• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help me not withdraw from Dihydrocodeine

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I only get one weeks worth of my DHC at a time. I can never make it last more than 5 days (some weeks only 4 days). Two weeks ago I found a full strip of codeine phosphate 30's and that meant I had enough opiates to last me the whole week. The week after that my doctor forgot to post-date my script so it was fine because that was when I ran out anyway. MY G.P. told me to make sure I never ran out. My next dose is Monday. Having to get it early means I rang up this morning (they're closed over the weekend) to get a same-day prescription. Assuming this, I thought I'd get my next script today, but my G.P. wasn't there and the prescribing doctor refused to prescribe it and wouldn't even to me a post-dated script for Monday I'll be able to talk to me G.P on Monday. Having assumed I'd get some today, I thought it was fine to have my full prescription this week on Mon-Thurs.
Now it's late Friday afternoon. I've only had one tablet today leaving me with seven.

How the fuck am I gonna go basically 72 hours on 7 pills? Could you guys suggest anything OCT to help? Or things to potentiate the DHC, or at least make it last longer?
Would any of my meds help?
I have:
Sertraline
Bisoprolol
Chlorpromazine
Trazodone
Quetiapine
Trazodone
Loratidine
Sodium Valproate
Naproxen

I wouldn’t use any of your other medication to help with withdrawal.
It doesn’t sound like anything you have will help opiate withdrawal anyway and then you will be short on other medication.
That is a viscous cycle.

I occasionally run myself a day or two short on morphine. I take 75 mg a day of MS Contin.
I have found that I can take 24 loperamide 2 mg tablets. So 48 mg at one time and that will hold me over for almost two days.
It really helps the withdrawal symptoms. It doesn’t do much for pain and it definitely sucks for any kind of feeling of “wellbeing” or high.
But, It will keep you well until you can get to the doctor Monday.

I am just going to add, don’t use the loperamide for more than 1-2 days. It has a bad withdrawal of its own that is LONG.
Also, use the lowest amount of loperamide as is possible to get you through.
The loperamide seems to block the MS Contin, so I just use my MS Contin like normal until I am out and then start on the loperamide about 3 hours before the last dose of MS Contin wears off.
This gives a smooth transition and makes life bearable for a day or two.

If you're in the UK just go and buy some co-codamol (quite cheap) or Paramol (this one has DHC and it's a bit pricey), which don't require a prescription, and do a CWE to get rid of the paracetamol.

Some pharmacies will also sell codeine linctus, which has no other active ingredients (15 mg of codeine per 5ml). Some won't without a prescription for it. Technically it's legal to sell without a prescription but since it's a pharmacy only medicine they can sell it to who they want and might do so only if prescribed.

I trust I'm not doing any sourcing as I'm not telling you who sells what exactly.
Codeine content in the co-codamol is only 8mg per tablet so you do need to do a simple cold water extraction on a few tablets to have a good dose of codeine. Codeine will be fine to keep dihydrocodeine withdrawals at bay (codeine is roughly half the potency so you might need a bit more codeine compared to your usual dhc dose) and I say so from experience.

Usually you can get one box only as that's the limit per buyer so you might need to shop around to get a few.

If you're in the UK just go and buy some co-codamol (quite cheap) or Paramol (this one has DHC and it's a bit pricey), which don't require a prescription, and do a CWE to get rid of the paracetamol.

Some pharmacies will also sell codeine linctus, which has no other active ingredients (15 mg of codeine per 5ml). Some won't without a prescription for it. Technically it's legal to sell without a prescription but since it's a pharmacy only medicine they can sell it to who they want and might do so only if prescribed.

I trust I'm not doing any sourcing as I'm not telling you who sells what exactly.
Codeine content in the co-codamol is only 8mg per tablet so you do need to do a simple cold water extraction on a few tablets to have a good dose of codeine. Codeine will be fine to keep dihydrocodeine withdrawals at bay (codeine is roughly half the potency so you might need a bit more codeine compared to your usual dhc dose) and I say so from experience.

Usually you can get one box only as that's the limit per buyer so you might need to shop around to get a few.

Fortunately, I managed to get me a dozen Codeine Phosphate 30's so I was good. I have tried Paramol and it does work (even if the whole 32-count just lasts me like a day). Will try it again this weekend as I'm not due more 'till Monday and already down to about 14 pills. Gonna try and stretch em to last until tomorrow night. Although I've already had 10 today (but been up since 1am). Found 16 Solpadine Plus so CWE'd them and had 128mg of Codeine too. Having one of those days where I get the bad thoughts so taking more to try and block them out,

I have tried Paramol and it does work (even if the whole 32-count just lasts me like a day).

I hope you CWE'd those because otherwise that's a very dangerous amount of paracetamol.

Anyway yeah you can get online scripts for DHC and also you can order codeine linctus online all from legal UK pharmacies.

I hope you CWE'd those because otherwise that's a very dangerous amount of paracetamol.

Anyway yeah you can get online scripts for DHC and also you can order codeine linctus online all from legal UK pharmacies.

I actually don't usually CWE. I know I shouldd. I probably would if my parents weren't around but they watch me like a hawk and doing a CWE looks dodgy as hell. I only do this once a week at most, though. I usually try and get codeine 30mgs instead. Right now I'm having some DHC and some paramol so as to have much less acetaminophen. It would save so many people so many health problems if codeine or DHC were available OTC without the evil fucking acetaminophen.

I actually don't usually CWE. I know I shouldd. I probably would if my parents weren't around but they watch me like a hawk and doing a CWE looks dodgy as hell. I only do this once a week at most, though. I usually try and get codeine 30mgs instead. Right now I'm having some DHC and some paramol so as to have much less acetaminophen. It would save so many people so many health problems if codeine or DHC were available OTC without the evil fucking acetaminophen.

There is 16 grams of paracetamol in one box of 32 Paramol and doing that to yourself once a week is very very dangerous. Liver poisoning is an extremely slow painful death. I encourage you to think twice about continuing this practice. It's better to explain what a CWE is to your parents and look a bit dodgy than it is it spend weeks in agony as you die from acute liver failure.

Paracetamol is the number one cause of acute liver failure in the UK (and many other countries too). It is seriously no joke.

Out of your list of meds, I would probably just use the quetiapine to knock me out at night so I could at least get some sleep instead of tossing and turning.

And yeah please do CWE your pills if you're necking co-codamol, or try not to do more than 4g of paracetamol in a day...