• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Please help!!!!!high dose of valium barely any tolerance!!!

Saelem

Greenlighter
Hello, over the course of 3 days I have taken 135mg of Valium, first day I took 25mg, on the second day I took 70mg, and today I took 40mg around two hours ago. I've had minor short term memory loss as well as brain fog. PLEASE help me because I honestly regret it now, and I'm not sure what to expect. ANY help and info is welcome, I'm very concerned in general, thank you.

Expect memory loss, and not much else. You'll be fine. Just don't ingest any alcohol or opioids in the meantime. Benzodiazepines by themselves are almost impossible to fatally overdose on.

You will be fine. You will most likely experience more of that same short-term memory loss, but provided you don't use any drugs within this period, that's the worst of what you can expect. You will obviously be fairly sedated, so if you're truly worried, I would advise going to be right now and riding the next several to 24 hours in bed. You can do literally anything when in a blackout. Some people shoplift, some people get into arguments and some people drive cars and kill people. You just need to be careful, but Benzodiazepines are actually very safe even in excessive dosages. You would have to take several times more Diazepam to even approach toxicity.

So long as nothing bad happens to you and you don't do anything bad while blacked out, you have nothing to worry about OP.

Interesting, and I guess kind of good, that you're still concerned, OP, about slight blackouts while on doses near what caused them. Benzos are usually pretty good at quashing anxiety at high doses, and it'd be kind of scary if you knew you'd had a blackout but could care less about it. Then again, it reminds me of my own rapidly growing apathy over more frequent booze blackouts as I continued my career as a pro-drunk.

But you're in much better shape. Booze blackouts might come with a side of toxicity damage, but I think benzo blackouts are more like simple "file not found" errors. A person's behavior during either is the biggest safety risk.