• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Please help me figure this out - I'm in PAIN and NEED HELP w/Opiates and Amphetamines

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UnregPlseHelpME

I am so angry. I am not sure what it is about me, what I say, what I look like... I don't know. I do know I have two illnesses - one that requires amphetamines and another that causes extreme pain.

Because I can't get the correct information or care from physicians - I'm looking to people with experience (you guys) for help. I've rewritten my post 15 times trying to limit my rants - and have ended up with my questions first and a limited rant after - so please help me with the question part, at least!

My First and MORE IMPORTANT question - is about pain meds. I don't know 100% what I'm allowed to say or not (even thought I did read the instructions) - but my pain illness is not something that you can take an x-ray of or get blood test results to PROVE (b/c seeing is believing in Medicine these days) AND the severity of pain and consequences is off the scale in comparison to others with the same diagnosis. However, I can't convince doctors to treat me acutely much less give me a script. I AM DESPERATE to find PAIN MEDICINE any way possible - but would rather take drugs intended for pain and that I know the composition of rather than H or similar that is whatever is in the bag a person sells you. I do need to inject it, because I can't hold it down orally - so that's an additional limit on the types I can take -as far as APAP, I don't care about dissolving pills and filtering. I'd just go to the ER if they didn't kick me out, believing I'm already in WITHDRAWAL or DRUG SEEKING or a WHINER. The ER also tells me if I'm legit sick then I need to get a script and stop coming there - esp with the media these days- but my MD is telling me to go to the ER because he doesn't want to prescribe. The medical community is playing hot potato with some perceived liability but the patients are the ones getting hurt. (as if doctors get sued for anything less than DIRECTLY KILLING people - believe me - I KNOW.) I am just looking for advice on where to LEARN to get pain meds. I know you can't give me a source for the meds - but can you tell me where to learn HOW to get them (short of driving to the hood and rolling down my window). Either how to get an XRAY or diagnosis that will legitimize a doc's script or other way to get them. I have looked into RC's but am nervous (despite being a highly trained scientist) because of the warnings of "pros" on sites like this.

2)
My second question:
I'm fine getting a prescription for the amphetamine - but my question -that no doctor seems concerned with or knows how to treat - is regarding side effects. The amphetamine causes some severe tics that are annoying and more importantly, get VERY painful. As opposed to finding a solution, all my physicians recommend I just stop taking the amphetamine. (I'm on disability right now and they say - "hell, you aren't working, just stop taking X and enjoy getting more sleep than the rest of us!" Ummm - I have a ILLNESS that makes it impossible to stay awake for more than 6 - 8 hours at a time. Believe it or not - you can't have much of a life in 6 - 8 hours a day. Not only am I BROKE and on GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE - despite having advanced degrees from some of the top schools in the country and personally enjoy contributing to society - but it turns out to be pretty hard to have relationships romantically or otherwise with the living when you are always asleep.)

So HOW do people control the tics that come with amphetamines??? Mine include a lot of oral and tongue movements and my main problem is my tongue gets shredded on my teeth and I can only take my meds for three or four days before having to go off for three or four days and let my tongue heal. I am already taking one prescription for dry mouth that helps with that part and another similar to clonidine that is supposed to suppress the tics some, but doesn't stop them enough to prevent my tongue from getting grated. I am on a fairly high dose of the amphetamine - but it's the lowest effective dose and so can't reduce it - and the dose is still WAY lower than people using it recreationally or street drugs similar. Any suggestions???? (In this case it seems like the professionals are typically less knowledgeable than the "recreational" practitioners!) I HAVE to take it to be AWAKE and I have to be AWAKE to have a life - but I can't EAT after 3 or 4 days - which turns out to be pretty important to living too.

SOOO THOSE ARE MY QUESTIONS - I TRIED TO CUT OUT ALL THE RANTS THAT WENT WITH THEM SO I COULD GET THE ANSWERS AND PEOPLE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WADE THROUGH TOO MUCH JUNK TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I AM ASKING.

