crystals out of liquid. As it's syrup you won't get crystals but for plugging just a concentrated maybe 2ml amount is well enough.

Would say that it won't change much as methadone doesn't hit fast and has good oral BA.

Just stumbled on this thread, and would be interested if you are still around on the site, and wonder if you tried this.
How did you like it? I get 120 mgs and I’ve tried it before but can’t really tell a difference because of the high BA of Methadone.