• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Piracetam/Noopept - Am I doing it right?

boavida

Greenlighter
So I purchased piracetam from DocSimon a couple weeks ago and I'm still taking that. I started off with an "attack dose" of about 7.2 grams a day (1.2g 3 times a day) and decided to continue with that dose as I wasn't seeing any noticeable effects.

I hear about noopept and purchased a 25g pouch from Focus Supplements (UK). The noopept arrived today; so far I've taken two 10mg doses today sublingually (dab some noopept on my finger and leave it under my tongue for a few seconds and then wash it down with juice for the taste if that's the right thing to do?) but still not feeling any noticeable effects.

Can someone give me any advice on this please, this is strange that I'm not feeling any effects.

Piracetam, Noopept and other -racetams/-racetam-like drugs have subtle effects so it's normal to not "feel" them. Compared to psychoactive drugs which have obvious effects on perception, mood, and consciousness, this class of drugs mainly affects cognition, memory, motivation, etc. so it can be difficult to pinpoint what they're doing at any given moment.

In my experience, it took weeks to really notice any difference with Piracetam or Noopept, and even then it was hard to articulate exactly what was happening, though the change was definitely there. It's also worth noting that many people don't respond well or at all to -racetams, so you might fit into that category. There's not much harm in continuing to experiment with either drug so you might continue for a few weeks and make a decision whether to stop or not if you still aren't getting anything out of it after that.

exactly. these are smart drugs and if you had done your research you would know by now that you should not be expecting a clear cut breakthrough experience, they work far more subtly than that.

when i used to take noopept i would take 1 capsule of around 15-25 mg of it at a time, 2 to 3 times per day. at 50-60mg+ per day this way i could actually feel it, albeit this was a SUBTLE feeling that was difficult to describe. adding piracetam to the mix seemed to work but again, this is difficult to articulate. it added to alertness and an overall sense of taking in sensory experience.

keep taking it rigorously and you will notice something eventually, if you are in tune with yourself and your body

Such dosage is always risky, everyone's body is different and reacts differently. It is better to find something that husband some proportions and dose of one tablet is safe, for example. In limitless forte.

I just drop ~300 mg of choline and ~10-15 mg of noopept into a glass of water and wash it down. The noopept doesn't dissolve, but I find it works best for getting it down without tasting it (bleh).
And as has been said already, you don't necessarily "feel" them, especially at the start with piracetam. Piracetam has to be given some time to build up the right levels in the body before it starts taking effect. (I think it's typically a couple weeks.)

Also, I've heard about people here at UK Universities snorting the Noopept powder. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think that would do anything whatsoever. As said before, it doesn't really make you feel much, so I don't think there would be much use in that, even if it worked at all in the first place.
Plus, it smells and tastes nasty (probably the worst thing I've tried, and I've drunk a lot of concentrated wormwood tea in my time), and I could imagine having that dripping down your throat for a while would get revolting pretty quick.