• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog Please use fresh needles and Citric, not vinegar- Infection photo *NSFW*.

UK Warrior

Bluelighter
Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing OK.

I have been clean since I started my Subutex, but unfortunately I have an infection from injecting with vinegar as the acid and re using blunt needles- I did this as I was trying to hide it from my Mum, so didn't want lots of needles in my room, the same reason I had no Citric acid.

I am on Flucloxacillin at the moment, nearly finished the course but will likely need more to clear it up.

I apologise if there are more photos than there should be, I am only getting used to how to share photos with everyone but think people should know infection can happen to anyone who goes the IV route even if you think it won't.

post pictures

Be safe people.

Damn man this sucks, but thanks for posting your experience for others to get a glimpse. I'm just gonna put an NSFW tag on your thread title just in case anyone is squeamish about seeing these types of pics.

Damn man this sucks, but thanks for posting your experience for others to get a glimpse. I'm just gonna put an NSFW tag on your thread title just in case anyone is squeamish about seeing these types of pics.
Hopefully it will heal, I'm just worried about the black part in the middle its quite deep. If these antibiotics don't work the pharmacist advised me to ask for others, but getting an appointment at the moment is a nightmare and its over the phone!

I should of done that the NSFW tag, apologies there still getting back to myself and I hope even though its not the worst it will put just one person off of IV use.

EDIT: And thank you for keeping this up. When I was younger I never got infections from IV but it seems now I am, lucky I have stopped but lets hope its in time.

Last edited:
Hows your wound healing up buddy?

Worst of all is lemon juice. I can't believe people actually shoot that shit. I mean citric acid is not hard to get.

Fortunately here #3 heroin is pretty rare. On the unusual occasions I use it I just use citric. Haven't had a problem yet.

I really hope it gets better soon. A few years ago I had an injury that got infected (nothing to do with drugs) and it looked a lot like that. Iirc they gave me antibiotics and after a few months it was pretty much back to normal. There was a scar for a while but now I can't find it (this was like 5 years back).

Wow, thanks for the pictures. I really hope you can learn a lesson from this!

I used bleach water to clean my old needles when I was still using. I never shot the bleach in though..That's just crazy trumpian talk and citric? man..who comes up with this nonsense? Citric acid doesn't sterilize anything. it's a nutrient.. duh..

Hows your wound healing up buddy?
Sorry I haven't been on for a while, but they are getting there. I still have a scab on the back of my wrist, but the worst one I am going to add now.

Where I overdosed, I hit my head. It was those sites when I went over. My head broke the toilet seat as far as we could work out as it was broken. I must have stood up after going over and fell backwards.

@JessFR I have used lemon juice in the past when I had nothing else. The local exchange was often out of fresh packs of kits, and also where I was hiding it bringing in a big packet of needles, spoons, citric and a sharps box was dodgy to get into my house without my Mum noticing.

Since then my head was not healing, until around a few weeks ago I touched my head, and a whole clump of my head and SCALP came off. I may need a skin graft if it does not heal and will always be bald here either way, sorry if this is gruesome

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ds
So I overdosed, got two abscesses, a big head injury that is open, many courses of antibiotics, plus many hospital trips and possible surgery. I have no veins that can be found without ultrasound in my arms now.

Please, please stay away from I.V, and if you do go this route, use fresh equipment and rotate sites. Do not use vinegar or lemon juice to break down heroin, stick to what comes from the needle exchange if you must use this way.

I used bleach water to clean my old needles when I was still using. I never shot the bleach in though..That's just crazy trumpian talk and citric? man..who comes up with this nonsense? Citric acid doesn't sterilize anything. it's a nutrient.. duh..
Citric acid isn't to sterilise anything. Here in the UK the heroin we get needs an acid to be added with the water and heat applied to be able to inject it. The needle exchanges give citric acid in needle packs exactly for that with small sterile spoons for cooking.

I was using vinegar as the acid instead of citric as I was hiding the habit, and vinegar does the same thing but is NOT sterile like citric that comes in packs.