Suffice it to say - I AM ANGRY and WANT TO RANT. THE WAR ON DRUGS IS KILLING FAR MORE PEOPLE THAN ITS SAVING. As a scientist, I am MOST angry about the current media about studies "proving" the over prescription and misuse of pain meds - the ACTUAL STUDY and RESULTS are being grossly misquoted and misused. The studies show doctors writing prescriptions for actual patients are writing excessive quantities - not too much per dose mind you - but too many doses. SO? Well, the patients (who ARENT MISUSING THEM OR PRETENDING TO BE SICK TO GET SCRIPTS) have a lot left over. These are stolen by their kids and used recreationally. The answer isn't to stop treating patients with medication - but to not give 18 month supplies for a recovery time of 6-8 weeks and to increase awareness around the safe storage and proper disposal of excess meds. (Because using medication recreationally is the root of all evil - but lets discuss that over DRINKS, later. ;) Right?) The "FINDING" that opiates are prescribed exponentially more often than any other medication is TRUE. WHAT?? Yup. Ummm. As EXPECTED. BECAUSE PAIN is a legitimate symptom and is the ONLY one that spans almost every single illness, injury, and disease. You don't prescribe statins for broken legs and blood thinners for kidney stones- and most oncologists don't prescribe the same medications as pediatricians - what do they ALL prescribe? What is the MOST COMMON, MOST DEBILITATING SYMPTOM? PAIN. DUH. There aren't studies finding pain meds are overprescribed to patients who aren't really in pain - there are studies on top of studies PROVING physicians almost ALWAYS underestimate, discount, and incorrectly misjudge patient's pain and it is chronically undertreated, people suffer needlessly from it, and addiction (more frequently used as an accusation than a diagnosis) rates are FAR FAR OVERESTIMATED. Addiction isn't dependency, or recreational use, or even drug seeking - but a specific diagnosis that is somewhat rare in comparison to reported and suspected numbers. Often confused with people who are UNDER TREATED, MISDIAGNOSED, or UNDIAGNOSED and left to find ways to exist with whatever crutch they can find. Not people so sucky and weak they need "a crutch" but people with illness that need a "crutch" to survive because DOCTORS aren't correctly diagnosing and HEALING them. UGH.

I just hope for a movement that ends the "WAR ON DRUGS" that has cost more in terms of money and LIVES - than ANY other WAR in history. In the 20's people were smart enough to say... OHHH the repercussions of outlawing alcohol are much more severe and costly than the recreational use of alcohol - even if some people misuse it and are harmed by it. Can you imaging another change governments could make - other than this one - legalizing the sale of all drugs (that like current OTC, FOOD, Drinks, etc - are regulated for safety purity and correct labeling)- that would END gang violence immediately (in the inner cities as well as in other countries) because these people are fighting over TURF and who gets to supply drugs. End terrorists getting funding by participating in drug production, END the incareration of millions of people only guilty of possession, use, distribution - and prevent their lives from being ruined by having criminal records - we could take the funding from teh DEA, prisons, etc and use it to treat the ill and the addicted and teach responsible use and CAN YOU IMAGINE the number of lives SAVED because they are not using dirty equipment, not dosing themselves with whatever powder is in some bag, and can get help and treatment for free without being judged as many times as they want. All that focus, time and energy being used to educate, prevent, help and treat instead of limit, condemn (morally), judge and punish people who (STUDIES ACTUALLY SHOW) are largely using "recreational" drugs to treat undiagnosed and undertreated illnesses OTHER than ADDICTION. The answer isn't in CRUSHING the DEMAND - clearly a FAIL - but in providing a legal, affordable supply and the equipment, locations, and education that allow people to use it safely. DUH.

Its a shame. I am now joining the millions looking for drugs on the black market or how to manipulate the legal market to get these drugs to treat actual illness. nice.

