• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

piperazine analog of PCP

rangrz

Bluelighter
has it been made, if so, is it similar to PCP

I am speaking of what would be called 1-(1-phenylcyclohexyl)piperazine

replacing the piperdine in PCP with piperazine.

just posting here to see if anyone knows if its been done, if so, the results of it, if not, any educated speculation on its effects/similarity to PCP.

Not the piperazine itself, but the N-methyl piperazine has been made and even given a code name LS-112,935 and a CAS number 21594-75-2.

Can't find what they were investigating it for though, and no idea what effects it would have, but a wide range of substituted analogues are listed on PubChem.

the piperazine has been made, dont know any detailed references to itm but somewhere in the hive snapshot it is stated as being very similar to PCP only 1/2 or 1/4 the potency(not sure which it was) but if I remember correctly it mentioned that the order goes like this ethylamine, piperidine, pyrrolidine, diethylamine, amine, piperazine, morpholine... Anyway you should check it out for yourself, it'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know about substitutions with PCP.

thanks : I asked as I know the phenyl piperazines I am use to are generally hallucingens ..in the 5HT agonist way, not the NMDA ana way. (TFMPP, PFPP, MEOPP) and was not sure if a PCHP would be like its PCP cousin, or like its "other" phenyl piperazine cousins.

(zonk) said:
the order goes like this ethylamine, piperidine, pyrrolidine, diethylamine, amine, piperazine, morpholine...

Where does the methylamine go in this? As in ketamine...

probably before diethylamine. NEway I think that's the order, too lazy to check. I'm interested in whether adding a chloro position to pcp will make a much more friendly/fun dissociative similar to ketamine

I'm interested what would happen if you'd replace the phenyl with a benzofuran group...

attachment.php

...bad idea! 2-substituted benzofuranes (especially with an alkyl residue) don't have the best reputation (hepatotoxic IIRC).

dread said:
Where does the methylamine go in this? As in ketamine...

Methylamine confers activity that's about half that of the ethylamine derivative

I'm interested what would happen if you'd replace the phenyl with a benzofuran group...

You end up with an hepatotoxic dopamine reuptake inhibitor with bog all in the way of NMDA antagonist activity.

From what I've read, heterocyclic aromatic groups aren't too hot a thing to replace the phenyl group with (2-thienyl doesn't sound like it's a wonderful thing either - replacing the 2-chlorophenyl in ketamine with a 2-thienyl group gives a tiletamine derivative (tiletamine has an N-ethyl group rather than ket's N-methyl) and from personal experience tiletamine is something I'd not be willing to take again - this from someone who likes ketamine far too much!

The best options seem to be substitutions into the phenyl ring, like the 2-chloro of ketamine or a 3-hydroxy group - these both increase affinity for the mu opiate receptor

Is it possible to have a chlorothio>chlorothienyl. That might be a good way to increase potency while reducing some of the heavier effects

thanks : I asked as I know the phenyl piperazines I am use to are generally hallucingens ..in the 5HT agonist way, not the NMDA ana way. (TFMPP, PFPP, MEOPP) and was not sure if a PCHP would be like its PCP cousin, or like its "other" phenyl piperazine cousins.
this is an interesting speculation, though actually the benzylpiperazine molecule would be stuck inside this compound, and not the phenylpiperazine molecule. from that one could speculate that the PCP analogue in question could have even more DRI (i.e. stimulant) activity than other members of this substance class.

well don't forget that BTCP is a rather potent stimulant.

Anyway, Doubt it'll be more potent than BZP, and so it'll probably suck as a stimulant.