• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Please help!

Stephculera@gmail.

Greenlighter
Hi I was taking Valium for 4 yrs once at night it was 10 mg then I started taking just 5mg once at night for 2 of those 4 yrs and gradually brought it down to .25 during this time I started to get sick mentally and physically I started to feel like I was detatched from the world witch made me scared it literally happened one day to the next I started hearing a buzzing noise I guess is called tinnitus then the worst I started having palpitations it was awful and scary I was very sick I couldn't sit up without my blood pressure going sky high and my pulse raising significantly I also couldn't walk my balance was off so bad I couldn't even take a shower alone I have Ben going g through this for 19 months it has gotten better my anxiety and me being scared is the worst along with my heart trouble I'm 32 yrs old I don't knw if this is because of the Valium or not ive had numerous tests echo holter monitoring witch showed extra beats and tachycardia but nothing like it was blood tests even for rare disease beacue I lived in mexico those 5 yrs I was taki g the meds and I started getting very sick out of no where before all these symptoms came on I had some vomiting and a rash on my back then a rash on my face witch the docs thought I had lupus but my ANA came back negative and also negative on a bunch of other tests as well.the sacriest part of all this was when I felt like I was in a bubble I thought I was going crazy literally I cried and asked god to get me through the night the day this happened I'm trying to figure out if this is all because of me lowering the Valium dose they put me on xanax witch I did a slow tapper like the Valium I'm getting better still bad extra beats stc and bad anxiety I also get this weird head pressure and my head hurts a lot we can't find an answer the docs say that all of these things can't be because of of the 5 yrs I took Valium just one at night and then changes to xanax for a year it has been about a year since the last Valium and the xanax has been about a couple weeks with just a tee tiny little but of the xanax literally a crum if I do take more than that of xanax it just makes me feel weird like I'm super sensitized to the meds now I don't but if anyone has had theses symptoms please let me.knw I'm confused thinking there is something going in in my body and its not the meds I was in the docs making feel that I have something else going in but can't find it help please thanks I really need some input

but it sounds more like something you should be talking to your doc with after skimming it quickly...

Dude- typical benzo withdrawal symptoms. YES they were from you taking the diazepam for 5 years. The weird feeling you feel is depersonalization/ derealization. It feels like you're living in a foggy world, looking out through a fishbowl or some shit. The tinnitus and head pressure is also benzo withdrawal without a doubt.

What dose of xanax are you on? I get that you just jumped off?

That's ass backwards to give you xanax to get off of valium- it's always the other way around- you want to use a long acting benzo to taper because it's more gradual and smooth. Also, 10mg valium = .5mg xanax, so it's easier to make cuts with the valium.

I recommend googling The Ashton Manual, reading it thoroughly, and taking it to your doctor to start you on a proper valium taper. It should be done EXTREMELY slow, considering the length of time you've been on benzos- maybe making the taper for even a year or more if you need to. There's no reason to feel shitty during benzo withdrawal when you can taper slow.

For example, you could try to reinstate at 5 or 10mgs valium and do a very slow taper from that- only making cuts when you're comfortable. Or you can choose to ride out the withdrawal you are feeling now- but the thing is, benzo withdrawal isn't linear, meaning you don't feel yourself gradually getting better as the days go by- you get windows of time where you feel normal, and they begin to get bigger and longer until healed. Benzo withdrawal can last a very long time, not to scare you but it's the truth. You're looking at possibly a few more months of misery or even more. Or it could be less....

Last edited: