Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill Testing/Peer Intervention in the Netherlands - Triple J

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
Triple J's 'Hack' program aired a story that featured two presenters from the Club Heath 2004 conference being held in Melbourne today and tomorrow. It gives an indication of how far behind Australia is when it comes to harm reduction and government support. Enlighten is represented by johnboy who concludes the story with the Australian situation.

Download it here. 1,030kb, [6:46 mins].

Can someone with broadband give us dial-up povs the gist of it? ;) Particularly their peer intervention initiatives?

We really are a long way behind the 8 ball arn't we. A decade they say.:\

Interesting that due to these things implemented and paid for by the dutch government they havn't tested a non-mdma pill in 2 years.

When you hear that they have basically eliminated PMA in pills, and havent shown up anything in a pill other than MDMA for 2 years... amoungst all the other harm redustion points, it really makes me spitting mad at the dangerous head in the sand stance our government takes.

On a more fun side... MDMA quantities in pills tested vary up to 212mg 8o 8o 8o

I wanna get me some of those =D

varies from 50mg to 212mg, that's a huge difference!

but as said, we really need this testing setup in our country, I wasn't too clear on whether or not enlighten australia actually do pill tests at events they're invited to illegally or not?

^^ actually in her presentation today the range was 4mg - 212mg, I believe the 50mg was just an example. Enlighten do test pills at events, however the issue is that while a pill is tested we could be charged with possession.

Very good info there.

Now all we need here is 100% of the pills being MDMA pills ;) oh and quantitave testing