• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Plugged 40mg Ritalin with no tolerance - no effects?

aluminium-train

Greenlighter
Hello, BL.

So, I have little to no tolerance when it comes to methylphenidate. Have done it once before - tried eating 10mg, shooting 20mg, and snorting 10mg, in the same period of time (eating and snorting did nothing, shooting made me a bit jittery, but with no consistent high; too anxious to be enjoyable, and it also faded quickly). So, roughly, in my life, I did less than 50mg.

I am familiar with shoothing cocaine (I haven't in a while - did it four times in the past 7 months, all of them spaced out, and each one with an amount of only three 'decent' shots - I know it's too addictive and habit-forming, and I have a bad history). It has become something I do every once in a blue moon, whenever I crave it more than I can bare; the difference is I now respect myself, my life and my schedule, and attained some self-control, as I do not want to go on full-blown addiction ever again.

Anyway: for the second round with ritalin (a week after the first), I plugged 40mg. I know ritalin wouldn't give me the cocaine-like feeling, and I've done it basically so I could focus on my books - I study philosophy, but get distracted easily. It's on the 20 minute mark, and all the methylphenidate managed to do was 'waking me up'.
I got out of bed still a little buzzed from my clonazepam (I take it every now and then to sleep well, last night I plugged about 8.5mg - I have a high tolerance). The methylphenidate did make me awake, but that's about it.
Both times I've done it I've combined with a nice amount of caffeine, hoping to increase the effects, but basically I feel nothing besides awakeness.
I've read plugging was the most benefitial ROA, as I do not want to make shooting pills a habit (would rather get back on cocaine and at least give myself a nice rush - with much less risk involved).

So, what is the matter? Can one have a 'natural tolerance', or something like that? I think 40mg would provide a nice high to one with no previous use.
Can someone explain this, or give any advice?

(Sorry for the long post, thought explaining my history would help clarify the things a bit.)
Keep safe!