Please help me quit ecstasy!

Hi mate. How long have you been taking pills? How many do you reckon you've taken? My response is a bit different depending on how many you've taken over the years.....

OK, my friends want to quit as there doing 15 and more when they pop. But say they can't. Even though the feeling is different from the first so many times they did it, they still think with more pills they will get the same feeling. Wrong. This is where I beleive you do start fuckin' up your mind.
And to say cut your funds, in many cases doesn't work. In my friends instance they know the dealer, and get a very good price for them. Basically the same price as a pint costs. So sometimes you get free ones.
So all I can say to you, if your serious about quitting (which my friends aren't) then don't go around with the people who do it. We have parties and basically there is over 200 pills there, weed, speed and coke. So you will be tempted by all of this bullshit. Don't go to them (if you have parties like us).
I am not saying lose your friends just don't see them for a few weeks. And when they do go out and not pill (or even do) go with them, but don't take any.
If you have another set of friends then go around with them. Tell your friends your quitting so they don't think you have just left them. And soon you should be able to go to the parties and just drink!
hope that helps, but dude you know it's gonna be hard.

I can emphathize with you... I tried my first pill 6 years ago and really had a problem with it for about 4 of those years. You took 20 pills, I've taken hundreds. It will eventually lose it's appeal, so you can trust in that... after a while it won't even work. I am in debt from all of my partying... best advice is not to try to quit but to tell yourself that you can party occasionally (kind of like dieting- if you told yourself you could never have a piece of chocolate cake again you would eventually binge). Try once every two weeks, 2 pill max. Then once a month, same thing. If you can get down to once every 3 months you are good and I woudn't worry... I roll maybe twice a year at this point, but I am 27.... E is such a beautiful thing but to use the food analogy too much can turn you into a gluttonous slob....

Originally posted by drab4:
Hi mate. How long have you been taking pills? How many do you reckon you've taken? My response is a bit different depending on how many you've taken over the years.....
Actually, this may sound a little lame but I've only taken e for a couple of months now. About 20 pills.
I really like it. I know that there are people with much harder problems and severe addictions but still. I've started drikning quite heavily to convince myself that I can have fun without e. Got pretty loaded whit weekend.

Originally posted by Del:
OK, my friends want to quit as there doing 15 and more when they pop. But say they can't. Even though the feeling is different from the first so many times they did it, they still think with more pills they will get the same feeling. Wrong. This is where I beleive you do start fuckin' up your mind.
And to say cut your funds, in many cases doesn't work. In my friends instance they know the dealer, and get a very good price for them. Basically the same price as a pint costs. So sometimes you get free ones.
So all I can say to you, if your serious about quitting (which my friends aren't) then don't go around with the people who do it. We have parties and basically there is over 200 pills there, weed, speed and coke. So you will be tempted by all of this bullshit. Don't go to them (if you have parties like us).
I am not saying lose your friends just don't see them for a few weeks. And when they do go out and not pill (or even do) go with them, but don't take any.
If you have another set of friends then go around with them. Tell your friends your quitting so they don't think you have just left them. And soon you should be able to go to the parties and just drink!
hope that helps, but dude you know it's gonna be hard.

My post might have sounded a little more dramatic then it really is. Sorry. Read my previous post in this thread about my drug-use.
The friends I started taking pills with live in another country. So that's not gonna tempt me. They are my closest friends. You understand what I mean. After rolling together freaquently we got really close. When I take e now, I feel closer to them. I feel like I used to do with them.
The people I hang out with here don't do drugs. They just drink. I'm kinda bringing drugs into their set of friends. Young girl even ask me for drugs but I'm not gonna drag anyone else with me. Gonna keep it to myself.
This friday there will be another party with heavy drinking. I'm gonna smoke a joint before I get there. Just to relax. Staying clean form e.

Originally posted by Bella:
I can emphathize with you... I tried my first pill 6 years ago and really had a problem with it for about 4 of those years. You took 20 pills, I've taken hundreds. It will eventually lose it's appeal, so you can trust in that... after a while it won't even work. I am in debt from all of my partying... best advice is not to try to quit but to tell yourself that you can party occasionally (kind of like dieting- if you told yourself you could never have a piece of chocolate cake again you would eventually binge). Try once every two weeks, 2 pill max. Then once a month, same thing. If you can get down to once every 3 months you are good and I woudn't worry... I roll maybe twice a year at this point, but I am 27.... E is such a beautiful thing but to use the food analogy too much can turn you into a gluttonous slob....
I'm thinking of using e sometimes this summer. I really don't want it to lose it's magic. I feel sorry for everbody who this has happend to.

Hi mate. As you've only been taking pills a short while, you won't have the habit thing to break. When you've been doing something like pills for years, it does tend to become part of your lifestyle., similar to social drinking for example.
"I've started drikning quite heavily to convince myself that I can have fun without e."
Although that sounds bad, it actually isn't! Drinking is a good way to get over a pill comedown, and will help ween you off the pills. Good luck mate!

Thanks alot drab4. Your right. Drinking ain't bad at all.
Now I've got another reason to quit. I have reacently discovered that I've got HPPD. It's not very serious but I see it all the time. It seems so get worse by the hour too. That sucks.

When I feel the need for speed ah ha...i mean that's not funny, when i feel a craving i eat chocolate. Chocolate doesn't hurt your brain or make you angry. And along with that I put vicks on my chest and smell it.
Basically you should just try not to think about it and get your friends to support you when you say i'm not doing E when i go to the party tonight...I know it feel real hard when everyone is tripped out and drunk and stuff and you're completely sober but just think, you won't look like a sloppy junkie, puking out your guts and stumbling around like a loser! :)

It's good to see you have (are) going to stop. How long has it been now?

Originally posted by Del:
It's good to see you have (are) going to stop. How long has it been now?
Tomorrow it will be exactly 2 weeks since my last trip. Gonna smoke som hash tomorrow. Doesn't fuck my brain up a much as e.

I was never "addicted" to E, but I have been able to cut waaay back on my use. Three tips: don't have out with other rollers as much, put money into savings or something where you will be less likely to have it laying around for pills, and start working out more or eating a better diet to make you feel more healthy. As I felt more healthy and worked out more often, I was more reluctant to drop a pill because I knew it would mess me up for 5 days.
Or start doing something that interests you so much that it takes time away from possible rolling times, i.e. I started working more on my singing instead of clubbing.