• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Please Help!! Tightness in my chest and stomach from Crack

Get off of your soapbox the system is already swamped with people trying To go on disability and score drugs so since according to you not much will change let’s go for universal healthcare.. it’s gonn be a hard concept to figure out though since the majority of first world nations have it figured out already. 😉

i disagree. The mental health problems intertwined with drug addiction often include issues that result in problems with taking care of oneself. Sure some people may be a completely lost cause (still should they given up on completely? I don't think so) but a good portion of people just need some help. Sometimes the help doesn't do much, sure, but maybe it will buy them some time and perhaps next time it will stick. Addicts often struggle for the rest of their lives but often - especially with help - they can gain some semblance of better control if not outright 'remission' for a time.
Or if you keep taking away the consequences they’ll never change since people keep helping them. Isn’t that enabling?

That's one way to look at it. Most addicts would continue regardless though, death is just a more likely out come with without any help. Maybe the tough love approach is better in some circumstances? Probably. Across the board, no I don't believe so.

And yes there are lots of leeches sucking off and taking complete advantage of the system. This sucks but I don't think abandoning the system is the answer, I think we just have to expect a certain percentage of the population will do this and plan accordingly. Perhaps better methods can be implemented to better prevent this, I don't know, but just leaving drugs addict out in cold without any help isn't the answer for me.

edit:
forgot to do this
most of the world is trying to come here for a fraction of the opportunities we have.
two words

slave-mentality

does the hyphen make it one?

but seriously, man. i felt the same way (kinda) 20 odd years ago. i can no longer do what i could 5 years ago. i do not have any "safety-net" even though i have worked all my life - from 14 to over fiddy. I have nothing to show for anything I have put into the "pot" from which we all draw. Never been unemployed... til now. Thank the powers that I got that (UI) after a months long struggle and near destitution. Guess I should be thankful....
if i get hurt and have to get medical attention i have to go to the emergency room. of course i do not have the thousands of dollars so 🤷‍♀️. skippy. they get paid from levies on state taxes if any are due return - if one files.
wonder how many can afford insurance in the US? i mean real people; not numbers or stats or diagrams. who can afford 150 usd a month? i couldnt at 10 usd an hour... i could at 30 usd an hour. who gets paid 30 an hour? i mean working people. the ones that keep the economy going. the ones without which (working people) or do have and are sickly, have a liability rather than an asset, yes? the system doesnt work if there are none the do the work. seen?
just opinions.
i do dislike it when people take advantage of everything, though. that sucks.

hey...
welcome to BL.
hope ya find it comfortable.
where did ya do yer time? mind me askin?
peace

edit:
Damn... looking back it appears nikki is ok. sorry saw the context and forgot where i was... my bad. can be trashed
thx

Last edited:
yeah your right, i've always made sure i had health insurance since it is important to me. so you think its more fair for people that do the right thing to take care of the people that don't give a crap? Insurance would be a lot more affordable for everyone if people would stop leeching off the rest of society.
stop making assumptions. people aren't leeching off society, but need help, some may have genetic problems that mean they need medical help to live but are still able to contribute to society.

secondly you are exceptionally privilieged to think that laziness is the only reason people can't take care of themselves, there are physical disabilities, mental health problems, and addictions- which are usually a symptom of someone having been seriously wronged by society and unable to cope so is nothing about self control. i was petrified about what i was doing to my body when i was in my worst but i couldn't stop. i'm in the UK where we have free healthcare and that did not factor into my decision. fixing the damage didn't enter into my decision making, so the associated cost, or lack thereof, didn't either.

btw doing 'a lot of drugs' and having a serious addiction are not the same thing. don't assume you know the latter cos you did the former.

given your philosophy, how do you explain the NHS being better, in terms of dollars spent for outcomes achieved, than the US healthcare system?

in reply to the actual OP

i had the squeakiness in my chest all the time when i was addicted to crack, drove me mental cos i could hear it with every breath. it went pretty quick when i stopped smoking, apart from the occasional time for a few minutes. i don't know what it is, just assumed it was crap in my throat/lungs, but am pretty confident it'll go if you take a break

That's one way to look at it. Most addicts would continue regardless though, death is just a more likely out come with without any help. Maybe the tough love approach is better in some circumstances? Probably. Across the board, no I don't believe so.