The wall of text is indicative of having taken large amounts of amphetamines. Honestly, I recommend anyone with serious pain to avoid taking amphetamines, since they can increase the perception of pain and can cause pain and strain via several mechanisms.

There are other options for treating narcolepsy than amphetamine: https://www.xyrem.com/ - kind of double good for you, ghb has distinctive pain relieving properties on its own. On to pain - if you can't show why, the docs are pretty much never giving you anything, so lets take that off the table. Your options now are pretty much street opiates(pills and dope), cannabis and kratom. I would recommend using cannabis and kratom, taking care to remember that like anything that's pain relieving - kratom IS ADDICTING. however - it is cheap, legal and definitely effective. I took it for some major hip pain that was waking me up level 8 terrible. I'm with the doctors and everyone else - amphetamines are contraindicated due to your existing pain condition, and due to the side effects. What sort of dosage are you taking? because those side effects are NOT NORMAL. I would understand if your reply was "well, I take 200mg of adderall a day" - in that case - you definitely need to switch because the amphs are clearly not effective for your condition within the dosage in which they are still safe nuerologically/cardiologically. just my .02

There are other options for treating narcolepsy than amphetamine: https://www.xyrem.com/ - kind of double good for you, ghb has distinctive pain relieving properties on its own. On to pain - if you can't show why, the docs are pretty much never giving you anything, so lets take that off the table. Your options now are pretty much street opiates(pills and dope), cannabis and kratom. I would recommend using cannabis and kratom, taking care to remember that like anything that's pain relieving - kratom IS ADDICTING. however - it is cheap, legal and definitely effective. I took it for some major hip pain that was waking me up level 8 terrible. I'm with the doctors and everyone else - amphetamines are contraindicated due to your existing pain condition, and due to the side effects. What sort of dosage are you taking? because those side effects are NOT NORMAL. I would understand if your reply was "well, I take 200mg of adderall a day" - in that case - you definitely need to switch because the amphs are clearly not effective for your condition within the dosage in which they are still safe nuerologically/cardiologically. just my .02

Don't recommend this guy crappy herbs, I assume his tolerance and/or pain levels easily exceed that. Nevermind the fact that Kratom isn't always sold with consumers in mind, varies in alkaloid content, and etc...

If OP is in that much pain, try a different doctor. I know one thing for sure, they won't give you any injectable opiates, that is CERTAIN. You'd be lucky just to get some weak-midrange pills, like I do, but it's sure a lot better than trying to make it off the streets.
But as long as you go, act decent, and have even a SHRED of proof that you're actually in pain, they should at least try to help you or work with you.

But if you go in spun out and talking of injecting opiates....you will NEVER get a prescription narcotic again in you're life, I imagine. IF you have something less provable like fibromyalgia or something....you're gonna have to make a good case for yourself I imagine.
I can prove my pain on MRI/xrays and i'm still not given an adequate dose...it's seriously interfering with my life too, so I feel you're pain.

Good luck and remember, an honest man has nothing to fear.

P.S. you're taking way too much Adderall....you shouldn't be having ticks, or even grinding you're teeth, not at normal doses anyways.

How much amphetamine do you take daily? modafinial might be better,why doesnt your doc give you that for narcolepsy????

and what kind of amphetamine do you take? if it's DL then maybe switching to D might be worth a try.

I dont know if ritalin helps very much with narcolepsy but you could try it, too.

I take amphetamines for adhd and I dont feel like they make me more awake or prevent me from falling asleep.

Did you take any other meds in the past like antipsychotics? These tongue movements sound a bit like tardive dyskinesia.
Have you mentioned this to your psychiatrist? Definitely do so!

anyway, I dont think that using high amphetamine doses for narcolepsy is very healthy. i'd not exceed the maximum doses
which are used for adults with adhd.
just because it helps with the narcolepsy doesn't mean that it doesn't take a toll on your body.

do you measure your pulse and blood pressure? keep on eye on that. if they are too high then i'd reduce the amphetamines or get off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.