• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Lost Please help possible brain damage from 3-mmc + MDMA?

So you're on 250mg of seroquel/day?
That's definitely enough to make you feel slow and "brain dead".

Maybe you have some underlying mental illness or are prone to depression (maybe it runs in your family?) but otherwise I don't think you did any damage. Specially since your friends are completely fine.

In my opinion (with the limited information I have) it's all psychosomatic and the drugs they put you on are actually making it much worse (specially the seroquel). I agree with the other BLers who have mentioned this.

Don't take this as an official diagnosis or as medical advice but definitely go talk to your doctor or maybe look for another one for a second opinion.
I actually have a mental illness have had OCD all my life.
However something really changed that night maybe I have another mental illness I am not even sure anymore what happenned.
For now it is just an ugly fact that I am more stupid and slower.

I actually have a mental illness have had OCD all my life.
However something really changed that night maybe I have another mental illness I am not even sure anymore what happenned.
For now it is just an ugly fact that I am more stupid and slower.
The drugs you took 2-3 months ago probably made you feel pretty bad the following morning, but they are almost certainly not responsible for what you're feeling right now, you didn't really damage your brain.

From what you have shared with us, it certainly doesn't seem like seroquel and lexapro are effectively treating your condition or whatever you have.
And again, feeling slow and less mentally capable are common side effects from antipsychotics, specially at high doses.

Hope you can solve this issue and get an adequate treatment (if it turns out you actually need it for your mental illness).

Aside from the headaches I also have these flu like symptoms like the inside of my skull is on fire.

Has your tolerance to heat and cold changed? Sneezing? Goosebumps or sunburn sensations on your skin?

Hows your appetite? Any issues with your digestive system?
Are you male or female?

sorry about all the questions and of course answer what ever your comfortable with. Sorry your experiencing this.

Has your tolerance to heat and cold changed? Sneezing? Goosebumps or sunburn sensations on your skin?

Hows your appetite? Any issues with your digestive system?
Are you male or female?

sorry about all the questions and of course answer what ever your comfortable with. Sorry your experiencing this.
I am a 22 year old male.

My heat and cold resistance has not changed at least not to my knowledge.
My eyesight did change however. I have this weird spot in my right eye and when I look around it feels like I am not really inside of my body.
Luckily my appetite did not change whatsoever.

The thing is I can actually quit the seroquel whenever I want, I use it as an anti anxiety drug.

However 3 days sober still doesn’t change anything.

It really all started the day after the drugs, no real way for me to deny it.

Luckily my appetite did not change whatsoever.
It wouldn't. If anything, Seroquel tends to give ppl the munchies, similar to THC. It also will make one's eyes turn red, again, similar to being stoned.

You seem pretty hellbent on believing you've caused yourself brain damage after one decadent bender on MDMA and 3-MMC, which, I mean, come on, man. Some of us are fucking vets who've gone way deeper down that rabbit hole over the course of a Burning Man festival or similar. Taper off that bullshit SSRI and try using Xanax and Etizolam to manage your anxiety, not a goddamn antipsychotic… and then you wonder why you feel dopey. It's clear to everyone else from what we're hearing.

And seriously, you know, there's escitalopram now which is often more effective as an antidepressant while causing fewer unwanted side effects. You're gobbling crude SSRIs from yesteryear that you don't even need in the first place. Think about it – plus you're 22-yrs-old; are you still going to the ol' family physician? Do yourself a favor and get a second and third opinion on these matters, man. If you actually feel slower, and I have to assume you do, do not just accept that. Figure out WTF happened and howTF you can change that shit. Be solution-oriented here, and let go of the past. Forgive yourself for giving in to wanton drug use and the potential of causing yourself neurotoxicity. It's okay; we've all done it, knowingly or not, but we're not all buck-toothed derpsauce about it. Pull yourself together, man. Snap out of it.

However 3 days sober still doesn’t change anything.
Yeah no kidding. Give it some more time, and again, you should taper down from the SSRI over a longer period of time. Get in a little exercise, eat right, take vitamins, and sleep well. Come back in two weeks of doing that and tell me you don't feel like the fog over your brain hasn't dissipated.

I actually really like the post above. It's true that you've definitely not caused yourself brain damage from one bad night, and that many, many people have done way worse and been fine.

Honestly, you're likely dealing with psychological after effects. It sounds like your experience dropped you into an odd headspace / state experience that you weren't able to integrate, and now have been thrown into a total funk because of. My suggestion would be to treat yourself as if you went through a traumatic experience, and use therapy, meditation, somatic experiencing, and/or breathwork and other inner-state-modulating modalities to get yourself back to solid ground.

