• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Please keep Fairnymph in your thoughts and prayers (RIP Ryan)

Julia

You are constantly in my thoughts and I pray that you are able to have better days.

From one wife to another, there is no greater love than a wife has for her husband. The love that you had for him goes beyond this world, and in my heart of hearts I know that he knew exactly how much you loved and cared for him.

You don't have to struggle through this alone, I am a drive or a phone call away. I will be here for you anytime you need a friend. *hugs*

terribly sorry about your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family. stay strong and live your life in honor of his.

My deepest sympathies, Julia. I feel so helpless being so far away. Please do keep me informed about the charity. I would like to make a contribution. We have Western Union here so it's not a problem to wire money.

Take care Fairnymph, you also have my deepest sympathies!

I have been lurking these boards for about 5 years and you stood out from the beginning as a truly special and amazing person. This whole thing has affected me deeply also because of my own battles with fentanyl.

You seem very strong in your posts in this thread which I think is really great.
Lean on friends and don't be afraid to hurt, sometimes being too strong can also cause more pain in the end(well it did for me when I lost a loved one).

Whichever way you deal with this tragic loss is fine because you'll get through it somehow.

I which you a lot of strength and I will also be donating!

Last edited:
I don't know you personally, Julia, but I know how horrible it is to lose someone so close. You come across as a very strong person, and I know you'll get through this. I don't believe in God so I won't pray for you, but I'll keep you in my thoughts.

FairNymph,

As someone who has both lost a partner suddenly and as someone who feels he cheated death after paramedics revived me after a 1,4B overdose; I am deeply shocked and saddened at the loss of your husband. The only advice I can offer is to be strong. Xmas/NY was the worst time of my life and it seemed that each day was worse than the previous, but life does pick up even if it shapes you permanently.

RIP Ryan.

This is tragic. So sorry to hear of your loss fairynymph.

R.I.P. Ryan.

The love of your friends and family is testament to what a beautiful spirit you are.

I've never conversed with you before Julia, and nor do I frequent the lounge. But it's clear to me that you are well loved and thought of around here. And if truth Be known, when something like this happens we don't need to know one another. I think we can all imagine the horror of losing someone close to us. Or at least have a fear of it ever happening. I feel your pain and I'm truly sorry. Be strong.

wow. i come back to the forum to this. fuck that sucks. i didn't know you or him personally Julia but it still sucks when something like this happens

Thank you EVERYONE for your wonderful thoughts, comments, and support during this time.

A scholarship in Ryan's name is being set up at his undergraduate university and I just received the donation information for those who are interested in honouring Ryan in this manner. The funds will go towards undergraduates in chemistry who have done research and wish to present their findings at national conferences, to pay for travel and conference expenses. The plan is an annual award of this type.

Certainly do not feel obliged to donate; it is solely up to you if you have the money and desire to do so.

Gifts may be made by check, made out to Santa Clara University with
the notation In Memory of Ryan Brown. They should be sent to

Erin Gay
Assistant Director, Special Gifts
Development Office
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, CA 95053

:( stay strong, stay close to the ones you love, and know that even though he's gone his love for you will always remain.

Fuck why didnt I read this earlier. I know the whole idea of 'Stickys' is to make sure you read em but they are always the same stuff.. not this time though..

FN: I dont even know what to say.. im so sorry.. I didnt know you (or Ryan) personally but I always saw your posts and I guess it does feel like I do know you on some sort of level. I feel for you and I have been in the same sort of situation myself with a boyfriend, he died after taking MDMA and had an asthma attack and several heart attacks, he was only 17. His family kept him alive on a ventilator for a month. Too long..
My thoughts are with you & your family.
Love Lex

I love the idea of the chemistry related scholarship fund in honor of Ryan! It is definitely the most fitting for him. Hopefully I can donate something soon.

I still can't believe he's gone :(. It sucks not having my best friend to talk to online or see on the weekends. I was a close friend of his, but I can only imagine what his direct family is going through. Once again I must say, my love goes out to everyone who knew him, especially Julia, his father, siblings, and his other close friends.

RIP brother.

i just logged on for the first time in ages, this is the first thread i've read :(
i have no idea what to say other than i'm so sorry hun, take care <3

I just saw this today and even though I didn't know Ryan, I cried for him.

To the lovely Julia- You are in my thoughts. I can only imagine what you're going through. <3