• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please help! Question about tn controlled substance database at pharmacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyedgirl11

Greenlighter
8(8( PLEASE HELP! What exactly can A pharmacy see in TN using the states controlled drug DATABASE about my scrips filled at another pharmacy? I filled a script of sleeping meds 10 days ago and I took in a script for the same med to another pharmacy they told me I already filled a script for this 10 days prior. What I'm curious about is how much info about my previous script are they able to see thru this system? Is it just that I filled one during a certain time frame, or can they see everything......like the prescribing physician, the count, and where I filled it also.

I don't think this is allowed but I wanted to note, if you filled both at a chain store like walgreens, they keep their own databases of that information shared between all the stores so it's not necessarily related to a state-run database at all. Either way, you can find information about how any state databases run pretty easily using google.

one was at a grocery store and one was a pharmacy chain. When I asked why the pharmacist informed me that the state of TN drug database informed him that I filled this same medication 10 days prior. he actually gave e the prior fill date but I was wondering if he could also see the initial prescribing physician and the count filled or can he just see a generic posting stating said medicine was filled on a particular date? I cant find any data base I could check myself as I assumed I wouldnt be able to due to strict HIPPA laws

This is something you need to speak to your doctor about...you shouldn't have a problem provided you're not trying to refill a controlled substance at different pharmacy before the listed refill date. If it is an emergency situation, you need to involve your doctor to avoid the possibility of you getting into legal trouble. Every state laws are different, and, as Cane mentioned, all the large chain pharmacies have their own in-house prescription database that is unrelated to your state's database.

We don't allow legal discussion here any longer and we're not lawyers so I'm going to have to close this thread. Speak to your doctor and everything should work out. Good luck! PM me if you have any questions.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.