Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pill test kits used to test my meth...

my innerself

Bluelighter
I always notice that you can detect amphetamine in pills so can I use a pill test kit to test my gear (ice, speed,meth etc). Im paranoid that my DD is always cutting my packets and I want to test small samples to see if I get a reaction. What reagent is best to use and what should I be looking for? Cheers in advance.

Yeah,obviously it won't tell you how pure it is but you can at least tell if it's Meth.
Use marquis and look for an orange reaction.
It's not really going to help if your DD is cutting more,only if it's totally bunk gear.
Ice/speed are both methamphetamine by the way...Ice=Crystal methamphetamine and speed=powder meth(less pure)....in general anyway
:)

Marquis is very sensitive to meth and amphetamine and the colour is quite distinctive so I think i'ts probably the best first choice as a presumptive test. Mandelin is also good, but not Mecke (for meth etc).

The problem is that a cut sample may test up similar to a pure sample. It's important to remember the kits can't be used for quantitative assessment.

thanks for the advice guys. My DD sometime sells me absolute bunk with no effect at all. Usually I just complain and receive a good shot but it pisses me off that she's trying to burn me. Thanks again.

I've found Mandelin more sensative to meth. Especially when you're tetsing a speedy pill. Marquis often masks the speed

As splatt mentioned, depending upon the form of the drug, the reaction colour produced by mandelin may be easier to detect. Here's the LODs (limit of detection) from Clarke's 'Analysis of Drugs and Poisons'. As can be seen, with meth HCl, Marquis will detect very low concentrations.

Marquis:

LOD values: 1 μg for codeine sulfate, mescaline sulfate, methadone HCl; 5 μg for lysergide tartrate, metamfetamine HCl and morphine; 10 μg for amfetamine HCl and diamorphine HCl.

Mandelin:

LOD values: codeine sulfate 5.0 μg, amfetamine HCl 10.0 μg, diamorphine HCl 20 μg, metamfetamine 150 μg, morphine 5 μg and strychnine 0.05 μg.