• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports overhaul

You could rate your pills according to the posting guidelines and be done with it. Its not a 'score out of 10'

^^ soma.... thankyou for taking the time and effort

ps. i know some of my comments are pointless flames, but i didnt start this to whine about pillreports or its users, just some ideas i thought could make a good guide even better.

nup i love your flamage erba always put knobes in there place. first timers posting pff.

Just adding my own ideas....

A. as the more experienced members of the bluelight / pillreports 'community' (how many "i was off my guts for 4 hours" people post here?) we have the experience and insight to shift through all the crap posts to get to the good ones. I allways praise good posts... positive feedback helps.

B. Maybe instead of allowing an entry / 10 to be written in, use a drop box with each rating clearly labelled (ties in with the idea of more compulsory feilds)

C. More compulsory feilds maynot stop bullshit posts.

D. Maybe a special page for 'expert' reports from long-time members?

E. I liked the idea about reducing multiple posts about the same pill. Perhaps a average score as well as highest / lowest displayed in a kinda 'consolidated' report?

my .02c

JohnM

Soma and Cowboy_Mac, thankyou for taking the time to listen to peoples issues regarding the site, and to reply comprehensively.

I am not trying to offend/insult either of you or any of the other moderators, but I really do feel that 'shit' and useless reports and comments are not moderated enough. When other users read these crappy reports/comments, it gives them the impression that reports/comments such as that are tolerated on the site, and in turn they may start posting crap of their own. I think a 'zero-tolerance', or 'near-zero-tolerance' policy should be seriously considered. I understand that moderators have lives of their own aswell, and cannot be dedicated to the site 24/7, but maybe you need to recruit more moderators, or somehow implement a system that increases efficiency when moderating reports/comments ? Maybe something that automatically alerts moderators when the words "sik, re', smacked, coke, and wigger, etc" are used ? =) Of course there is no need to tell users you have a system such as this running, or else they will just use different language to get around it... I really don't know. I think its a difficult job that you have taken responsibility for, and can't express my gratitude enough that you take your personal time to help the community.

The new Enlighten reporting initiative sounds like it should be good! Can't wait =)

JohnM: I think all of your points are very valid and interesting ones :) Hopefully the pillreports.com crew will take them into consideration.

erokr

Just another suggestion, I think that when a reply is added to a report then that report should be bumped to the top of the current page. That way we might be able to minimise 50 reports on the same pill.

i think some kind of fill in form so the reporter just has to click on radio buttons.. something clean and simple and to the point!

I just want to emphasise something that has already been mentioned by Soma and Mac:

Pillreports is subjective. If you are having problems agreeing with other peoples reports I think you need to go look up what that word means. Yes there are small things we can do to help, and believe me we are doing them, but there is no magic bullet that is going to stop people from having a different subjective experience to you, or prevent them from lying about it.

Want mods to be more judgemental, and throw out the "shit" reports? Sure, and you'll be happy until they throw out one of yours. And we will all lose when a report on a pill that was previously "good" gets thrown out for reporting it is "bad" and we miss noticing a batch change.

As a user of pillreports you need to always judge for yourself what information is useful, and what isn't, and at the end of the day trust none of it. Use it as a guide only.

Changes to pillreports will be happening very shortly, but as I said they will only be tweaks, not a magic bullet. Without lab testing we are always going to be wrestling with this problem of subjectivity.

Trust none of it. But moreover, take it all into consideration. Search for your pill, step back and take every report into account as part of the big picture that pillreports serves up about that batch around the country. Then you can read between the lines and judge for yourself that on the whole, people around Australia are giving these pills a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Don't try to get too specific information on whats marginally better than what else, because your big picture perspective will show you what's most available and most popular at the time anyway.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
mudomia:

I love the idea of reports with comments being bumped up the list... nice one!

^^^ Yeah JohnM, I've thought about that for a while now. I have replied on a report before that was on about page 4 or 5, and unless anyone specifically goes looking for that pill, they're not going to know that a reply was ever made.

Also like I said it might be a way of getting rid of heaps of reports on the same pill.

While we're making a wish list:

1. Experience ranking for users (i.e. an approximation of how many pills they have personally taken in an arbitrary period such as 12 months) This would give us a much better idea of posters' tolerance

2. Change rating to radio button and include hyperlinks to a Posting Guideline of what each score means.

Ok, its just my opinion but i really dont think pill reports can be improved all that much, its a great site, yes unfortunatly there are some uneducated ppl out there still reporting on how their pills contain heroin(LOL) and dealers talking up their shit, but it doesnt really matter because others will always reply and after the pill is consumed by a few knowledgable ppl it is dismissed as shit, i cant even begin to tell you how many K bombs ive come across that i could positivly identify as such just because of a simple I.D on pillreports. I for one have made many posts on this site and the only thing i can ask for is that anything that does'nt meet guidelines be removed! such things as no description of size colour or score/bevells etc, etc........other than that a very big thank you to the moderators and ppl involved in keeping www.pillreports.com up and running :)
Actually aunty establishment hit a good point with a users experience and tolerence comment, nice one mate=D

Aswell as agreeing with previous comments,especially erba's. I think the site at the moment could do with a bit off an update. A credibility rating is a really good idea as it would cut a lot of the crap and hopefully the dealers writing up dodgy reports. My main suggestion would be to have each new type of pill, posted on the main page. Then have the name of pill linked to a page of reports and comments only about that certain pill.
It would certainly make things easier when scrolling through the main page and then you wouldn't have to sift through the thousands of reports about 3's to find out whats news.

OK... what is the status of this project? anyway i can contribute? (i have some very, very minor HTML skills...)

JohnM

We need people who are skilled in css/xml, php/mysql, or c# and ms sql. I'm afraid that a project of this calibre won't succeed unless there are knowledgable people working on it. I am planning on doing some work which may lead to a new system in Feb. I will advertise for volunteers after NYE regarding that.

You could make all users be forced to become members of bluelight in the hope they'll start clicking about and increasing their drug knowledge.

Hmm... not so sure... don't get me wrong, the reason i'm here is to learn (mostly) and teach (rarely) but alot of the people that post on pillreports can't string sentances together...

hmmm.....

could be good....

could be "oh my phucking god, i was soooo smashed" bad....

hmmmm

I think that if people are made to be/redirected to be a bluelight member before registering for pillreports, the majority will, if not straight away, end up clicking at least once around bluelight.
As both me and friends have found, once you start on this site you can't stop!!!!

As for getting fucktards on this site saying things like 'my hed wuz phakin spazin wazin da mazin al nite biz yo'. We all know what happens to people when they post stupid shit let alone the above comments. They'll be put in their place quickly :)

fucking spazo' fazzazo's.......