And yes there are lots of leeches sucking off and taking complete advantage of the system. This sucks but I don't think abandoning the system is the answer, I think we just have to expect a certain percentage of the population will do this and plan accordingly. Perhaps better methods can be implemented to better prevent this, I don't know, but just leaving drugs addict out in cold without any help isn't the answer for me.
stop making assumptions. people aren't leeching off society, but need help, some may have genetic problems that mean they need medical help to live but are still able to contribute to society.

secondly you are exceptionally privilieged to think that laziness is the only reason people can't take care of themselves, there are physical disabilities, mental health problems, and addictions- which are usually a symptom of someone having been seriously wronged by society and unable to cope so is nothing about self control. i was petrified about what i was doing to my body when i was in my worst but i couldn't stop. i'm in the UK where we have free healthcare and that did not factor into my decision. fixing the damage didn't enter into my decision making, so the associated cost, or lack thereof, didn't either.

btw doing 'a lot of drugs' and having a serious addiction are not the same thing. don't assume you know the latter cos you did the former.

given your philosophy, how do you explain the NHS being better, in terms of dollars spent for outcomes achieved, than the US healthcare system?
So the guy that thinks people should have to earn what they get is privileged lol. There is an extremely small percentage of people that truly cant get up and work every day, the reality is it’s mostly people that don’t want to. I’ve been to over 40 countries with the military and we have it better then 90% of the world and people are able to come here everyday with a fraction of the opportunities we have yet make it work. The reality is amaricans are spoiled and the easier we get it the more they think they deserve.

So the guy that thinks people should have to earn what they get is privileged lol.
yes, because you clearly can. that is a priviledge. you have never been in a position where, through no fault of your own, you have been unable to work.

and btw i do earn what i get, never claimed benefits even when i couldn't work. but i am happy to contribute to a society where those less fortunate than me cannot.

the statistics simply do not agree with your position. there is little evidence for there being a large population of unemplyed people who simply choose not to get jobs. there is ample evidence for failures in education (particularly in the states, where tbh its atorcious), lack of local job opportunities, and lack of incentives for employers to create job opportunites. you expect people with no money to magically make the money to get them a ticket out of where they're stuck with no decent opportunities, and then use that money to get to somewhere with opportunities better than the dead end jobs at home and where they have a genuine chance of securing one?

i've been to over 40 countries too and it didn't make one jot of difference to my opinion. most of the developing countries i've visited made me double down on my view that healthcare and the welfare state are a basic human right.

The healthcare system definitely needs to be improved but
yes, because you clearly can. that is a priviledge. you have never been in a position where, through no fault of your own, you have been unable to work.

and btw i do earn what i get, never claimed benefits even when i couldn't work. but i am happy to contribute to a society where those less fortunate than me cannot.

the statistics simply do not agree with your position. there is little evidence for there being a large population of unemplyed people who simply choose not to get jobs. there is ample evidence for failures in education (particularly in the states, where tbh its atorcious), lack of local job opportunities, and lack of incentives for employers to create job opportunites. you expect people with no money to magically make the money to get them a ticket out of where they're stuck with no decent opportunities, and then use that money to get to somewhere with opportunities better than the dead end jobs at home and where they have a genuine chance of securing one?

i've been to over 40 countries too and it didn't make one jot of difference to my opinion. most of the developing countries i've visited made me double down on my view that healthcare and the welfare state are a basic human right.
you are so full of it, throw these statistics out. Unemployment in my area is high and we can’t get amaricans to show up everyday so they pay immigrants 20+ an hour. It’s sad how many excuses you have and how bad you think we have it when compared to the rest of the world we have it pretty good. Yep just a bunch of outstanding citizens doing the right thing that can’t catch a break because we’re in such a poor country. The militaries an option for everyone as is construction and both of those will get you more then 80% of the world in this country

He's just doing the classic maneuver of transfering responsibility from the institutions (in the private and public sectors) which are failing Americans every day, to the personal failings of individuals. No need to reform anything, it's all these lazy people who are the problem! :cautious:

Also, this line of argument that "it's worse in other countries"...how is that an argument against reform? Just because that the situation is worse somewhere else, or that someone has it worse than you, doesn't mean that your situation isn't bad! And there is AMPLE evidence that Americans DO have it bad, when it comes to healthcare, compared to many other "first world" nations. Pretending that the problems in our healthcare system don't exist won't make them go away. I'm thankful every day that I get to live where I live, but that in no way negates the need for serious reform in both the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, etc.

I swear the downfall of this country being as successful as it has for so long is people like you. It’s crazy you have people in third world countries where there government really did fail them yet they have more pride In there country then a lot of u brats that comparatively have had it pretty good

Come on guys lets stay on topic.

If you want to talk about the prospect of universal health care in America go to the current events and politics forum (I try to stay out of there, although occasionally I get sucked into the bickering despite knowing better).

You ever get lost on a road trip and wonder how the fuck you wound up where you did? Thats kinda how the thread is one of our blue light comrades asked for help and we wound up here.

