• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Please help me sleep, you wont believe what I take and still cannot sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
I need help ASAP! Please, Anxiety is insane. Okay, so I had a new job I started recently and when trying to go to bed, and knowing I had to wake up super early for my 1st day ( I when my body isn't even close to waking up that early? It was beyond brutal, anxiety so bad it refused to let me sleep even after taking enough to probably knock out a horse!!

This is what I took and STILL could not sleep: (1 hour before bed)
--3 capsules of high grade magnesium
-- 1 GABA tablet
--1 tablet of 5HTP (100mg)
--2mg Clonzepam, orally.

Then 20 to 30 mins before bed I took this ALL AT ONCE:
1.) 7.5mg Remeron (strongest antihistamine ever made)
2.) 1 Soma (350mg)
3.) 25mg Trazadone
4.) 20mg of Belsomra
5.) 12mg of Clonzepam all under tongue
.6.) 5mg Percs (my normal dosage
7.) Took an extra 10mg ER Oxy to avoid waking up in WD. Then I laid down. I couldn't believe how much Anxiety was hitting me! More than ever before. My hands where shaking when I was smoking my cigarette, and my whole body felt overwhelmed with anxiety. My muscles where twitching and I felt more butterflies and anxiety than possibly ever in my life. I even started to break a sweat, my body was EXTREMELY anxious.So

Due to the anxiety immediately after laying down I took: 2mg more Clonzepam under tongue. Still felt the major anxiety, so I took ANOTHER 2mg Clonzepam under tongue. This was only within 15 mins of laying down. After 1-2 hours the anxiety had reduced by 90%, but that 10% feeling was enough to keep me up..
DOES IT TAKE CLONZEPAM UNDER THE TOGUE THAT LONG TO WORK FOR MAJOR ANXIETY (2 hours or so)??

So THEN after the anxiety was 90% done...(About 2 hours after I laid down) I TOOK: 1mg more Clonzepam.
150mg trazadone.
50mg Doxylaminen succincte....STILL I couldn't sleep.....

.My final attempt 6-7 hours after I laid down to bed: I took:
--3 Somas (350mg per pill)
-- 7.5mg perc
-- ANOTHER 10mg ER
-- 100mg of trazadone
--1mg to 2mg of Clonzepam. That is more Clonzepam than I have ever taken in my life!!
I went to bed 11 hours earlier so I got Maybe 2 of sleep total..
I'm I am prescribed to take 20mg per day, BUT, every night I take half that (10mg) and would be asleep.... The other night I took a whooping 22-24mg of Clonzepam!! What can I do!?! I need sleep for this job, the best job of my life. But I'm so stressed about waking up on time. And that much Clonzepam is crazy. SHOULD I TAKE THEM ORALLY AND SWALLOW? As I take them under the tongue, maybe that's maybe them weaker? OR should I take the Clonzepam under my tongue at least 1-2 hours before bed, and not just 30 mins before?? I'm confused.What else can I try? Up the Belsomra dosage to like 30mg and that would make me a lot more drowsy...I don't know.

Last edited:
You honestly sound like you are past the point where medications will help. Have you considered:

Altering your diet
Following good sleep hygiene
Exercising
Meditation
Yoga
More fresh air
New activities and hobbies

You need to work on lifestyle changes you if want to feel better. 10mg of Clonzepam is insane and most dr.'s wouldn't prescribe that amount. It does take a while to kick in, so it's not the best medication for a panic attack. It's meant for daily anxiety maintenance and upping your dose will make everything worse. Also tobacco will weaken the effectiveness of the benzos and will keep you up. Opiates can also have that effect. You need to get your medication under control and start introducing alternatives (like those listed above) if you want to stabilize your sleep.

Good luck and best wishes.

You honestly sound like you are past the point where medications will help. Have you considered:

Altering your diet
Following good sleep hygiene
Exercising
Meditation
Yoga
More fresh air
New activities and hobbies

This.

Consider doing something about your benzo abuse before you're posting in 3-6 months asking if the withdrawal will ever end.

It's not benzo abuse...

My doctor writes for 20mg a day

Yet I only take between 8-10mg a day, due to tolerance. No different then people doing higher dosages of opiods because they are tolerant. If I was running out early and taking MORE then prescribed, that would be abuse. But I never run out early 1 script last 2-3 months... So yeah. I'm just tolerant.

There's gotta be some medication I can take that will help better, maybe a different benzo?

I will get off them when the time is right but for now I need them.

Then I laid down. I couldn't believe how much Anxiety was hitting me! More than ever before. My hands where shaking when I was smoking my cigarette, and my whole body felt overwhelmed with anxiety.
If I smoke before bed, I will be up all night. Unless I took my entire prescription bottle of benzos, even then, just 1 cigarette is powerful enough to negate all the sleep inducing effects of downers. smoking is like the ultimate "all nighter" drug for me. I've fallen asleep on stimulants,coffee, but have a cigarette and no fkin way am I gonna sleep. Because of this, I cannot have a cigarette 5 hours before bed.

Take a high dose of REMERON on the night u want to knock urself out. 15mg is more powerful sedative than 7.5 , speaking from personal experience.

Last edited:
At least add 50mg of benadryl/diphenhydramine or so to this regimen before doing anything more drastic. That should help potentiate a little and sedate you enough until you can get in with your doctor.

At least add 50mg of benadryl/diphenhydramine or so to this regimen before doing anything more drastic. That should help potentiate a little and sedate you enough until you can get in with your doctor.
Hes already desensitized his histamine receotors with REMERON, he needs to increase his dosage on the nights he wants to sleep good.

This one time I took 90mg REMERON (I don't advise this, I wanted to quit this medicine so I went out with a bang) and passed out and slept for a good 12-16 hours. One of the best nights sleep I evr has! I was so refreshed and energized from the sleep that I went to exercise in the forest for 4-5 hours the next day.

Are you in the middle of opiate withdrawal or would be fairly quickly if you didnt take the relatively low (well for us here on BL its low) doses of oxy? No wonder you are anxious.

Clonazepam is one of the slower acting benzos but does stick around longer in non-chronic dosing so it can be shitty for a quick onset-panic attack but usually ok for sleep where time is less of the essence. At the doses you took though anything could happen. I imagine you tell yourself no more is going to do a goddamn thing but understand the need to feel at peace. Just be careful man. No job is worth dying trying to get to sleep for it.

Not much we can do for you here. Work a long physical day, and you'll have no problem falling asleep at night.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.