After a few more rodeos you'll realise its just the brain lying to you. I've had psychotic episodes on amphetamine, benzo withdrawals, panic attacks on weed and severe paranoia on LSD, not to mention all the chemical depression and intrusive thoughts etc. It's hard to snap out of it because that shit just goes over and over in your head, but you always get right again until the next fuck up. Don't talk yourself into problems, they become the worst ones.

If what you've taken has given you brain damage, 90% of bluelighters should be cabbage by now!

It wouldn't. If anything, Seroquel tends to give ppl the munchies, similar to THC. It also will make one's eyes turn red, again, similar to being stoned.

You seem pretty hellbent on believing you've caused yourself brain damage after one decadent bender on MDMA and 3-MMC, which, I mean, come on, man. Some of us are fucking vets who've gone way deeper down that rabbit hole over the course of a Burning Man festival or similar. Taper off that bullshit SSRI and try using Xanax and Etizolam to manage your anxiety, not a goddamn antipsychotic… and then you wonder why you feel dopey. It's clear to everyone else from what we're hearing.

And seriously, you know, there's escitalopram now which is often more effective as an antidepressant while causing fewer unwanted side effects. You're gobbling crude SSRIs from yesteryear that you don't even need in the first place. Think about it – plus you're 22-yrs-old; are you still going to the ol' family physician? Do yourself a favor and get a second and third opinion on these matters, man. If you actually feel slower, and I have to assume you do, do not just accept that. Figure out WTF happened and howTF you can change that shit. Be solution-oriented here, and let go of the past. Forgive yourself for giving in to wanton drug use and the potential of causing yourself neurotoxicity. It's okay; we've all done it, knowingly or not, but we're not all buck-toothed derpsauce about it. Pull yourself together, man. Snap out of it.

Yeah no kidding. Give it some more time, and again, you should taper down from the SSRI over a longer period of time. Get in a little exercise, eat right, take vitamins, and sleep well. Come back in two weeks of doing that and tell me you don't feel like the fog over your brain hasn't dissipated.
I do agree with what you are saying here, but just wanted to mention using Xanax and etizolam (having experience with both in a country you can't get them) is if you run out, you are fucked.

I am in the UK, and when the 'legal high' scene was big, I loved Benzos and thienodiazepine's like Etizolam, flubromazolam etc. I would buy 250MG of Etizolam for cheap, and mix with 250ml of Propylene Glycol for a 1MG/ML mix.

That was the one time in my life I managed to stop drinking for 2 whole years. I was taking around 6MG Etizolam a day, and it worked.

When I couldn't get these drugs anymore due to stupid laws and people not knowing what they was doing with these chemicals, I couldn't get them. Benzo withdrawal is no joke, and it took a hospital trip for me to even be able to get Diazepam prescribed.

I do understand why Dr's are worried to prescribe them, but if it helps someone I don't see why they won't when I have explained multiple times I found 30MG diazepam stopped my anxiety, kept me away from alcohol, and allowed me to function as a normal person. I am only on 15MG as they will not give any more and it isn't enough.

Last edited:
I do agree with what you are saying here, but just wanted to mention using Xanax and etizolam (having experience with both in a country you can't get them) is if you run out, you are fucked.

I am in the UK, and when the 'legal high' scene was big, I loved Benzos and thienodiazepine's like Etizolam, flubromazolam etc. I would buy 250MG of Etizolam for cheap, and mix with 250MG of Propylene Glycol.

That was the one time in my life I managed to stop drinking for 2 whole years. I was taking around 6MG Etizolam a day, and it worked.

When I couldn't get these drugs anymore due to stupid laws and people not knowing what they was doing with these chemicals, I couldn't get them. Benzo withdrawal is no joke, and it took a hospital trip for me to even be able to get Diazepam prescribed.

I do understand why Dr's are worried to prescribe them, but if it helps someone I don't see why they won't when I have explained multiple times I found 30MG diazepam stopped my anxiety, kept me away from alcohol, and allowed me to function as a normal person. I am only on 15MG as they will not give any more and it isn't enough.
Yes, you can’t stop taking benzos cold turkey once you’ve developed a dependency. It can cause life-threatening convulsions. You have to taper down to avoid that bad situation.

