• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Please someone help

Sofedup

Greenlighter
I'll try to make this short. I'm addicted to h with fentanyl in it. I have waited up to 36 hours to take suboxone and I keep going into precipitated withdrawal. I've heard that if you take a ton more sub you can get out of it. I can't wait more than 36 hours because the obsession to use is so powerful and I always give in. I used to today at 9pm and plan to take subs tomorrow at 12pm. I know I'll go into p.w. but I'm going to try to take like 6 more subs. Please help I don't know what to do...

Also will the precipitated withdrawal be worse if I take it 12 hours after heroin use versus taking it after 24 hours after use? Thanks!

Fentanyl has a short half life so in theory you can start sooner, but still wait until your in a high level of withdrawals in the clinical opiate withdrawal scale (COWS) sheet. Look up that in the suboxone megathread and in I'm guessing Google if not the library when to start suboxone safety without precipitated withdrawal (PWD)

You could always use legal alternatives to supplement and help ease the withdrawals if you really are serious about quitting. I know your thinking "Legal? Must not be worth crap"... Well, just check out Tianeptine Sodium/Sulfate, Phenibut, Kratom, and plenty more im sure if you do some digging

24 hours should be easiy enough if youre using h/fent. just wait until youre obviously in withdrawals. i have no idea why you would be going into precipitated wd's after 36 hours of abstinence unless it's cut wth a longer acting opioid like methadone.

the PW's are worse the sooner you use bupe, yes. so the PW's will be worse after 12 hours than 24. you should really wait until the withdrawals become unbearable. good luck

What about dilaudid?

Regardless of the opioid, best results are usually obtained by waiting till you are raw and in the most acute stage of withdrawal as possible. Dilaudid does have a short halflife / duration of effect compared to H or Morphine but it still needs to be purged out of your system to obtain a comfortable induction on Subs/ buprenorphine.

Does the amount matter or just last dose?

You could be a fast / slow metabolizer so there is no real set time other than the 36 hour rule. By using a reference (like C.O.W.S.) to gauge the severity of your w/d symptoms you can determine a relatively safe time frame to begin Buprenorphine induction and avoid Precipitated w/d's.

I don't have any advice, but just want to offer you encouragement. I've been shooting Oxy since August and have unlimited access, so I haven't been able to make myself stop long enough to get onto Subs either. I finally decided to go to Mexico and undergo ibogaine detox. It's supposed to be a miracle drug. 18-36 hour trip and no withdrawals once you come down. I leave on Saturday. Good luck.