Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports overhaul

erba

Bluelighter
hi.......... my opinion is that of pillreports.com needs a bit of an overhaul
there are just too many posts that are just factless, describe nothing about the pill other than.... "I WAS OFF MY GUTS FOR 4 HOURS"

some people try there best to list everything and some reports are pretty good. But these are few and far between.

a few more "required" fields such as dimentions wouldnt hurt.
there are too many reports on the same pill aswell.....
theres been like 50 different reports on the "3's" reguardless of colour

something that redirects a person to the pill in question, to
the page of the already reported on pill.....
then something along the lines of a question box. "do you wish to add another report on this already reported on pill, "yellow 3" has been posted"

personally Iwould like to see photos mandatory, your thoughts people?

I remember seeing something alittle whole ago along the lines of, pillreports getting an overhaul.... that is why i thought id bring it up.

stay safe.

fukn word erba.

i dont think that photos should be compulsory though because people who cant put them on wouldnt be able to give information on results, experiance.
eg, dangerous pill+ no photo access=no extremly important post.

other than that, fukn word! :)

photo of skull and crossbone should suffice :D

yeah, naaah... good point.

fukn word erba.

yeah , totally, Pill Reports has really gone to hell. Most of the EZ tests are just plain bullshit, and dealers use the site to promote what they are selling. Its very easy to bullshit how good a pill is and make up favourable test results to prove!!

I'm sure all the admins are at home frantically clicking their fingers and waving their magic wands. Believe me, they know all this, and fixing it is on their list. It's not a quick job though...

sounds like a job for 37signals. ;)

but seriously...backends a bitch. i'm sure jb and the boys could do with your help, if your offering? while there's definately room for design and usability improvement, it all still has to work, and all the old stuff still has to work. so if you can help out, i'm sure JB would love to know. :)

I agree and disagree.

I find it very frustrating to sift through the mounds of poorly written reports, but I think they still serve the purpose of letting you know what is out there, so you at least have some idea of what is going around. If I come accross a shit report, I do not come away thinking it is a good or bad pill, I basically ignore the users description of effects. I just remember that that sort of pill is available, and to keep an eye/ear out, so if I see one, I can EZ-Test it.

I definately think there needs to be more required fields when posting a report, including:

Dimensions
Edges (bevelled, etc)
Texture
Smell

I also think that in the Test field, it must be mandatory to state which tester is used, because "purple to black in 2 seconds" does not always suffice.

Although I love reports with pictures, I don't think they should be mandatory as not everyone has access to a scanner or digital camera.

I think the site has definately gone down hill, and I think the moderators need to clamp down a bit on shit reporting.

As for dealers using the site to promote their product, I think this is always going to be a problem with any web-site displaying pill information for the means of harm minimisation. I can't see a way around it.

I suppose the most important thing is to remember never to take pillreports.com as Gospel. Use it as a guide, and as one of many harm minimisation techniques that you employ.

erba: I find your reports useful and the majority of your comments justified and helpful. =)

Cheers,

erokr

yeah, a year ago... i didnt even comment.... because there was no need.

i feel it my duty to comment and post on crappy pills thesedays, cuz
SO MANY reports are UTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER crap

for example, some dude took a photo of "light blue VW's" showing about 30 pills, till a mod cropped the pic to show 2...... no surprise this is a "supposidly" crazy pill 8/10

I and many others found these to be UTTER shit.

its come to the point where i don't trust ANY reports on there, but i still feel the need to give my view because im sure some people out there go to pillreports for an honest view.....

one thing i was thinking was, was maybe a rating system where people can rate a poster......... like EBAY styles

^^^ ahhh erokr..... keep your reports up pal. noticed them for the last year. (i was actually going to mention your name in my original post)

Last edited:
i also think that you should have some sort of basic understanding of the english language before posting on pillreports to

i am getting sick of people writing reports in chump homie wigger style language

randomblondeboy: I don't know who JB is, but I'd definately stick my hand up to help out in any way possible. I would assume you would have to be well trusted individual though, and most likely know the web master / moderators personally.
erba: An ebay-like rating system is a rather interesting idea. However I can still see the potential for this to be abused :( (ie. Dealer 1 and Dealer 2 are friends. Write up shit reports and give eachother +ve feedback, in turn getting all their other friends to also give them +ve feedback).