Many people aren’t responsible like you and me. They’ll abuse benzos regardless of the consequences and selfishly make it other people’s problem. Furthermore, malpractice insurance rates are sky high right now and it’s risky prescribing meds with known dependency issues, especially to patients who may be suffering from compulsive behavior pattern disorder.

Talk to your doctor perhaps about getting on an anxiety-regulating anti-depressant. Maybe Wellbutrin and escitalopram or similar. Good luck!

The large majority of patients taking a benzodiazepine medication never experience any problems with it re: addiction & dependency

The large majority of patients taking a benzodiazepine medication never experience any problems with it re: addiction & dependency
Where's your source for that fact? If anyone is taking them more than a few weeks, dependency happens in nearly all of them i'd say.

From Wikipedia's alprazolam article:

The potential for misuse among those taking it for medical reasons is controversial, with some expert reviews stating that the risk is low and similar to that of other benzodiazepine drugs.[62] Others state that there is a substantial risk of misuse and dependence in both patients and non-medical users and that the short half-life and rapid onset of action may increase the misuse.[5][11] Compared to the large number of prescriptions, relatively few individuals increase their dose on their own initiative or engage in drug-seeking behavior.[63]

It also states in the article that alprazolam has been a hugely popular medication, with tens of millions of prescriptions written up until the present day. So, if we take some of the more extreme estimations of benzodiazepines' addictive potential as just being true, one would think that benzodiazepine addiction would be a much greater issue in the USA than it currently...when in reality benzodiazepines are the DOC for only a tiny, tiny fraction of the recreational drug using community.

I also reject the claim that benzodiazepine dependency can set in within only a few weeks of consistent use.

It also states in the article that alprazolam has been a hugely popular medication, with tens of millions of prescriptions written up until the present day. So, if we take some of the more extreme estimations of benzodiazepines' addictive potential as just being true, one would think that benzodiazepine addiction would be a much greater issue in the USA than it currently...when in reality benzodiazepines are the DOC for only a tiny, tiny fraction of the recreational drug using community.

I also reject the claim that benzodiazepine dependency can set in within only a few weeks of consistent use.

Wikipedia is not a good source for medication nor drug use statistics.

Also, have you used benzodiazepines yourself for a few weeks? It gets insidious quickly.

I had been prescribed a variety of tranquilizers/sedatives over the course of my life, including a variety of benzodiazepines...in fact, that's the main reason why I reject that claim that only a few weeks of consistent benzodiazepine use is liable to incur a physical dependency. In reality you've got to go hard to get ensnared into a real physical dependency on benzodiazepines. It's also why I'm generally skeptical of this idea that benzodiazepines are super addictive, as it doesn't fit in with either my own personal experiences using the drug, or the experiences I've seen with others who've taken the drug, or much of the medical literature I've seen regarding the topic of benzodiazepine addiction and prevalence of misuse.

And I would direct you to Wiki's footnotes, not necessarily the article itself. Wikipedia is not a great source in-and-of-itself, but it is often a decent repository for sources etc.

Taken from the APA "practical guideline for the treatment of patients with panic disorder, 2nd edition" (one of the footnotes posted in that excerpt):

Major concerns about benzodiazepine tolerance and withdrawal have been raised. However, according to the report of the APA Task Force on Benzodiazepine Dependence, Toxicity, and Abuse, “There are no data to suggest that long-term therapeutic use of benzodiazepines by patients commonly leads to dose escalation or to recreational abuse” (294). The studies of long-term alprazolam treatment for panic disorder show that the doses patients use at 32 weeks of treatment are similar to those used at 8 weeks, indicating that, as a group, patients with panic disorder do not escalate alprazolam doses or display tolerance to alprazolam’s therapeutic effects, at least in the first 8 months of treatment.

Last edited:
Yes, you can’t stop taking benzos cold turkey once you’ve developed a dependency. It can cause life-threatening convulsions. You have to taper down to avoid that bad situation.

Many people aren’t responsible like you and me. They’ll abuse benzos regardless of the consequences and selfishly make it other people’s problem. Furthermore, malpractice insurance rates are sky high right now and it’s risky prescribing meds with known dependency issues, especially to patients who may be suffering from compulsive behavior pattern disorder.

Talk to your doctor perhaps about getting on an anxiety-regulating anti-depressant. Maybe Wellbutrin and escitalopram or similar. Good luck!
Thank you, a lot were not, and ended up like zombies just dipping random doses of powder from bags and blacking out without dosing it correctly.