“nope 36 years old and always held myself accountable. Nothing like a bunch of spoiled amaricans crying about what they don’t have while most of the world is trying to come here for a fraction of the opportunities we have.”
Jesus man how about some compassion for fellow Americans healthcare is a right. No one should die because they can’t pay a bill we aren’t cavemen hunting wooly mammoths and only the strongest get fed. Have some compassion for your fellow humans.. and if you can’t I’m sorry for you sir..
back to the guy with the hurting chest and wheezing lung I hope you are doing better and taking it easy on the illicit substances.

Last edited:
He's just doing the classic maneuver of transfering responsibility from the institutions (in the private and public sectors) which are failing Americans every day, to the personal failings of individuals. No need to reform anything, it's all these lazy people who are the problem! :cautious:

Also, this line of argument that "it's worse in other countries"...how is that an argument against reform? Just because that the situation is worse somewhere else, or that someone has it worse than you, doesn't mean that your situation isn't bad! And there is AMPLE evidence that Americans DO have it bad, when it comes to healthcare, compared to many other "first world" nations. Pretending that the problems in our healthcare system don't exist won't make them go away. I'm thankful every day that I get to live where I live, but that in no way negates the need for serious reform in both the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, etc.
Yeah I agree it can get better. We pay more for prescriptions and medicin then the rest of the world which is bs. Also I know homeboy is crying that people aren’t able to work yet from personal experience every single time it’s people don’t want to work, so all those people at Lowe’s refusing to work full time and playing the system shouldn’t have that option. Humans are inherently lazy and will take advantage of crap unfortunately. I made $200k last year which sounds like a lot of money but I worked an average of 60 hours a week. I went above and beyond so I could provide better for my family and after taxes I really wonder if it was worth it. We shouldn’t be penalized for working hard. When I work over 60 I get double pay and it literally isn’t worth it because they rape me in taxes. This country is to worried about helping the wrong people, there’s plenty of opportunities in this country where I really don’t believe the sob stories

Sounds good, sry for the derail. This stuff just sets me off. To the op the right answers definitely abstaining but that’s easier said then done
Come on guys lets stay on topic.

If you want to talk about the prospect of universal health care in America go to the current events and politics forum (I try to stay out of there, although occasionally I get sucked into the bickering despite knowing better).

Yeah I agree it can get better. We pay more for prescriptions and medicin then the rest of the world which is bs. Also I know homeboy is crying that people aren’t able to work yet from personal experience every single time it’s people don’t want to work, so all those people at Lowe’s refusing to work full time and playing the system shouldn’t have that option. Humans are inherently lazy and will take advantage of crap unfortunately. I made $200k last year which sounds like a lot of money but I worked an average of 60 hours a week. I went above and beyond so I could provide better for my family and after taxes I really wonder if it was worth it. We shouldn’t be penalized for working hard. When I work over 60 I get double pay and it literally isn’t worth it because they rape me in taxes. This country is to worried about helping the wrong people, there’s plenty of opportunities in this country where I really don’t believe the sob stories

I work hard too. Most Americans "work hard"

no-vacation-nation-revisited-fig1-2014-04.jpg

I totally reject the notion that "humans are inherently lazy" or "Americans are inherently lazy", etc. I also refuse to lay the blame for our failed system at the feet of people who have no power. But that's all I have to say about it I guess...this will be my last post in this thread, as I don't want it to go further off-topic.

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah I ended up going to the doctor turns out crack causes hypertension and yeah my lungs were shot go figure lol. Took a week break and it’s definitely a lot better. Just gotta be easy with how much I smoke.

Just curious how old are you? Look young man that’s not good if you’re already having those problems

Just curious how old are you? Look young man that’s not good if you’re already having those problems
26. My bp went down a ton as soon as I stopped though. I’m sure I already have health issues but I’m just in a bad place rn. Lost someone very close to me and I kinda stopped caring about living unfortunately. Idk I’ll either get over this obstacle or I won’t.

Was close to overdosing a couple a days ago. Took a huge hit and my ears started ringing. Had to fight it off. Scary non the less.

Was close to overdosing a couple a days ago. Took a huge hit and my ears started ringing. Had to fight it off. Scary non the less.
I was under the impression that that getting bell-ringing in your ears (sometimes described as a freight train running through your head) is the goal when smoking crack?

I know it is for those who inject cocaine.
And chasing it is probably the single biggest cause of strokes and heart attacks amongst users.

Whatever personal loss you have suffered skirting death every time you take a hit is not really going to make anything better. Even the worst grief passes with time. And faster if you can share it with someone who cares.