Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Piracetam what doseage recomended?

doofhard

Bluelighter
I ordered some only just over a week ago and its already arrived. Should I take the attack dose and what is that i've heard from 2400-4000mg?
Just want your thoughts on it?

From Erowid's Piracetam FAQ:

4. Usage Guidelines
4.1 What is a typical dose?

Dosages form 400mg to 4800mg are considered safe. Some literature recommend an 'attack dose' in the range of 1600mg to 2400mg for the first few days to initiate a response in people seeking cognitive enhancing effects. Start with a normal dose like 800mg. It is likely that you will feel the affects at this level. Then try and attack dose if you feel it necessary.

Some individuals report that they could feel strong effects at 800mg on the first day. On subsequent days at the same dosage the effects were not as noticeable. It is unclear whether maximum benefits are obtained from daily use over time or if occasional use has benefits.

Personally I find 800mg per day is fine. I don't find any need to take an attack dose, but your mileage may vary...

BigTrancer :)

attack dose first day of the treatment course (if you want to feel subjective effects first day) can be up to 4 grams.

dont forget the action is cumulitive, ie optimum effects 3+ weeks into the course.

imnsho, 800 mg per day (as BT pointed out) is plenty, with a choline supplement, as piracetam tends to burn choline fairly fast.

some will feel nothing regardless of dose, others - like mah' wife -are hypersensitive, 400 mg p/d is plenty.

Please read more carefully, the post above yours says "choline", NOT "chlorine".

BigTrancer :)

My Nootropil arrived today...

I am also curious to what would be a sufficient choline suppliment and what would the recommended dosage be?

Thanks in advance

How toxic is the drug in does of >4.8g a day? What kind of side-effects can it cause? Because I ordered the powder, it is hard to determine dosage size, and I would be having around 2 teaspoons a day... Too much?

My powder specified that 1/4 tsp = 1g...

It's worth noting that some studies have tried up to 60g (!) per day.... The TGA informed me that 4.8 -> 9.6g per day is used for alcoholism.

Piracetam seems to have little to no toxicity... a quick search on the net will confirm that.