• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help with symptoms!

In-take

Greenlighter
Hi so I'm new to this I'm not quite sure how it works but im going to try my best so please bare with me. So I've been using opiates for about 2 years on and off I have relapsed recently I'm trying to quit yet again but the last time I quit I went through the withdrawals, as I was out in public thankfully I had a family member with me but I just passed out all I remember is standing & got really weak and disoriented but I was told I took a couple steps then just fell on my family member & lost all control of bodily functions resulting in thinking I had died I was unresponsive for about 2-3 minutes by the time ambulance got to me I was back around and went to the hospital oh also I just had found out I was 9 weeks pregnant and they said nothing was wrong they couldn't do anything for me so I just wrote it off..UNTIL months later I was 8 months pregnant I was home putting my daughters crib together when I blanked out again but this time I didnt remember anything except my legs and feet didn't feel right again a hospital trip and they didn't do anything just said it must of been a blood sugar thing sending me on my way, then about 2 weeks later I was laying in bed when all of a sudden my left eye went blind so I decided to take a nap just thinking it was nerves knowing my due date was soon when I had woken up again my left side felt limped my face and everything this time I went to my obgyn and they had done nothing also just induced my pregnancy saying it had to do with being pregnant but now that I had told my little story my question is has any one else experienced this from opiate withdrawal that has scared me from quitting in fear that it could happen again I know ive heard quite a few people say there are short term and long term symptoms and I was wondering if it is a long term symptom or is there something seriously wrong with me.

P.S. as a baby and toddler I had 2-3 seizures if that helps.

First and foremost WELCOME TO BLUELIGHT! We don't bite and are mostly all nice. As to your question, I am not a big opioiuser myself. but reading your post makes it sound like you may have had some sort of stroke. I would definitely be getting that looked at ASAP. That isn't nothing. Your whole left side doesn't just go limp from opioid withdrawal.

Or maybe you have some form of epilepsy. When you have these seizures, do things feel weird as it starts, can you hear a nang nang nang nang sound ringing in your ear and get sortve tunnel vision? Or is it just completely random and acute(sudden).

It happened pretty sudden at random times but it thankfully doesn't happen if I take my opiates and it only happened when I was pregnant when I have stopped before nothing like that would happen so I'm hoping when I quit it doesn't happen again

Honestly the left side going numb makes me think stroke. Definitely make sure a doctor hears these concerns and runs some tests.