• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PLEASE HELP with Oxycodone Side Effects

ZhongGuoHaiZi

Greenlighter
Hi there, I really need some help here. :( 8( :p

My friend recently had her wisdom teeth removed and is taking an unknown doseage of oxycodone to handle the pain from the surgery. Unfortunately, she is having some side effects that she cannot handle, such as dizziness, random sleepiness, muscle relaxations and tensions, and recently full-fledged audio and visual hallucinations. She's taking two every 6 hours, and that's as much as I know for doseage right now, an update may ensue. I need to know if there's any way at all for her to take something (like how grapefruit juice intensifies DXM trips) that would mitigate her side effects. Thank you so much for any feedback.

Its simple as take one pill instead of two every 6 hours starting at her next dose. If shes really getting bad side effects even reduce it to a half of a pill. If she is prescribed oxycodone (percocet) 10 mg, which is what a friend of mine got after a similar surgery, or even 7.5mg pills, then i am positive her bottle says take one every 6 hours as needed. This alone is already higher than a lot of people should start out with, so definately split her dose in half or a quarter starting whenever she needs the next dose and you will not have near the magnitude of side effects. Hell a seasoned user would catch a good buzz off 20 mg of percocet... way to much

sounds like it could be residual effects from the general anesthesia, if not, she's taking too much. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
is your friend safe? does anyone live with her? cause having full, vivid hallucinations, especially when under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol

i would suggest your friend switch to ibuprofen and, is she's suitably compus mentis, arrange an appointment with her GP/dentist asap

800mg IBU is a highly effective medication to manage pain (often related to inflammation) post dental surgery.

Its simple as take one pill instead of two every 6 hours starting at her next dose. If shes really getting bad side effects even reduce it to a half of a pill. If she is prescribed oxycodone (percocet) 10 mg, which is what a friend of mine got after a similar surgery, or even 7.5mg pills, then i am positive her bottle says take one every 6 hours as needed. This alone is already higher than a lot of people should start out with, so definately split her dose in half or a quarter starting whenever she needs the next dose and you will not have near the magnitude of side effects. Hell a seasoned user would catch a good buzz off 20 mg of percocet... way to much

This. Absolutely correct.

She should not be taking two as an opiate-naive person. Additionally, hallucinations off of these amounts aren't quite normal. She may have a sensitivity.

Perhaps your friend should simply stick to ibuprofen/naproxen

Hi, it sounds like your friend is just taking too much. A dose reduction sounds in place if anything...I got 2 amps [im a big boy] IV Demerol for my wisdom teeth and I was only 17! Jeebus!!!