I am now on Pregabalin (600MG daily) and 15MG of Diazepam daily. I have tried the majority of SSRI's and SNRI's in the past- is Wellbutrin the one that was used as a stop smoking aid as well? There was one called Champix here that was similar if I am thinking of the same thing.

Thank you! You too mate and all the best.

I do think that wikipedia is not always the best source, however it took me at least 6 months to a year of daily, heavy use of Etizolam and Flubromazepam to become dependent, so I agree with the majority of people it will not set in after a few weeks, unless they was taking enough each day to black out and abusing them HEAVILY.

If I could still access them, I think they would be my DOC. I managed 2 years to stay away from alcohol, which is a big problem for me when I could get these legally and dose them correctly.

Xanax/alprazolam is usually only in bars over here in bags, which are meant to be 2MG. A lot seem pressed differently and they do seem to contain a Benzo, but it is hit and miss if it is actually Alprazolam.

but it is hit and miss if it is actually Alprazolam.
This is the same case in the U.S. Lotta pills pressed to look like bars, but DEA reports finding counterfeits pressed with everything from Etizolam and Flualprazolam, to Fentanyl and U-47700.

Re: Wellbutrin, aka Bupropion, aka 3-chloro-n-tert-butyl-cathinone, to me, is quite an interesting compound in that it is a nicotinergic receptor antagonist as well as a member of the beta ketone amphetamines called "cathinones". Helps individuals with compulsiveness issues, and this includes nicotine cessation. It is also classified as an atypical antidepressant. It is not an SSRI but rather an NDRI (norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor) primarily and also partially an NDRA (releasing agent).

Champix, on the other hand, while also used for nicotine cessation, is a high-affinity partial agonist for the α4β2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subtype (nACh) that leads to the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens. In this action, it (theoretically) curbs cravings for smoking by providing the nicotine-assisted dopamine boost smokers are accustomed to getting from smoking tobacco and inhaling nicotine directly…

You know, when you find a drug you really like, sometimes it's a good idea to stockpile it before it disappears. The risk, of course, is proportional to the total weight, so that should be considered, too, in a risk-versus-reward manner. Eh, they can't all be zingers…

This is the same case in the U.S. Lotta pills pressed to look like bars, but DEA reports finding counterfeits pressed with everything from Etizolam and Flualprazolam, to Fentanyl and U-47700.

Re: Wellbutrin, aka Bupropion, aka 3-chloro-n-tert-butyl-cathinone, to me, is quite an interesting compound in that it is a nicotinergic receptor antagonist as well as a member of the beta ketone amphetamines called "cathinones". Helps individuals with compulsiveness issues, and this includes nicotine cessation. It is also classified as an atypical antidepressant. It is not an SSRI but rather an NDRI (norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor) primarily and also partially an NDRA (releasing agent).

Champix, on the other hand, while also used for nicotine cessation, is a high-affinity partial agonist for the α4β2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subtype (nACh) that leads to the release of dopamine in the nucleus accumbens. In this action, it (theoretically) curbs cravings for smoking by providing the nicotine-assisted dopamine boost smokers are accustomed to getting from smoking tobacco and inhaling nicotine directly…

You know, when you find a drug you really like, sometimes it's a good idea to stockpile it before it disappears. The risk, of course, is proportional to the total weight, so that should be considered, too, in a risk-versus-reward manner. Eh, they can't all be zingers…
I knew some had Etizolam (going to the end of your message, should have stockpiled.......) but have never heard of Flualprazolam. I understand it is from the chemical it gets its name, but is Flualprazolam more potent than Alprazolam? I only ask due to things such as Flunitrazepam and how sedating that can be.

Hmm, if you think it may help I will have to see if that is a possibility over here the Wellbutrin. I am not an expert when it comes to compounds, but know what a cathinone is and also remember the huge flood of Mephedrone when I was around 20 or so. Everyone loved it, some even thought it was crystal meth where people called it "Meph", but more common name was M Cat.

Champix wasn't very nice. After taking it you felt nauseous for about 45 minutes. It was prescribed to lots of people as a stop smoking aid, managed it while I was on it but after went back to smoking, then switched to vaping. I went a bit mad there, I have 41 mods and I am unsure how many tanks and RDA's as I was reviewing units from China on another forum.

I wish I stockpiled the Etizolam powder. I was clever enough to stockpile 4 litres of 72MG nicotine base before the TPD came in to make my own vape juice, but not enough for a medication that kept me well and not drinking, how stupid.