• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

piperazines + ssris?

toa$t

Bluelighter
It's pretty common knowledge around here that MDMA and SSRIs are a no fly zone. Anyone know if someone taking SSRIs will get a buzz off piperazines?

given that piperazines are still sold as legal alternatives to ecstacy, i think it's safe to assume that they both work by binding to 5-HT receptors in the brain, giving you some similar effects. it seems likely that you shouldn't take either mdma/piperazines when on ANY sort of serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and not just specifically SSRIs.

I know that you (they) call this "stimulant alternative to MDMA" stuff piperazine, but there are a lot of piperazines, like for instance hydroxyzine, which have nothing to do with this stuff. That always puzzled me.

Piperazine, the basic, unsubstituted chemical, is a simple ringed molecule that is sometimes used in deworming for animals. I`d prefer it if people used the phrase "psychedelic piperazines" since this group of chemicals is too vast for a specific term like that.

When people say piperazines with reference to recreational drugs, they usually mean BZP, TFMPP, MCPP, MEOPP, or PFPP (these can be found on Wiki).

As to the answer to your question, the answer is probably yes, SSRIs might dampen the effects in theory, probably not as much as they would with MDMA. Has anyone here taken these drugs with SSRIs?

Hydroxyzine is actually kinda close to BZP in chemical structure... or should I say it contains the structure of BZP within it.

I whole boatload of popular prescription drugs atm are piperazines, but I'm sure toa$t is referring to bzp, mcpp, and tfmpp for some reason.

There shouldn't be any cross reaction between these pipes and ssris.

btw and i know this here sentiment of mine is an example of schadenfreud but Im so very glad the website selling those pips in bulk disappeared a few months back, tho i dont wish its propietors any sort of harm

welcome to the jungle. we got Fun And GameS. we got everything u want. honey we know the names--guns n roses, apetite 4 destruction

ziprasidone, hydroxyzine, olanzapine, trazodone, serzone, and seroquel are just a couple o piperazines on the market atm but trust me they are all over the place right now

piperazine itself, HN-(CH2CH2)2-NH, is available otc as a vet de-wormer. it exerts a sedative but non-lethal effect on the nervous systems of nematodes which can sometimes, if ur lucky, make it easier for Fluffy to expel those parasitic worms living in his or her digestive tract while they sleep

^They do have a "cross reaction" actually. Well, they should in theory--SSRIs should at least partially block the mechanism by which psychedelic piperazines (and MDMA for that matter) exert their serotonergic effects. So there should be a reduced effect of some kind, yes.

I rave SO HARD on seroquel. ;)
The extent to which a particular substituted piperazine's effects will be dampened by SSRIs should vary according to whether the piperazine has a binding affinity at SERT significant lower than SSRIs AND to the extent that said piperazine exerts its effects via release of 5ht. Many of these piperazines are funky multi-mechanism things, acting as stimulants releasing DA and NE, exerting direct agonism at various 5ht sub-types, direct adrenergic agonism, etc., so we'd expect less of a reduction in fx than with MDxA.

ebola

i know That you can take normal doses of compazine, but if you take too many you can go into what is called distonic reaction. This happenned to me and I thought I was having a stroke because thr muscles in my head were pulling to the side and domnward. I got really scared aand called 911. the paramedics were trying to give me the antidote, which is benadryl, and they couldn't get a vein because they were shot, so they IM'd it. about 30 minuites later it was gone. But I will never take a compazine again.

i know That you can take normal doses of compazine, but if you take too many you can go into what is called distonic reaction. This happenned to me and I thought I was having a stroke because thr muscles in my head were pulling to the side and domnward. I got really scared aand called 911. the paramedics were trying to give me the antidote, which is benadryl, and they couldn't get a vein because they were shot, so they IM'd it. about 30 minuites later it was gone. But I will never take a compazine again.
Compazine ...when I was 18, I had a bad reaction to " the pill " non stop projectile vomiting 4 a week ..went to er... Gave me compazine suppositories.. 2 days later tounge got huge.. cldnt call 4 help... My stupid doctor told me to eat something....ended up in the ER again with full blown ANA...a huge list of never 2 take anything in this catagory of meds again...