I also think it is important to post on not only crappy pills, but on excellent and average pills aswell. Basically any pill you see, test, consume! Alot of reports on the site say "This is my first report and I'm just doing it cos this pill was so good , 9/10". In the interests of harm minimisation, I think it can only be a good thing if people take a moment to post a report (even if only brief) on all the pills they take - it can't hurt! =)

erokr

doon: hahaha!! Couldn't agree more! What is it with these wnkrs that take twice as long to purposely mis-spell words into 'homie g gangsta hardc0re mutha fukr' stylez, rather than just typing like a normal human being =) Any report written in anything other than easily-readable english should be severely edited if not the entire description deleted entirely.

fuck I don't post on here much and I didn't realise I should have been editing my original post rather than just posting again and again and again =) sowwy!

erba: glad you didn't mention my name, heheh =)

erokr

ps: I apologise as this is a bit off topic but I thought it would be a good place to ask, as many of the readers of this thread are motivated pillreports.com readers/posters; How do I take a good pic of a pill with my digi. cam or scanner ?!?? I've got a new good ones in the past but takes me 45 mins of trying, and usually they still turn out like crap!

Last edited:
erokr: nothing more than an example to follow :D

yeah i know there is alot of effort needed to make some good www code, php and such..... id be more than willing to help... just i can't code. im not asking for a totally new design or anything, just a few more simple features. Id be willing to moderate posts, but i tend to abuse and flame a bit to quick in my comments.
and i dont think a mod should be just picked cuz they wanna do it either.... and i hardly have the trust of a
"cowboy mac or BigTrancer"

Last edited:
yeah me too, I'm sick of so many shit pills getting good ratings.

I think the best way to combat all the bullshit that is written on pillreports is for us contribute and to write comments.
I think too many dealers use it to promote there pills because i know alot of people use that site too decide whether to get a certain pill or not.

Some examples of overated pills atm are:
grey dolphins
grey bacardis
Beige HQ
white clogs
blue VW
all these pills are no where near what they were rated, most of them got a 8, i would give them a 5, 6 at the most

You might be able to redesign the site, but until everyone gets themselves educated the raw material isnt going to change...

you going to have to wait...

With a new site it will be easier for the admins and mods to moderate the site. its very slow and tedious to remove posts at the moment. Want to know how slow things move in the pillreports.com world, my first post a few years ago was a long proposal detailing future modifications to the site. You have to be patient unless you have the skills to code us a new site yourself. The main person who will engineer the site will be chr1.5 who is only one person and has a real life and other bluelight implementations to take care of. Its not a new idea overhauling pillreports, use the search to have a look at similar suggestions.

Something we are planning on implementing at Enlighten (after edw1n has finished designing it in a few weeks ;)) is having trustworthy bluelighters that have access to a camera that will upload 'trusted' tests to the enlighten site. These will follow a detailed form and will have much more factual information that you will find on pillreports, and is designed to not take over from pillreports, but be used as an additional source. This is because they will be trusted sources, not so public as pillreports.com. This is to make it easier to distinguish fake reports and to aid in harm reduction.

cowboy mac, the last part of your post is BLOOOOOOOOOOODY AWESOME!

i wasnt suggesting a new site that ran on macromedia flash 5 (although id love pills flashing in my face)

but yeah, thats something even GREATER than i could of even thought of!

