Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills and anti inflamatorys

faerie

Bluelighter
I did a search already and got no results so here is my question.

Me and some friends are going out on Saturday night and we're going to take some pills. I was only going to take one but have just been prescribed anti inflammatory tablets for my foot.

I may not be taking them by then anyway *hopefully* but if I am is it ok to mix them with a pill? and maybe a couple of drinks. I don't have the name of the tablets with me but I can check tommorow.

Got it now. They are Naprosyn SR 1000
Naproxen 1000mg sustained release tablets (one a day)

I was also taking the exact same medication for rsi last week so i would also like an answer to this question. I stopped taking them on monday for the pure reason i'm going out this saturday and dropping. I stupidly drank on these things and got really really messy and i only drank about a 3rd of what i usually drink. I reckon the best bet is to not drop if your still taking the medication by the weekend cause you never really know what effect it might have on you. Or stop taking the medication now.

Naproxen is a NSAID (Non-steroidal anitinflamatory Drug) in the same class as aspirin and ibuprofen (Nurofen) Naproxen has a slightly longer half life to nurofen approx. 10-17hrs it also causes less GI irritation. In regards to your question it is fine to mix with pills at the dosage you are taking, i have taking upto three time that amount a day for over 1 month for some back pain and also took pills and had no adverse reaction or liver problems (blood test for liver function was done towards the end of the month)