• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Plugging - Am I doing it right?

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hey, so I have had a couple of attempts at plugging Dihydrocodeine.

My usual oral dose is between 300mg & 450mg.

I've tried plugging it several times but with little effect.

My method is as follows,

- Crush up 7 x 30mg DHC IR pills
- Mix with a small amount of warm water
- Draw up into mouth syringe
- Insert syringe ~ 1 inch into anus
- Inject solution and wait ~ 5 minutes on side.

Where am I going wrong? I get much more effect from the oral dose which as far as I am aware has a pretty low Bioavailability (20%).

Cheers.

Your method seems good. Maybe take a look at this http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/206901-Official-Rectal-Admin-Plugging-Thread
Iirc dihydrocodeine is a prodrug and thus needs to be metabolized to dihydromorphine. By rectal administration you bypass first pass metabolism partially, so you loose some of the dihydromorphine. And in addition some pills are chemically retarded so just grinding them up won't be enough. So just stick with taking them oral.

are you making sure you've no shit in there beforehand?

Blunt and to the point, yes.

I think I have came to the conclusion that DHC just isn't the drug for me. No matter what ROA I use it is still far superseded by regular Codeine Phosphate.

" I just want to state for the record, that DHC is NOT a prodrug, in fact the amount concerted to DHM is so small that it's practically useless. And, first pass metabolism has nothing to do with the pro-drug opioids(like codeine, tramadol) converting to active forms, they get converted by the liver regardless, first pass just destroys a large portion of the drug."

You are right about DHC being no prodrug, shouldn't have trusted my source blindly
First pass metabolism can mean that the prodrug gets converted to the active metabolite by the liver, after absorption in the stomach and intestine into the blood stream. when you take the prodrug oral, everything will go to the liver, but if you take the prodrug rectal some of it will go into the venae cavae (this is the small part you lose) and most of it will go into the portal venous system, we're it will travel to the liver and gets metabolized.
But there are other prodrugs that will be destroyed by the liver and get metabolized after passing the blood brain barrier for example.

Last edited:
Oh well, I think I misunderstood some things I've read so just forget what I wrote. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ive plugged dhc a few times and found it wasnt all that great, maybe as good as or marginally stronger than oral, so i just stuck to eating them.

some people totally prefer codeine due to the more sleepy euphoric high but i like dhc as it lasts way longer and is nice and uplifting.

i've tried plugging myself the same way you have OP.. always with a lower then oral or nasal dose, assuming i'd be getting a better high... doesn't seem to be much different to me. :\ keep saying i'll do a high dose but not into enema's so the timing is just never right for me.