Bigups to Cowboy Mac :)

I think one of the problems is the way mdma works. I have found over about 7 years of taking e, that the better the stuff is, the more touch and go it can b. Ive had incredible nights off 1 pill, just 1 or 2 weeks after dumping 2 or so of the same ones and not getting that much out of it, coz the circumstances werent right. The same pills, the same batch, and I would have rated them a 6 or a 9 depending on the night I took it. Most other drugs arent so dependent on scene and setting, but mdma is (for me anyway).

I think a user rating system would be good, like a credibility rating or something. But there r so many ways to do it. Some mix of peer reviews and the amount of pill reports youve done maybe. Anyone found bullshiting goes back to 0 (but hard to prove).

anyway, just my 2c

Hi erba,
I'll put up a few responses and see how we go

there are just too many posts that are just factless, describe nothing about the pill other than.... "I WAS OFF MY GUTS FOR 4 HOURS"
Every now and then we do tend to get a influx on one particular type of pill. At the moment it is the '3's. Is this a good or a bad thing? A little of both I would think. Good because we are getting reports in. Pillreports lives for its reports, if it wasn't for people posting then the site would not be very useful. It has been said before - one of the benefits of having a free-for-all reporting system is that it gives a very good snapshot of what is out there and the availability. The only bad thing I can think of is that it can take a little more effort sometimes to find what you are looking for.
I would not like to limit completely the ability for people to post their own reports on the same pill. There have been plenty of cases where there have been three batches of the same pill with the same description all in circulation.
We don't usually delete posts because they are just lame, but when we get a lot of posts all at once on the same pill, then the pruning clippers do get brandished a little more readily.

a few more "required" fields such as dimentions wouldnt hurt.
there are too many reports on the same pill aswell.....
theres been like 50 different reports on the "3's" reguardless of colour
something that redirects a person to the pill in question, to
the page of the already reported on pill.....
then something along the lines of a question box. "do you wish to add another report on this already reported on pill, "yellow 3" has been posted"
I agree that a few more fields would be handy. I'm not sure making them a 'required' field would do any good, people would tend to just put in anything, including incorrect or unknown information, in order for the report to get through. It would be good to have some more text boxes there to prompt people though as not everyone reads the posting guidelines that are on the front page, or the reports page, or the comments page, or the view page, which is a shame.
As for the multi pill reporting, I'm not sure how we could code it. How could we differentiate between, for example, a white Mitsubishi, a white Mitsubishi, and a white Mitsubishi when they may be completely different pills. I can remember a time when we had that problem, there were 3 white mitsis, one with a deep U score, one with a line score and one with no score, the only difference between them all was strength - and they were all quite strong to begin with.

personally Iwould like to see photos mandatory, your thoughts people?
I would not like to discriminate against people that do not own a digital camera and have the know how to and the inclination to photograph their illicits to post up on a web site

I remember seeing something alittle whole ago along the lines of, pillreports getting an overhaul.... that is why i thought id bring it up.
'real soon now'
i feel it my duty to comment and post on crappy pills thesedays, cuz
SO MANY reports are UTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER crap
Your input is welcome, please make sure when doing your 'duty' that you keep your comments on topic. God knows I've removed enough of your comments myself to groan a little when I first opened this thread.
Everyone - if you have a problem with a particular report, something that needs the attention of the moderators, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the 'report to a moderator' function rather than filling up the comments with unnecessary posts. I it is a real pain to have to clean up a whole thread because someone felt they needed to tear into someone else and a flame war ensures.
The comments fields are there for comments relating to the effects of that particular pill only. Anything else just unnecessary, unwanted and makes baby jesus cry. Of course if there is a harm reduction element involved then that is another story altogether.

one thing i was thinking was, was maybe a rating system where people can rate a poster.......ike EBAY styles

This is something that has been suggested before and I don't think we will implement. Beyond the physical and mental challenges for coming up with the right code (like eroks stated there is much room for abuse, and we don't have teams of programmers like ebay to ensure it all runs smoothly), there are many people that would not want to be rated. Some people, I'm sure, would get their kicks from having a high 'reliability' rating, others don't want such attention. I'm not sure we are here to single out people - I would actually like to see reports become anonymous, but it would make it hard to do your own checks when looking up reports just to see if the same person made 3 reports on the same pill. The mods don't have the time to check through every single report, see what it is, put the name and pill up on a whiteboard and check back every week to make sure they haven't posted twice, we have to leave some things to the user. Sure we will remove them if people use the 'report to a mod' function.

Trancenation:
yeah , totally, Pill Reports has really gone to hell. Most of the EZ tests are just plain bullshit, and dealers use the site to promote what they are selling. Its very easy to bullshit how good a pill is and make up favourable test results to prove!!
It has always been the case that people can post what they like. I'm not sure what your point is.
One of the major strengths of pill reports is that it is peer reviewed. Reports that are just plain wrong very soon get found out. Surely you just don't skim the main report page to get all of your information?

Eroks:
Thank you for coming up with some great points. I agree, perhaps a few more text boxes in the description part of the report would be a good prompt for people. I'll throw it to the systems guys and see what they say.
I suppose the most important thing is to remember never to take pillreports.com as Gospel. Use it as a guide, and as one of many harm minimisation techniques that you employ
This is something which I sometimes struggle to express enough.

doon:
also think that you should have some sort of basic understanding of the english language before posting on pillreports to
i am getting sick of people writing reports in chump homie wigger style language
I agree. The more devoid of any usefulness a post is, the greater the chance it goes. I've removed two posts in the Australia/NZ area today because it failed a basic test of actually communicating something useful. Of course a middle ground has to be met, whilst I know what 'chump homie wigger' may mean, I'm sure my mother wouldn't

En_warp:
yeah me too, I'm sick of so many shit pills getting good ratings.
I think the best way to combat all the bullshit that is written on pillreports is for us contribute and to write comments.
I think too many dealers use it to promote there pills because i know alot of people use that site too decide whether to get a certain pill or not.
You have hit the nail on the head. I see far too many comments when a new pill gets a high rating that looks like 'this person must be a dealer' etc etc. A good report is a good report. A good report backed up by plenty of corroborating comments is gold, and helps everyone. Of course if a report is obviously a fake, then use the comments to say so - but GIVE YOUR REASONS. You have to have first hand knowledge to back your claim up.

To follow on from what Cowboy Mac said about the Enlighten reports - remember that anything that enlighten puts in will be tested by us using at least a marquis and mandellen reagent tester. When it all goes live ('real soon now') remember again it is not gospal, it will be as accurate as it can be at the time but not perfect, and after a couple of weeks it would not be up to date.
One of the great benefits to having such a large reporting base is the ability and agility to report up things as they hit the market (I say market rather than 'streets', who seriously buys pills from the street? If you do I'd reconsider), and most importantly to report bad pills.

Please folks, if you test a non MDMA pill then we would love for you to post a report. Its great getting good reports on MDMA pills, but its impressive if even a poor report on a pill that could ruin someone's night is posted up. Its all about harm reduction, not bragging that you have good pills.

Last edited:
As stated the problem with mdma and drug rating is its so subjective; issues like tolerance, frequency, other drug interactions, set and setting come into play. The only way to give good information, and to really know what you have is to reagent test it. The problem with pillreports is that it isnt a community and there are few well known nicks, which means people dont care about what they post. Pillreports is not meant to be a definitive guide, just an indication. If there is one post on a pill saying it tests black, dont assume its the truth, make sure you test the pill yourself also first. If there are 10 posts saying the same pill tests black, it might hold more credibility, but that still doesnt mean you will get the same pill from the same test, so you should still test! It's only meant to be used in combination with regent testers, and common sense!

i think photos should be mandatory.

i usually rate my pills firstly to smoothness then rush simply because i rate a smoother pill higher than a crash burn type of ride. but thats my preference ;p